Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with choosing 2 PvE builds

Hello,
Me and my girlfriend decided to start playing this gorgeous game a few days ago.
We’re gonna start playing soon but there’s one thing that’s confusing for us… The classes xD We kind of know how the class system works but since there are so many combination we’re not sure what suits us the most. We are mostly going for PvE and don’t care much about PvP.

So my girlfriend wants a fun and enjoyable Wizard build but she doesn’t like summoning classes…
What’s a fun Wizard build that’s good for PvE and doesn’t include summoning skills?

I like Tank mostly and I’d like to go Swordsman and Paltesta 3 but I can change even my main class according to my girlfriend’s class if needed. What build synergies the best with the build you are going to suggest for my girlfriend?

Sorry if it’s too much but since we’re just gonna start the game figuring out good builds that synergies together was a headache so I thought maybe I could ask you guys! I’ll appreciate your suggestions for us!

1 Like

DISCLAIMER:

I know that you mentioned your GF wants to make a Wizard, I don’t want to edit that much so let’s just say that at least one of you two will have to take the Cleric role (especially if you’re going to play together a lot). You’ll get a lot more mileage out of this duo play if one of you has a Cleric-base.

You can make new characters for more efficient or “fun” builds later.

This is probably the single most cost effective character your girlfriend could make with the least possibility of failure while maintaining full relevance on any front (PvP and PvE). It’s really hard to go wrong with it:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c1ee.1a2a315564.11213f455167759a.153545.182a355275 ( everything into the SPR stat, no questions asked :smiley: )

*Note: With this build, further down the line, you guys would have to consider making a slave character for crafting Daino scrolls or buying them from the market (buff slot limits and all) <-- You’ll learn more about this as you play.

As for you, tanks in the current version of iToS are more of a luxury than a necessity. Future patches may change this so you’ll have to plan accordingly (or hope that they provide a free class reset event should this happen). Peltasta is primarily taken by Murmillos (Rank 8) for their synergy along with Rodelero. On top of this, it’s not really Peltasta per se that people want, it just so happens to be the only class with a very accessible and easy to use active AoE taunt in the form of [Swash Buckling].

If your GF takes the build above, she’s guaranteed you and her won’t be out of Blessing (a huge flat damage added to each and every attack you both make), you’ll have increased survivability with Mass Heal and Heal (although to be honest, heal tiles are mostly laid down for damage nowadays). She won’t worry about herself as long as she’s under Healing Factor (Lv8 + 1 with Divine Might buff will put it at 60s duration, making her buffs time out nicely).

Sample buff sequence:
Lv5 Divine Might (to add +1 to all her skills for the next 6 skills she’ll use) <–applies to everyone in the party and within range
Lv15+1 Blessing (for more damage) -> Lv5+1 Aspegillum -> Lv5+1 *Bloodletting -> Lv8+1 Healing Factor (all these becomes 60s duration, along with Blessing’s default 60s, makes for easier buff maintenance).

*situational

She won’t really be [auto attacking] much but it is still a decent damage filler once she’s reached Rank 7+ (Plague Doctor starts here). You on the other, should complement her near invulnerability by providing damage. Hard to say, I’m not quite sure what you’d prefer since there’s no real “safe bet” for other classes than Clerics. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alright, thanks for all the info! But she wants to go Wizard and doesn’t really like healer. I could go as a Cleric if needed. What kind of Cleric + Wizard build is the best? Is it even good?

You have three popular builds available for the Wizard-base, two are almost timeless (at least up until the point of this writing) and the third one being recently popular post the combat overhaul:

Here’s a brief summary:

1. Wizard 3 - Elementalist 3 - Warlock 2 (aka Elememe) - INT - This is the timeless build that used to be CON heavy, now it’s pure INT if only for PvE. This build aims for the most magic attack and as such a Staff is recommended.

Wizard choices are laid out with leftover points up to your choice, Lv3 Lethargy unlocks the ability to learn the attribute for giving additional damage to targets when they receive [Strike] attacks (which is commonly done by Mace attacks or Strike skills, you’ll see this in their tooltip, goes quite nicely with an auto attacking Cleric). Quick Cast is a must max with Surespell at least to Lv5 for 45s duration vs 45s CD (can go for more points as preference). Lv1 Earthquake for interrupts (sends targets flying into the sky) and not for damage purposes. I suggest getting Sleep and Energy Bolt (with its attribute) to use on weaker mobs, good combo as “sleeping” targets receive extra damage from Energy Bolt.

Elementalists should get Lv15 Hail and Lv5 Frost Cloud as they are the simply devastating DPS-wise, these require some channeling to cast and the main reason why Wizard class circle 3 is taken (Quick Cast). Lv10 Meteor is a fun “top-off” to the mix as it also channels for a while but you’ll see a pretty huge chunk taken from everything it hits, this is normally used last in this class’ kit. The remaining points are purely preferential, I would suggest Electrocute as it can combo with Hail (with the Freezing attribute) to deal more damage.

