Tree of Savior Forum

My last feedback to the game

but, im trying my best to communicate…

tell me where im wrong…

i see you have good intention making TOS more new-comer-friendly

if thats what mmo in 2016 all about, i just have to accept it…

Oh I’m totally not thinking about the newcomers and their hurdles. I think a chunk of them will quit after finding out they can’t use the market place until 2 weeks after.

I put the TP token compensation behind me. Total mistake on IMC’s behalf and I’m sure folks rage quit because of it.

having to wait days/months to do any competitive dps and not being able to speed up, no matter how much u play, is just wrong and will drive ppl away from the game once some players reach high trasncendence, cus they will dominate world bosses and end game content for months till someone can compete

noted

so what is the acceptable time-length in your opinion, so casual-hardcore/junior-senior players alike can enjoy the game on a fairer footing.

1 Like

Sure it will take a long time to catch up to vets of the game, but i dont see how thats a problem.

I see it like this. People now and after rank 8 will still be trying to get things lile lolopanther. Then when rank 9 comes im sure there will be something better and if a new player joins at that time there is less catching up to do because people are trying to get this new thing and their old thing will be replaced.

As for leveling another assumption ill make is that when the cap is increased, earlier leveling speed will be increased as well.

Yes im making a comparison to wow because i had more experience in that game. When i played it took a very long time to hit 60, but now with a lvl cap of 100, lvl 60 is much quicker and all the items i spent months getting are worthless. new players can now catch up easier.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

the leveling time will always increase, it will not decrease with level cap.
and i’m talking about transcendence, cus its the only thing with a time wall, the rest of the stuff u can farm/grind/buy and don’t NEED to wait days/months

u said u play wow, imagine if the first players could keep upgrading their gear till today. u probably would quit the game when u realize this. thats whats going to happen with TOS

@kinyau87

duno how much time, i don’t really like anything with a time wall, for me they should just trash this transcendence thing and lower monsters hp/dmg/defenses.
but if u really want to know, i think like 2 weeks for each piece of gear is not that bad, maybe 1 month for weapons and 2 weeks for the rest

@GyroZeppeli

work hard is diferent than a time wall thing, its not hard to get transcendence u just need to do it every day for a year. and u will beat any “hard worker” that play A LOT more than u but started months after u

1 Like

It will increase and the higher end levels always takes longer. Look how it is now, the last 50 levels or so take much longer time than the lower levels, but when the cap is increased these levels wont take as long. Levels even lower would take less time. Not saying it will happen instantly. It will be easier to get to where they are then the time it took vets to do.

Its actually the opposite. I spent a massive amount of time to get the best gear in the game. Then a patch comes to increase the cap. All this gear that i spent time on became worthless. New player can now skip this content and go onto the better things. It was fun while it lasted, but some of the changes and the thought of it all made me quit.

This is why in tos and other mmos ive played, idc about getting the best gear. I play to have fun. All this gear will become worthless anyway.

dude, TOS is NOT WOW, transcendence system has no patch that make u trash all ur shards, u will keep getting stronger as u play and new players will never catch up…

the only way they are increasing level speed is by adding quests, its already happening

I know its not. But lets say you get lolopanther and get everything maxed. Youve spent months on this item. The cap is increased and there is a better item. This item is now worthless. New players can get this item the same time as you do and be at the same level.

Thanks for agreeing. Also they could have events with xp bonus. I remember during the last CBT they had xp bonus for the last week. It could happen. We dont know what they will do.

@Lenny

while im against Easy-Mode, but in a alt driven game, i think a daily 2~3hours effort for 1 or 2months to achieve high tier equipment/performance is acceptable.

this way, player will have time to work on more alts and maxing it.

definitely worth the consideration.

but at this point, class balances, stat scaling, and meta-whoring is enough to kill the game already.
people who play only 1character would cry “omg game is dead, no end game content, QQ”

nonetheless,a shorter day-limit/time-wall would benefit game in long run, i think…

thumbs up for the insights

You need to look at everything. We get one big patch a month. Ktos gets weekly significant patches. Isnt it obvious whats going on?

They put what theyre working on in ktos and once a month we get a huge patch to catch up.

I do agree they need more people working on the game though. Experienced ones that know how to code well and take care of the main issues. Ones that can extinguish the anger in the community.

but once u get that new gear and old player would be able to max it with transcendence while a new players would have a weapon 5 times weaker for more than a year…

I agree with you, the shard will make new players hard to catch up and will drove the DPS classes from the new players away if they want to do end game, since we get a power spike in mobs 300+ and sooner, the game would have need a weapon with high transcendence to be able to be compete with end game.

I know we don’t like easy mode for new players because of the game time it took us to reach that, but there are other things that would benefit us from playing longer, like attributes,silvers, multiple alts . The shard system doesn’t encourage new players to reach end game ET, since the party would always prefer a dps that has higher level of transcendence .

1 Like

Let say you spend months for Lolopanther. Other players, who might not have such an organized party as you, don’t have that.

R8 come with Solmiki. that is stronger than Lolopanther. Your Lolopanther looks worthless, but what about those who don’t even have that yet? Will they be able to farm Solmiki without Lolopanther? Will they ever get an organized party for something that is harder than Lolopanther, when they don’t even have an organized party for Lolopanther?

That’s the way the game is heading.

They add a content gate by gradual equipment upgrade (think Marvel grand cross that require a Didel grand cross). Players that start first will always be ahead, no matter what you do. It discourages new players.

this guy gets it o.o
:taco:

@thailehuy
hey, just to let u know, the 315 dungeon gear is way better than lolopanther
so ppl will go for it than go for ET floor 20+ (what i thnk will be quite hard cus u need to finish the 1-20 first and it will take hours to hit 40)

Nope this is unacceptable, we want bug fixes as fast as the Koreans get, not one month later. Things get hotfixed in kTOS all the time and we are left to deal with bugs for weeks. This is one point Excrulon mentioned in his now deleted post.

1 Like

Thank you! /20charsss

2 Likes

Yes but Solmiki will be the new end game set

Difference between stage 6 and stage 10 is less than 2 fold, while the latter takes 3 times longer to reach.