Tree of Savior Forum

[Need advice] "Guild Master" build

Do take note that the OP is building for a situation if tanker is needed in the future.

That would only require to use more CON in the build to be honest. Equipment and evasion does most of the work already, and with shields like Aias/Beetleback you are very tanky already.

EDIT:

Also, keep in mind that everything that can be blocked will be blocked by just pressing C when using a shield. You donā€™t need to invest in CON, block or anything else.

It is a pretty broken mechanic, as you can just block the majority of the attacks in the game (including world boss attacks) by just pressing C, receiving no damage at all.

This is what i would build.

If i make a tank, i will surely make it like that.
Maybe i will make a guild, just to invite people in randomly for dungeon raids ā€¦

Donā€™t plan on mainting an guild myself.
Iā€™m rather the officer not the leader xD.

ā€“
Cartar Stroke for Aggro reasons. Without knockback.
One Spam skill, to combo for High Guard.
Jolly Roger for the atk buff, nearly no one will take corsair ā€¦ itā€™s a party buff class as far as i see it. Iron Hook is good for aggroing too.

The 250% atk buff to rimblow is good.
You donā€™t need to max low class skills, specifically the ones that make it go up in dps just slightly. The cost will eat you later on. Some skills are just useless Sp wastes xD, for my liking. (and cost of attributes)

My role would be.
Stick to the boss and tank it. Have lotā€™s of con and evasion and block.
And give everyone a buff while clearing dungeons of trash mobs or grinding somewhere.

I have seen jollyroger go up as much as 10 counts ā€¦ and if thereā€™s enough enemys that could go up.

I did build a swordy>high>pel before.
I found it usefull. Specifcally, that the aggro of your swashbuckling. Wont stick long, when your mates do to much dps.

Dear @lostjossie, Firstly sorry for my bad english itā€™s not my main language.
Second. Thanks for this post, I was looking a discussion about this way of build characters.

Now I need to tell a little history.
Im a guild leader, and I ALWAYS played as FULL TANK like you, for the sake of the guild, to be the last man standing, to give support to our fellow guild mates and to open the way for the guild to shine.

Played a lot of games as Full Tank and really enjoy to be the meat shield that is ā€˜unkillableā€™.

Now Iā€™ll talk to you about my experience on iCbt on ToS.

I went Swordsman > Peltasta C3 > Squire 1, I was going to Squire 2 but the Beta ended.
I got the key when they openned the Saule server (Latin America), so my friends got on front of me.

I soloed most of the game content or get some pug partys to Dungeons till lvl 130 (When I got the level range to play with my friends).

On my Status I went Full CON, on open beta Iā€™ll go do it again.

Ok, I suffered a lot soloing most of stupid bosses cause I had no damage, But hey! I was soloing themā€¦ I was meant to play in party and quest in party, this type of content only came to me on lvl 130+. But I managed to do it.

Pugs on Dungeon just loved me, most of them wanted me as friend cause. ā€œOMG <3 Tank, Dg was so izi and fastā€. But they just donā€™t added cause the friend request was broken XD, none of them said ā€œ-1 on the party, Tank is uselessā€ or something about it.

About Tanking, Yeah, you just press the Swashbuckler button and can simply hold C to TANK, OR you can skill rotate (no real need about it, unless your party is Physical Damage oriented, and you really shine with Umbo Trust, Armor break is Really good).
About loosing aggroā€¦ Iā€™ll tell you one thing, I NEVER LOST AGGRO, never ever. Every boss that I tanked, every mobs that I lured, none of them turned their face to my DPS, theyā€™re ALWAYS safe.

One example: The Harpy boss from the lvl 130 Dungeon, When the Bullet Hell was bugged we tested ā€œNo Skillā€ to avoid the bug. Everybody outdamaged me and the Harpy still only trying to kill me, we got the bug anyway but I never lost the aggro.

I think that is fun when someone says that can ā€œā€""ā€œtankā€"""" with 0 con without problem, How these ppl tanked like I read ā€˜20 or moreā€™ magic dealing mobs, they ā€˜evadedā€™ the magic damage??? I really canā€™t figure out this, cause even me with full con build can get killed if not paying attention. Just donā€™t say to me that you ā€œtankā€, if you got 5 mobs on youā€¦ seriouslyā€¦ If you bring 5 mobs to your party to kill them you just doing it wrongā€¦ REALLY WRONG.

I really want to talk with you about of lot of things on the way of Full TANK, but Iā€™ll end this post saying.
Keep going, go full tank build it worth it on the end (Like always), FULL TANK is a way to play this game that ppl donā€™t enjoy, they just wanna see Damage popping on the screen.

Some imgs about my character that I found while doing this post:

Aggroing on Demon Prison for my Party, Just Swashbuckler and go to an edge to ā€œcompact the mobā€

I was just looking at my Blocking stats if the Ludas Shield:

My HP without Swashbuckler Buff (+25% Max HP) and lvl 15 Swashbuckler

Iā€™ll return later to continue our talk.

