Tree of Savior Forum

[Need advice] "Guild Master" build

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9mvcdv966c/ here is a single target focused tank/dps build I made. It gives you the ability to tank, gap closers, dps, and the Templar circle! I’m at work atm but I can break down the build for you, as well as pros and cons once I get home

If this was actually directed at me I’d rather take this to private messages, you know to not derail the topic and all that.

@Jariu I actually should apologize. I was so caught up in the build that I misread your post. Didn’t see that you wanted party utility as well. Sorry, wasn’t trying to derail your post dude.

It’s alright, the whole party utility thing is mostly because this build wants it, personally I’ve played around and gathered enough info to build around basically any class, so if you want help in doing a Tank/DPS I can totally help you, but this topic was made because lostjossie wants help with their build, so taking on your build would be a bit rude, making another topic of going to private messages if you only want my input and not the whole forum coming in would be more apropiate.

1. Concentrate is good, it’s damage is not reduced during high guard. Thrust is bad, long cast animation. Bash is as good as a CC so level 3 is enough. You have enough skills to rotate, don’t try to get more.

2. Since you are a tank, CON should be your main focus. However, DO NOT go full CON. There is no correct distribution, but STR/CON should obviously be your build (and don’t go DEX, it’s useless). Your target is to have enough block then put the rest of points into STR, at that point you will also have sufficient HP. The question is what equipment and play style would you apply?

I did some test earlier, and I can safely say that about 900-1000 block is your goal

You will need either Aias or Wall guard to achieve that number (realistically) because they multiply your block rate.

So under high guard and one of those things, I suggest you aim for 100-150 CON and put everything else into STR. Of couse don’t go for CON first, only start to add CON at level 100 or so.

1. Yes cooldown take place when you log off

@thailehuy Alright! I think I’m mostly done with it.
But do you know how aggro / provoke values actually take place in ToS though? I’ve done a bit of Google and I can’t really find an exact formula on how is it going to be calculated. So far I only know that provoke value will decrease if you don’t attack the mob / leave the mob alone after a period of time.

Or it’s actually a myth for now?

Yeah it’s actually a myth right now until some one can crack the code in the client. But with level 10 Provocation attribute and level 10 swashbuckling you will be able to keep bosses on you, most of the time (I think the only time I lose aggro on boss is when a mage decided that it’s a good idea to throw meteor to the boss before I can stack up aggro)

Alright, thanks for the information!

One last question!

What if I replace 1 circle of Peltasta for Rodelero instead though?

I’ll lose Butterfly, Umbro Thrust, the ? skill and 50 Block from high guard in exchange of a few more CC / interrupting skills. Is it worth it considering the initial intention of this build?

Well even if you ignore the damage boosting High Kick from rodelero c3, you kinda need to get slithering from rodelero c2. Shield charge is really bad because the movement is so slow. But you can depend on Montano stun and slow, plus shield push is quite good (though melee range). I’m not sure how Shield shoving behaves in PvP though, it’s quite useless in PvE.

Overall, yes it might be worth it to get 1 circle of rodelero if you intend to lead the pack into battle. You lose quite a bit of damage from Umbo Thrust and the new skill in exchange for a full rotation of CC skills

@thailehuy, Alright! I guess the stun and slow effect from Montana is a CC / interrupting skill that is too good to be ignored.
I agree with Shield Charge being bad though, after actually seeing it in action. It’ll be nice if its initial animation can be shorter or at least travel as fast as sprint though…well, at least I still have Lob Shield for that “wow” effect.
It’ll be great if Shield Shoving is an AoE skill too, but I guess it is still useful as a safeguard to temporarily disable an enemy.

Actually I’m quite confused on whether if I should pick Rodelero at all.
Rodelero itself looks like a boss / PvP handler more than anything since almost all of its moves are single target and always interrupt the enemy movement in one way or another.
Or it can be said that C3 Peltasta will definitely be a “true” CC handler and “farmer” while C2 Peltasta + C1 Rodelero would bring better utilities on a boss run (and perhaps PvP as well)?

@thailehuy Just wanted to say this, but you can use shield charge and run, and you end up with a sprint that will knock down enemies. Just an litte tip. Shield charge isn’t bad, just very situational when your completely surrounded by enemies simply using it and walking circling gives you time and space when you may have died otherwise. Also important to note is I have never been stunned/flinched/knockedback while using said skill.

Rodelero, the skills are mostly useless against bosses and the dmg is meh:
-Montano is just dmg
-Charge useless
-Targe smash is effective and does inflict blind though rare you will likely proc the effect with your 3 OverHeats

• Shield Push useless (no def redu on bosses, only mobs)
    -Shield shoving is useless, poor dmg, doesn’t scale, and effect-less
  • Slithering is beyond useful, timed properly and you’ll be fine against magic dmg, note that you only evade dmg, you can still be afflicted by debuffs/ailments (not sure if this extends to effect-missle type attacks as well)
    -Shield bash is…odd. You can use it for dmg but its effect may oddly enough, strengthen your enemy. However I’ve never died because of this so that’s also something to take note of.

Also this is only how these skills interact with bosses.