Warlock should have its third circle available once we all get Rank 9, for now though, only two skills really matter, Lv10 Pole of Agony (aka PoAgony) and Lv10 Mastema. For PoAgony, learn the Maintain attribute for continuous damage should your target leave the AoE. For Mastema, learn the Phantom Pain attribute at least to Lv1 right away to turn it into a nuke + damage over time (DoT) skill. People still get Lv1 Dark Theurge for mobbing purposes (any more points on this is a waste).

1. Wizard 1 - Cryomancer 3 - Chronomancer 3 - Sage 1 (aka CCSage) - CON - Even before Sage arrived, the build before it has been proven to be the single most efficient support character to bring in almost any situation. This is practically mandatory in Earth Tower (aka ET Lolopanther or Solmiki), the game’s sort of [end-game raid]…ish. Survival is the name of the game as you’re not expected to deal damage, because of this, going for Rod and Shield would be best. With Audra (staff) being the alternative.

Wizard is left at the base rank, still get Lv1 Earthquake for the same reasons, same goes for Lv3 Lethargy, the rest to choice.

Cryomancers are required to get Lv5 Frost Pillar, this conjures a frozen tree that sucks all targets that aren’t immune to it nearby. Ice Wall is for crowd control and can be used offensively and defensively, takes some getting used to execution-wise. Snow Rolling is both a gathering skill and a dispersing skill, as it’s “channeling”, any non-immune target will get stuck in the ball and roll along with you, at the end of the skill, it will throw everything outwards in a circular AoE (essentially spreading them), use wisely.

Chronomancers are taken primarily for Lv5 Pass, which cuts 25 seconds off of the cooldown of all self and party members’ skills (except for Pass itself). Lv10 Haste is the other reason people get this class and is basically the single most effective movespeed buff there is coming from a supportive character. Lv1 Backmasking is enough for its situational usage. The next skill that is normally taken is Quicken, most people max it to Lv15, I would suggest the same. The tricky skills are Stop, Slow and Reincarnate as they would depend on what you’re facing. Getting at least Lv1 Reincarnate is good for bossing, you just need to cast it at the right time based on how fast your party mates are killing. Stop is useful in some situations and can even work on bosses (after getting the attribute). Slow is debatable though. I don’t have much experience on this.

Sage is arguably in a better position now after the combat revamp as Missile Hole is the only skill that can bring all incoming missile attacks (ranged physical attacks mostly) to deal just 1 damage. It does this with no limit except for the duration of the buff, which can be maintained 100% of the time (31s CD vs 100s duration). Micro Dimension, with its Duplicate attribute, works wonders for your Frost Pillar. Lv1 Portal at least for travelling purposes (mostly for your next characters) and Lv1 Blink as your “oh sh*t” skill to run away.

1. Wizard 2 - Linker 2 - Thaumaturge 2 - Featherfoot 2 (aka The new META) - INT - This would’ve been a Wizard 3 variant had Quick Cast’s attribute for additional damage not been removed, as such it’s the two-thirds build in my eyes. It does a lot of things well despite using relatively [toned-down] classes. Benefits from the Thaumaturge buffs and as such uses Rod and Dagger (see below).

Wizard is kept at its second circle to gain access to Surespell, ensuring that you don’t get interrupted by attacks (unless it’s a hard CC-skill or you get knocked back, down or disabled in some other way). The choices are still free with Lethargy and Earthquake having the same reasoning as before.

Linker, although extremely toned-down from the absolute beast that it was before, is still able to shine with this build. “Linked” enemies share the damage and effects applied to them from your other skills, as such, you can debuff or damage at most eight (8) targets at a time with single-target skills. The skill distribution is “as-is” and does not need any modification, you’ll learn to properly use and execute it eventually.

Thaumaturge is where your additional damage and support comes from, as well as opening up the build’s ability to farm (by itself mostly). Swell Left Arm and Swell Right Arm provides additional damage, with the latter only giving damage if equipped with a dagger, hence the equipment recommendation. Lv10 Swell Body synergizes with your Lv10 Joint Penalty in that it also affects a maximum of eight (8) targets. Once swelled and killed, the target(s) will drop twice of what it/they would’ve dropped upon death (Eg: if it was going to drop 100 silver, it would drop 200 silver instead, if it was going to drop nothing, then nothing will still drop as it doesn’t affect drop rate or chance, just doubles what would’ve been the outcome, if there was one). Shrink Body is situational but you might find some fun in using it, Lv2 for attribute that synergizes with Swell Left Arm (more damage against shrunken targets). Reversi is a one-off skill that flips a magic circle to be beneficial or detrimental to you or its original caster. Transpose can be taken at Lv1 if wanted, it flips your INT to become your CON value, giving you a lot of [maximum health], but it doesn’t scale your current health to fill that new ceiling.

Featherfoot, this is basically used for the superbly powerful [Kundela Slash] and how well it works in conjunction with “linked” targets. I’ve personally never used one before so I’ve taken the idea of what skills to get from the Featherfoot Thread you can find here.

1 Like