Edit: Trying to correct some grammar (Bad Grammar Drakā€¦ Bad Grammar :frowning: )

@Cathexis

http://you-know-nothing.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ec381b477f96cbfb8ba6e8719f94e50280b39b3149cb5e2ab01fa6620cdad500.jpg

Directed back to you, @Relzin, I mean @er_abrantes (nice dummy account, not a single post in there but this one).

@er_abrantes didnā€™t even get to level 200 or play other Swordsman builds at higher level. Didnā€™t even test his build against multiple parties of Rank 6 builds and compete against all the level 200 with full ā€œbest in slotā€ equipment trying to kill Dullahan. Looks like he didnā€™t even try tanking with a 0 CON build.

But sure, my level 200 Fencer, 200 Doppelsoeldner and my level 195 Rodelero C3 indicate that I know nothing.

@Cathexis give me a video or a pic of you Tanking the Dullahan and pics/videos of your Dungeon Runs and everything I really wanna see them.
If I were competing the World Boss as a guild leader, I would never come with 1 party. at least 2. 1 to Damage and get the loot, another to support this party to get the objective.

But the meta will change with 10 men party :).

And yeah, I donā€™t got the Beta end-game, so what? Nobody here got the end-game of this game, As a guild leader he want to soak up all the damage and ppl are just saying ā€œReroll, go to damageā€.
What you think about the Open PVP on guilds when it got implemented?
What you think on what go happen when you trying to kill Dullahan when you are at war with some guild? You really think that 0 CON will help you?

We donā€™t even know what go happen on lvl 280+, Build tanking is a long Term investment on a Character that will be always reliable to any type of party.

I surely donā€™t know world boss but I am sure you can tank dungeon 175 without CON build. Also Aias would help your block a lot so thereā€™s really no need to go full CON. If you check one of my video earlier I have 888 block without high guard

I can agree that is childā€™s play on PvE to ā€˜tankā€™ with evade physical mobs. But when you say ā€œtankā€ what you mean?

You lure how much mobs? How do you deal with magic damage mobs?

Iā€™ll try to find your video edit: Didnā€™t find your video, can you link plz?

You have any dungeon run recorded? I wanna seeā€¦

@er_abrantes

Do you even know how world bosses work? By your description of them, it looks like you donā€™t clearly understand how this mechanic works on Tree of Savior.

You can find my stuff at:

I donā€™t really have any videos of dungeon runs or grinding sessions (party ones), as those would take too long to record (and upload), as well as the problem of FPS dropping really hard when trying to record on crowded places (as can be seen on my uploaded videos).

I honestly never expected people to try to argue that full CON tank is a necessity, as by simply playing the game is was extremely easy to notice that this is not the case, and it was obvious that going with damage was the correct way to go.

Luckily you can find other people on those threads that tried the 0 CON approach, and didnā€™t have any problems at all getting to 200 or tanking any of the dungeons.

@thailehuy even has a video of himself tanking the Demon Prison mobs taking only 1 damage from them or something like that. He can probably link the video again, as I couldnā€™t find it.

888 block rate without high guard, with high guard I donā€™t need that much CON. Note that I do agree you will build around 100 CON if you intend to go tank and has the DPS to back you up. But full CON = no no

Little buff goes a long way, you donā€™t need CON if mob deal 1 damage to you

Thanks for your reply, sadly your channel donā€™t have any video about Dungeons of World bosses (Or I missed???)

About your guides, I don

Nobody expected someone defending Full Con builds, cause the mind set of most ppl are going full damage, donā€™t know if most ppl are just randomizing things. But the game changes when playing as a Guild.

I donā€™t know if you got a full tank in your party and you can faceroll on 21 mobs with your skill rotation while you can be safe without worrying any type of Danger, specially on Magic Damage type mobs.

About magic damage mobs, on dungeons (lvl 90 Dgs+) how your party managed to pass trough? Lured 5 per time? I donā€™t really know, thats why I want videos or pics, cause when I done it, i just mob my entire screen, swashbuckler and my party wipe then so easyā€¦

@thailehuy can you plz link your videos? I really wanna watch your runs.
As I said, Physical Damage is really easy to avoid, With my actual build I can even mob Demon Prison 2 and Alt+Tab to look something and come back that Iā€™ll be safe. But how this works on Magic Damage?

You can say Slythering, ok invest in 2 ranks on your character to get 10 seconds of magic immunity, but you get 20 seconds(?) of downtime on the skill due to Cooldown.

The most logical way to stay alive and safe agains magic damage is Health, soā€¦ CON is the way to tank. You understand my point of view? 100Con can be good for a Off-tank build, But like I said how to tank a 21 magic damage dealing mobs???

My way is Full Con, If Iā€™m alive tanking my party can do their job easily.

