Tree of Savior Forum

Need advice about archer build for newbs

Hello, I’m a newbie and I need an archer build for AoE, bossing, and party support.
I’ve done some research for current and future meta, but I confused which build should I take.
Here’s what I got from my research :

1. Archer 2 -> QS 3 -> Falcon 3 -> BM 1
    I think it most popular build. It can bossing with kneeling+running shot+dgs, and do aoe with falconer

2. Archer 1 -> QS3 -> Appraiser 1 -> Falcon 3 ->BM 1
    This build will waste archer 1. It have Devaluation, Blindside and Overestimate but the downside is waste on archer 1.

3. Archer 1 -> Ranger 3 -> Fletcher 3 -> Mergen 2
    I had no idea what this build do, but I think it has many skills. I guss this build is “the best” on ktos.

4. Archer 2 -> QS 3 -> Falcon 3 -> Mergen 1
    Similiar to build 1 but more AoE I guess.

this is my ping

So, what build I suppose to take? :sad: I so confused, so many options. Please give me advice or suggestion :satisfaction:

Thanks!

• Archer 2 -> QS 3 -> Falcon 3 -> BM 1
  • Archer 1 -> QS 3 -> Appraiser 1 -> Falcon 3 -> BM 1
  • Archer 1 -> Ranger 3 -> Fletcher 3 -> Mergen 2
  • Archer 2 -> QS 3 -> Falcon 3 -> Mergen 1

0 voters

edit1: This is my first time I created post so I need polishing it
edit2 : adding pings

You can also go appraiser/falc3/mergen 1, but go for ranger.

Why I take appraiser when mergen 1 is using a bow?:hey:

1 Like

erm… to correct your point number 4, it has AA. the QS3 is there for the running shot for that build.
If you looking for something cheap to build, i think no.4 will be better. the thing about bm is… you need a good pistol and a xbow.

thanks for correction :satisfaction: but in terms of damage, what i should choose?

For ease of build and play I recommend you quarrel3 - archer2 - Falcon3 - mergen1. Always build quarrel3 first. Arch2-quarrel3 builds are arch1-quarrel3-arch2 to get quarrel3 running shot as soon as possible for faster leveling.
Falconer bird will take 1 extra character slot so make sure you have 1 free character slot.

The appraiser + bullet version needs appraiser-unlock quest, and bulletmarker needs 2-weapon investment (crossbow + pistol).

Quarrel3 + falcon3 excellent support. The fastest clearing party so far at end raid uses quarrel+falcon with the strongest skills in-game (wizard3 ele3 warlock3 hail and demon claw). The quarrel puts the boss on Pavise to root it and falconer Aiming enlarges the boss size (purple circle). Hail and demon claw destroy big targets.
4 minute boss clear on drake

Highest damage of your options is ranger3 fletcher3 mergen2. Especially good at boss. Support is 0 on this build.
mobbing video here
end raid boss click here<<<
This build is strong after rework (already on ktos). If you play this build on iToS you will feel weak until rework patch arrives.

Best support is quarrel + falcon combo. You will notice the gameplay of the builds is similar on the vids, solo performance videos:
quarrel3 + appraiser + falcon3 + bullet click here<<<
quarrel3 + archer2 + falcon3 + mergen here
even a hackapel1 version will be similar here
Quarrel spams auto-attack a lot (z-button), usually high dex builds for faster attacks. If you have lag, your attack will be slower. Some servers get random lag spikes a lot more than others. Go lower dex instead of full dex if you are laggy.
A skill-use version I have seen lately (less affected by lag) is the ranger3 + rogue1 + falcon3 + mergen here, but support is lower without quarrel3. This ranger3-rogue1 version is only strong after rework patch.

2 Likes

@greyhiem do you have any information about rising or popular Pied Piper builds in kTOS? :bowing_man:

@greyhiem thank you so much for you advice :satisfaction: I’ve already saw all the videos
I think I will take quarrel 3 + appraiser + falcon 3 + bullet one, cuz the pistol is cool :prince:
I’ve edit my post so you can see my pings, is that a good ping? Moreover, what’s is better between archer 1 ->qs 3 -> appraiser 1 -> falcon 3 -> bm 1 and archer 2 -> qs3 -> falcon 3 -> bm 1 ?

Archer 2 :
pros :

• swift step + critical
  • kneeling shot (range + crit )

cons

• can’t move while kneeling shot and do other skills

Archer 1 - Appraiser 1 :
pros :

• supportive
  • blindside boost critical rate (even I don’t know what exact number is)
  • devaluation (defense reduction)
  • overestimate (+3 pistol)

cons :

• wasted archer 1

Thank you for your future reply!

edit : I edit it to looks nicer

1 Like

If you go for appraiser, you can also open a shop (if you get the skill for it) to identify randomized gear (free money, kinda), wich is a good thing because BM + Falconer builds are expensive (need to invest in Crossbow AND Pistol).

Overestimate is a nice boost, especially if weapons are above +12 iirc.

Kneeling shot is a bit situational, mostly because without using pavise before you won’t be able to dodge too much. However, if you’re going full DEX (you should anyway with the first build), it’ll provide a huge boost to AA and falcon skills (pheasant and sonic strike) if you get the kneeling shot attributes.

Also, with the first build, you’ll provide less buffs since you won’t have appraiser, but you also won’t have to “spam” buffs all the time.

As for being supportive, appraiser obviously is, mostly because of blindside and overestimate (devaluation in PVP maybe ? I don’t do PVP so idk). But either way you’ll have falconer 3 so you’ll be supportive no matter wich build you choose (everyone loves Aiming, Circling helps a lot especially in challenge mode).

2 Likes

@xDrHellx Thanks for your advice. I think I will take Archer 1 -> Quarrel Shooter 3 -> Appraiser 1 -> Falconer 3 -> Bullet Marker 1. In addition, what stat should I take? full dex or 180 dex rest str? or 1:1 ?

Not really sure, i’d say if your ping is good, go full dex, otherwise str and dex (not sure if 1:1 or something else though).

@xDrHellx Alright. I guess I’ll go to full dex build. Thank you :haha:

1 Like

Can you explain how this “rooting” works?
Thank you ^^

Put pavise below Boss = infinite root.

1 Like

Infinite until it gets “fixed”.