Tree of Savior Forum

My Issues with Wizards

No 5.

Iā€™ve already seen that video. If you read my very first post in this thread I mentioned the Blessing buff. Iā€™ve studied this game including stats allocation, top builds, leveling guides, tips, etc. Just not interested anymore. Some things would need to change.

Try some build from archer tree (eg. ranger3/fletcher3) - I think its one of the easiest (pretty constant) to lvl classes. You dont have problems with hp as you are usually kiting and evading (due to high dex) - and your att and crit rates are pretty sweet - good both early and late game.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I leveled my wiz 2 with lvl 1 lethargy lvl 5 sleep lvl 1 eq and lvl 1 energy bolt O:
and I never really had any qualms about it.

Getting to wiz3 is really fast even on autoattacks and gives you a lot of good skills, but just one realy good dmg skill, magic missile.

I went Wiz2 > Linker > Wiz3 but it got much better at Sorc, almost at C2 so I think it will only get better and this build will end up paying the hardships during early game.

Donā€™t go wizard looking for an easy to play class, it really needs to synergyze well to work out good and only feels OP if the gameplay you desing is OP.

Why Wizard 3 into Sorcerer of all things?

Familiars with quickcast is one of the best wizard skills for PvP.

Wiz 3 works very well with Linker and with Warlock, much more than most people realize if you think about Warlockā€™s scaling. So if you take Wiz3 > Linker you have only 2 class choices until Warlock believing on itā€™s potential, Wiz 3 > Linker have a limited but VERY good skillset, which works well with Sorcerer.

Honestly, I understand itā€™s not a popular build but I really like the way it feels, I have a very useful skill set and only classes that synergyze well and have good scaling.

If it pays off I will most likely record some videos but who knows

I really believe elementalist is a bad class for rank 8+ damage.

oh dear someoneā€™s inconsistent with his statements

What part of that is inconsistent?

Thereā€™s no point in bringing up non-DPS wizards into it, which is what they were trying to do.

Or unless youā€™re trying to quote what I said about Psychokinos which to be honest are both a DPS and CC class. Linkers are Support and donā€™t scale with MATK, although if your class has any strong Single Target skills, it never hurts to throw in LInker, but Linker alone is not required to have Wizard C3.

In any case, if you want to be a DPS Mage, you need Wiz 3, no matter what.

Sorcerer I think is more of a Support class than a DPS, but Necromancer can get some top damage in with Flesh Cannon and Quick Castā€™s Attribute Bonus.

Iā€™m actually really happy with cryo3>pyro1. Freezing enemies on top of the pyros aoeā€™s is pretty solid dps. Iā€™ll eventually have cryo3>pyro2>warlock1.

Iā€™m also happy that damage scaling for spells is low. It really murders the min/max mindset for magic dps (to an extent).

if by murder ā€œmurdersā€ you mean it in the sense that 100% con for a lot of builds is the best, sureā€¦

I think there was a confusion here, so you actually meant DPS Wizard as the red classes? Wiz Pyro Kino Ele Warlock Feather Rune Caster?
Because I took DPS Wizard as it is, not the in-game assignments via color, but as in wizard classes whose skills actually deal damage (yes including sorcs and necros), which only excludes, cryos, linkers, thaums, chronos and alchemists.
Thatā€™s how I accused you of inconsistency because from how I took your ā€œDPS wizardsā€ it included sorcs and necros. After all sorcs and necros are practically dps, itā€™s just that they summon things and deal damage differently which I think is why they were assigned as yellow classes.