@Cathexis about saying that ā€œI donā€™t know about World Boss worksā€
Well I got a funny experience on Cerberus while my priest friend was playing if me.
I was lvl 75 and I tanked the Cerberus for a good time, I was facerolling when he started his stupid fire attacksā€¦
Ppl was just spamming skill cause he was trying to kill me on one spotā€¦ then I died cause I was low level and canā€™t hold his magic damage, then the chaos startedā€¦ a lot of ppl started to die and the boss gonna crazy, he died but I learned that, a good tank make the DPS life better.

The forum didnā€™t show, I did give the URLs

Sadly I donā€™t have any dungeon run recorded either, but the level 175 dungeon can be done using C guard. I even did one run without a healer.

Also even with full CON you wonā€™t be able to tank everything, I did one run with a swordman with 30k+ HP in legwyn dungeon, he still dies.

This is exactly what we all do. We use Swash Buckling to lure everything on the screen, then proceed to kill it. I am not sure why you find this so hard to believe, with so many people playing the game doing this without going full CON or anything like that.

You can even find videos of Wizards soloā€™ing the high level dungeons, or people doing normal runs like these:

Look at their health, look at the damage they receive from mobs, look at the damage they deal. Sometimes they donā€™t even have a tank or a healer, imagine in a full party.

Tree of Savior is a game where tanks (full CON) are not needed. I am not sure what mobs you are afraid of, but all of these people and many, many more had no problems completing the dungeons or high level maps with little to no CON.

Very educational, thanks for all your posts.

Con is a PvP stat, can we leave it at that? At least at the levels currently available, that is.

That videosā€¦ sorry man, but they made me laugh really hard.

About the bosses, with this Bugged AI, every Rank 1 can kill itā€¦ Seriously this videos?
Ok, let me sayā€¦ this Dullahan when not bugged he goes to places huh? He keep changing Aggro between players its nice to see how much wasted AoEs happen when he chargesā€¦ Why nobody tank him on the edge? Naaahā€¦

Wizards killing history bossesā€¦ thats ok. its only quest bossesā€¦ any dps can solo them and again with this stupid AIā€¦

About Soloing Dungeon: Yeah its doableā€¦ but how much time they wasted doing this?
About No Tank Dungeon: Seriously? So much wasted AoE damage, So much wasted time, 5 mobs killing per time? the first video of the 4 man party done in 16 minutesā€¦ SERIOUSLY? :frowning: 1 Tank there can mob easily there.
I didnā€™t saw any magic damage on any of these videos, I think you donā€™t get the point of how much time was wasted on these videos.

But thats ok, keep that mindset everything will be fine, Hope that Iā€™m wrong while build my character ^^ and when the real game comes i should ā€œreroll my characterā€. :smile:
Next beta Iā€™ll try to have Dungeon Runs and things like that.

You clearly missed the point of the videos.

Because it is close to impossible to keep aggro on Dullahan with how many people are dealing damage to it. I couldnā€™t find any videos with lots of level 200 people doing Dullahan at the same time, but he will always keep on moving.

Still, most of the time Dullahan will stay in one place (without bugging him) and he will only move to use his skill where he charges.

By the way, this wasnā€™t about killing Dullahan, it is about how you clearly donā€™t need CON to tank Dullahan (or any world boss), which is the point of those videos.

I didnā€™t link any quest bosses. Those are all dungeon bosses (level 175, 190 and 200 dungeons). Which once again, you donā€™t need any CON to tank.

You only have 2 runs a day. If you can solo a dungeon, it makes sense to go alone as you will get the most exp out of it. The less people you have, the more exp you will get.

You are still clearly missing the point of the videos.

No one questioned the use of Swash Buckling. This is about how you donā€™t need any CON to tank those mobs.

That is because they donā€™t exist. And the mobs that deal magical damage deal very low amounts of damage (as you can see on some of the videos, they only deal 200 damage or so).

You still clearly donā€™t need any CON.

I guess we all magically got to level 200, since apparently in your world we need CON characters.

EDIT:

Nvm, found one with more people: Tree of Savior ICBT2 - Lv.200 Wizard C3 Elementalist C3 - Killing World Boss Dullahan without party

Is really that hard to see how you donā€™t need a CON tank for this?

The only thing that i would to change on my post is, i misstyped Quest for Dungeon.

Keep Going, Tanks donā€™t need CON :slight_smile:

Itā€™s okay to be wrong. You donā€™t have to embarrass yourself as well. Move on.

My ideal guild leader would be PeltastaC3ā€“>CataphractC1ā€“>RodelderoC1ā€“>Templar

For the PvP/PvE utility (move speed and cc)

Its not embarassing, we are just talking, he has one point of view and I have other. Simple as that. He made his points, I made mine.
Heā€™ll go do his offtank, Iā€™ll go do my FullTank, life goes on.

For the OP needs to remember that, Heā€™ll be guild leader, he will go work with a guild.
Probaly heā€™ll go to Clash another Guilds, competition and a lot of other stuffs.

On big GvG he need to stay alive and make the calls for the guild, HE NEED to be the last standing man. ^^