Tree of Savior Forum

[Necromancer] C1 Overview and Feedback

I only farmed dandels with soggoth in the night, worked fine. but yielded really low money ( was doing it for the gem / leafs for my venom recipe at the time ).

Dinah farm really needs necro c2 with skelletons or else bee’s will kill you after a while, and even then you need to resummon the skelletons every hour or so.

So to afk farm with soggoth you need to find a place where monsters don’t hurt you much ( even with red gear ), because your gear will be red fast through all the hits you will be getting. What place i dunno really.

On flesh hoop, yea the damage ticks are really slow. Costs extra corpses and being in range makes it a all around no go for me. I invested 1 point into it, and probably won’t be pushed it further because of it.

@ntn6371

It makes it specially annoying because if you do not have enough corpses the skill still casts and goes on cooldown just with the message not enough resources and does zero damage or doesn’t summon your monster.

I wish there was a mod that places it on the UI. Hope somebody will make one.

@pradigunara

That’s why you got linker, but most of the time link monsters > pull them in > skelletons + soggoth hit and they are dead already. Flesh cannon really feels like a novalty atm for me personally. It’s so overpowered on current link solution.

@suruey90

Atm linker is king, you can use cryomancer to group monsters up and hit with flesh cannon + summons. But your summon dmg drops off massively with links. As suddently all yoru summons only hit individual targets instead aoe wise through links. Also ice tree spreads monsters around it, as flesh cannon has a small aoe, it’s not really that effective to kill stuff with. Also damage doesn’t spread as well as with linker. So in my opinion if you plan to go necro2 and 3 in the future get linker drop cryo.

Just consider it as a meele autoattack boost with AOE then you won’t bother with its ticking speed. I found it useful when I don’t want to use spells but autoattack only.

Also I think flesh hoop is quite useful to gamepad users. Sometimes it’s just hard and annoying to target specific enemies in the crowd.

Flesh Hoop works nicely with joint penalty, its like a mini flesh cannon. But if you have Wiz3, Magic Missiles is better for the link combo.

Its still an okay skill for boss dps, you just have to learn to stick close to the boss while dodging his attacks.

If currently, my build is at pyro2 > link c1 and wanted to try for necro in the build before warlock, would adding rank of pyro or linker be any good?

That reminds me: I noticed a weird bug that turns FC into its version of FH when the corpse parts don’t launch. Is that intentional?

Is a bug that happens sometimes when you get hit while casting FC. It doesn’t do any dmg like FH from what I can tell.

That’s the weird thing: it does; it does the same damage as FC and not FH, just not all the hits. I noticed this when I was grinding the coliflys in Roxona.

Hmm, do you remember how this happens? When you get hit during the FC cast?

I have experienced this one. This is a bug visually. I got this when I was hit while the animation is still ongoing. I believe they called the Flesh Hoop animation then added the additional animation for the FC which got cancelled before it reaches the second step.

Thanks looks like I’ll get Flesh Hoop as a minor DPS increase for boss fights. Magic Missile is currently enough for most mobs due to the bug.

Yes. The Black Collifys in Roxona have a knockback in their attack. It’s often frustrating aoe grinding them with FC so I see this bug often, even with Surespell up. I’ll try to get screenies.

Try to use reflect shield. It might prevent it. Blue Nuos knock back can be prevented by reflect shield.

I thought they fixed that? The RS preventing knockback, I mean.

Not sure about it but reflect shield does prevent stagger and knock back. Knock down is different though.

Thanks for the tip. At this point and later on today, I’m going to be trying to replicate the bug and see if it’s not just a visual thing.

I am pretty damn sure the circling, damaging corpse parts from an incomplete FC cast is not just a bug, but also a sudden convenience.

1 Like

Here it is: Proof that an interrupted FC cast turns it into a stronger Flesh Hoop. It’s a little hectic but that is what happened when a FC doesn’t go through fully. I didn’t record evidence providing details other than the fact that FH uses less particle effects and orbits the character slower.

why is your flesh look like a corpse? mine is purple and white and idkkk

It depends on your corpses you gathered. The corpse potion you use is purple and white.

Ah ok, I normally don’t use FC outside of missions much so I thought the cancelled/interrupted FC was just a visual bug, didn’t know it deals damage too.

I also learned something about the two spells: they’re basically one spell with two different effects.

Note that Flesh Hoop doesn’t give you a buff, and the “bug” that happens when you cast FC with FH still active which results it cancelling. The first half of the FC spell animation brings the FH effect to you before the corpse parts are brought above the character’s head for a barrage of attacks.

Basically, casting FH is a “First Half” FC spell animation that functions differently with different damage values and character animation. As I pointed out, interrupted-by-enemy-attack FC just gives you a stronger FH.