(Made sworsc3rodec3 in cbt2)

I’m not talking about PvE here since the OP obviously focus on PvP, but here’s my take

• Shield charge can help you out of a group, but not really far from it since the speed is just abysmal
  • Montano can’t stun boss (what can lol) but its attribute can slow boss
  • Charge?
  • Shield push is use for interruption, its cast animation is fast so you can prevent target from using any skills
  • Shield shoving, like I said, I don’t know how it behaves in PvP
  • Shield bash shift target stats, STR becomes CON, CON becomes INT etc. so that is good or bad depending on what your target build. I’d say it is bad though.

Although I tip my hat to you for going swordman c3

I would’ve preferred the tip of avoid swordc2 T-T too late now though :frowning: Ahh I played mainly solo from the start of cbt2 to the finish, so the mantano slow wasn’t really noticed when I was face tanking, I suppose that slow would be useful ha-ha thanks for that observation.

Pvp wise, Rodelero is an absolute monster. Archers and swordie-dps couldn’t do much. I didn’t get the chance to fight a dedicated tank. And mages would roflstomp 90% of the time. Only hope of winning is tanking their initial burst, then hoping you can stun lock em.

Shield Shoving is absolutely necessary in pvp. I was a sword3 and max restrain helped fill the gaps, but if you didn’t have that Shoving would be part of your stun locking combo.

Montano>skill> Shoving> skill>Montano, you get the idea. You can get an enemy locked in one spot for roughly 9 second. I found it very useful in pvp, 1 point was enough though.

@dog_593, Ah, that’s nice to hear for shield charge being able to benefit from sprinting. I agree with you for it being an escape tool more than anything else though, seeing how shield charge itself requires stamina in the first place and sprinting with it might be too much for a skill to be used consistently.
I’m unsure but I don’t see Slithering / Shield Bash on C1 Rodelero though.

@thailehuy, Actually I’m more of a PvE person but I guess some PvP skills should be considered as well seeing how the guild tower can be destroyed by other players, a reason why I suddenly asked the question after the primary build was finished.
Utility wise speaking, would you take a C3 Peltasta or a C2 Peltasta + C1 Rodelero though?

If you want utility then rodelero c1 is better than peltasta c3. Peltasta c3 is more like polishing the build and add more damage. Still, you need to know that roledero only shines from c2 onward

1 Like

@thailehuy, So…you are saying that as far as the initial intention of this thread is concerned, which is providing as much utilities as possible and being a tank at the same time while sacrificing the offensive capability of oneself if necessary, C2 Peltasta and C1 Rodelero fits it more than a C3 Peltasta?

I’m quite interested on why you said Rodelero shines from C2 onward (in relation to this thread at least) since Slithering looks like an inferior version of Shield Charge but provide much higher attack and Shooting Star / High Kick seems like a dedicated high damage skill more than anything else. Is it because of Shield Bash?

Slithering give you 10 seconds of magic immunity, that alone is god send

Shield push c2 has an attribute that increase the duration of Unbalance status apply on enemy. More CC is always better

@lostjossie

Taking into consideration that the end goal of your build is being a Templar: Is Squire an absolute necessity in your opinion?

I am not sure if you have played the game yet, but taking into account that you are mainly a PvE person, here are a few things that you might want to consider:

• Tanks don’t really exist in this game. At least not the “meat-shield” type of tank. A tank in Tree of Savior is someone who can keep aggro on the enemies, and that is it. This is done through Swash Buckling and dealing a consistent high amount of damage.
  • Every Swordsman build is automatically a tank by having Peltasta Circle 1 in their build.
  • There is no need for CC skills or defensive type of skills in PvE.
  • Dealing high amounts of damage is the most important aspect of this game.

Now, without knowing these things it is easy to make the mistake of building the wrong type of tank for the game, and instead of helping your party, you are hurting it instead.

The problem about picking classes like Peltasta and Rodelero is that your damage falls off really hard compared to other Swordsman builds out there. Not only that, but they can tank just as well as you while still dealing high amounts of damage.

So in the current state of Tree of Savior, dealing more damage is the best way to help your party as a tank, as it allows you to:

• Grinding: Killing faster means mobs respawn faster, allowing you to move to other spots quickly and increasing your party’s exp/hour rate. If you don’t bring damage, you make your party gain less exp and thus a slower leveling.
  • Dungeons: Killing faster means you can move faster through the dungeon and save your party’s time. If you bring no damage, then you are wasting your party’s time as it will take much longer to finish the dungeon.
  • World bosses: Only the parties that deal the highest damage will get rewards. If you bring no damage, then you lower your party’s chances of getting rewards.

Now, Squire is a great class for out-of-combat utility. But for everything else, you might want to consider a much different path with your build if you really want to help your party and guildmates.

EDIT:

By the way, with your current build you WILL lose aggro at higher levels. Keeping aggro from your party members will be close to impossible once you reach Rank 6+, as your build has an extremely low damage output.

1 Like

If you are partying with AOE DPS such as pyro 2 ele 3 or wiz 3 ele 3, Max level swash buckling is extremely useful (21 mobs) as they can clear it in no time, and the key factor they need is someone to gather the monster for them.

I don’t think damage affects the aggro that much, as a Wiz 3 Ele 3 which usually deal the most damage in the party (after peltasta aggro them), I don’t have monsters aggro’ed to me.

Able to stay in one spot while aggroing without dying is the best way to help your AOE DPS party kill monsters faster.

This is kinda true though. But Templar has the advantage of recalling his guild member when they found the boss, enabling them to start hitting the boss earlier and deal more damages.