Tree of Savior Forum

Need more moderators in this forum

So…as far as I’m concerned, it appears that @STAFF_Marikim is the only active staff member in this forum which greatly concerns me…even more so now that activity has skyrocketed. The forum is now one huge mess with duplicate topics, topics in wrong categories, and even topics that are clearly meaningless. Good lord, are they everywhere.

We really need more moderators and we need them now.

6 Likes

the horde are comming really faster since the last announcement of cbt next week lol…
i think someone need to sign up as voluntary mod… to help clean up the mess :joy:

dont worry about that, as soon as the cbt is over it’ll be back to normal : P

1 Like

I hope it calms down soon, it’s kinda crazy how crrowded it’s become after the annocement

1 Like

I don’t mind the activity itself. In fact, I think it’s a good thing.

It’s just the number of topics and posts that need moderator action that is concerning me.

I’m already predicting that 50% of the forum activity you’re seeing right now will stop once the beta keys are released.

I think it’s to be expected; given the anticipation of the games ICBT and pending release. This is the first taste a lot of people will be getting at the game, so of course it’s blown up. But to @Atrophos_MkII’s point, it will definitely slow down as not EVERY single person registering at this time will stay active on the community and we’ll go back to a more regular pace.

I think at this point, it’s probably already all hands on deck at IMC as they may not have expected this surge of new members to be as big as it was-- case in point, the sporadic outages yesterday. It’s probably quite crazy over there just trying to arrange everything. I’d imagine the last thing on their minds is wrangling together all the errant intro posts. The most we can do now is use the tools they gave the community and flag any posts that need follow-up, and they’ll jump on it when they can.

This too shall pass…

I think IMC expected the surge, but they also expect it to slow down. They did announce about it a few days ago and they start giving out keys on Friday, so I think that they took into consideration the surge of players it will bring during that time frame but deemed that added attention is not needed because it will correct itself almost immediately.

1 Like

Agreed-- although we should still see an increase in traffic as bug reports and in-game discussion start moving in, but I think the big mess of cluttering duplicate topics will definitely dwindle almost immediately as the game is released.

Well considering the people who will be posting about the bugs are the ones that actually know how this forums work I don’t think it would be much of a problem.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with “slowing down” but everything to do with stupidity.

We could very well have a larger number of people and keep things clean, that’s no excuse.
Anyway, I’ve already expressed my opinion about this on a different topic so; +1 for more moderators.

(seriously, please. its so awful i rather not post in most threads cause people just keep making “one-replies” threads that don’t evolve discussion…).

Well, IMC is kinda rookie in this “game publisher” thing so I think it will take some time until they learn a bit more about community management. Until there…brace yourselves.

Agreed, especially now that testing phases are started.

Maybe we’ll see @STAFF_J and @STAFF_Shawn

We can always flag the double posts and stupid posts. I mean if the moderators can’t do it it’s up to the decent part of the community to clean up. We all love this game and we all want to spend a lot of time in the forums, so what’s a little more time spent flagging these posts.

P.S: if moderators need help I am more than willing to volunteer I can do it for free and I have experience in forum moderation as well…

Edit: grammar again

2 Likes

@hibiki21 They don’t have the manpower to read every single flag to confirm things.

@Topic

With every passing thread and post, the lack of proper moderation grows clearer.

More people need to learn to use the search bar, I’m tired (as well as you guys) of scrolling though the double/spam posts :disappointed:

4 Likes

I think having to watch or do a tutorial on how to use the search function should be a requirement before being able to post.

1 Like

I VOTE @LaScoot as MOD

I’m fairly certain that there won’t be enough mods until ToS is fully up and running.

@LaScoot I know but it would give moderators an idea if posts have an outstanding amount of flags. I am not against additional mods in fact I am all for it. I was just saying that right now if the mods aren’t enough we can actually help.