Tree of Savior Forum

My experience/issues with ToS/IMC

I started typing this months ago, meaning the game hasn’t progressed an inch since then if I end up posting it.

Here are all my thoughts about this game, even though I feel like we are the ones getting played.

• A quick presentation :

I’m a “new” player, considering I didn’t had the opportunity to play iCBTs, I am here only since april 2016.
Despite the fact that I came late to the party, it doesn’t stop me from seeing the issues with the game, and overall, IMC.

At first, when I started playing, I was absolutely amazed and mesmerized by it. I was so into it, I felt this for the first time while playing a game.
Being so captured by the game itself, I decided to go to the forums and join the community, but I only found various knight classes there.
I thought the “hueknights” were just this kind of players, whining and bragging for nothing, so I said to myself that they should just be ignored, but if I had to come to their point one day, I wouldn’t hesitate to show my discontent.

Here I am now, after months of playing the game (I have 1000 hours so far), I realized that sadly, the hueknights were right, even if some of their ways to show their discontent isn’t always the good ones, I ended up joining them, even though I guess I’m more of a “doomknight”.
My sadness and anger felt toward ToS and IMC keeps increasing every day, the more I play.

[details=My personal experience]As I said in my presentation, at first, this game was absolutely beautiful.
I couldn’t find any flaws, I was even defending it against a criticism I couldn’t understand for now, but oh boy I was wrong…

Every hour in this game dragged me towards the sad truth, and here it is, in my point of view :

• The game has flaws by itself, all games have, but they could be fixed and optimized in 1 patch, and this game would be one of the best out there. What’s the problem? They don’t fix anything.

• They don’t even know their game or how to play it, just look at the last event.

• As you will or already noticed, the game is way more worked on in the early stages/levels of the game, and the further you go, the more repetitive it becomes.

• Absolutely absurd restriction against RMT that doesn’t prevent it at all, ending in a pain in the lower back area, without any reason, for free.

• Drop per kill? Really? Who’s the guy that suggested this in your team? And who’s the fucktard that approved it? These guys deserve to be pushed down a cliff with the eyes banded, but this cliff is 5 cm deep and then opening the plane’s trap and let them fall in the sea as a sacrifice to Cthulhu.

• Various bugs, commanderloadfail, loading screen freezing at 70%, infinite loading screen at 99%, game freezing and crashing because you use 1 specific spell, GETTING KICKED OUT OF QUEUE, and way much more.

• Chat filter in a sexualized game, uh? (Pantyshots, you can’t deny that)

• “Infinite” build possibilities, but 80% of them are irrelevant.

• Ridiculous end game (R8) that isn’t even the true end game.

• GvG abuse for free TP.

• Bots getting authorized depending on TP transaction (Can’t deny it either, just look at schwarznagger’s bot army, he is still doing it and just gets offline when there is a GM. Which isn’t logical since they said themselves that he’s clean.)

• Content brought to us as shiny, sparkly new, but in reality it’s in kTOS since 3 months.

• Content updates every 6 months. Except for most TP shop items.

• Cancerous (hi Atari, I know you love this word) gacha update, as always, koreans acting like koreans with gamble, but guess what? We’re not.
    We have voted, we were over 600 saying no to it, but they still gave it to us.
    It’s a huge thing they didn’t already give us the laeticia cube.

• Costumes going from 49-129 TP to 258, without any reason, without any explanation. Pure IMC.

• Extremely expensive cosmetics.

• Community manager? What’s that? I actually tried to be one, because I have a lot of experience in this, and what was the answer? They sent me their korean website and told me that I have to, more or less, talk to them in korean. What are they expecting, that I learn an entire language just to try to save this sinking game?

• Just who is IMC? When you start ToS, they show themselves as an innovative company, featuring the “dad of Ragnarök online” on every article you can read about them. In reality, they are no one, just a company coming from nowhere that gave us a true RO2.

• If I understand well, IMC considers itself as a 24/7 company right? But they take weekends off, but it’s a 24/7 company, but they take weekends off. But it’s a 24/7 company.

• IMC can ban you if they charge you for a non-asked amount of TP and you try to refund it.

• Communication is close to non-existent.

• We have an active community that keeps giving suggestions despite they all know IMC won’t answer, or they will say something nice like “yes we read the forums”, or long messages like Mr. Kim’s one, just to shut us up.

• A good majority of our staff and GMs we have are resolved to do a good job, but are restrained by IMC.

[details=Here are various issues I had with GMs and support] (edited) I had a problem with a costume, it has been resolved now (16 February 2017), thanks to this thread I think.

I also tried to talk to GM Durian about this past issue, the day the new event came out (Survival Instinct) I saw him online and pretty active, shouting every 1-2 minutes, so I said that it was a chance, because he looked like a cool GM.

I tried whispering to him, but we can’t whisper GMs, how useful. So I proceed shouting, asking him if there was a way to talk to him because I have a problem, he did not answer so I just said to myself he disconnected, 10 minutes later he came back, shouting again, so I said again the same thing, he ignored me. But not only that… After this, one of his friend (I guess) shouted to him, asking him how he was doing, what was new and stuff like this.
… He answered, then started talking casually about life in shouts, he then came to his friend, in Klaipeda town, and proceeded giving to him/her honey dumplings. I managed to “steal” some, just in case a proof is needed.
The concerned persons will probably recognize themselves, if they pass
through.

To end this, there was a period where I played pyromancer, I noticed a huge amount of bugs, so I gave my feedback to the support, they then asked me “video proof”, I took the time to record clear videos about what I can.
It’s now 3 weeks since my ticket is in progress without answer.[/details]

I saw and was in various private servers for different games, and a huge majority of them did a better work than you, heck, I could do a better work than you, yet I’m really bad at coding, that’s the point.
I probably have much more, but there is too much, everything is rushing through my head and I can’t think of all the failures they performed.[/details]

My suggestions
  1. COMMUNICATION. This is a key in game development, even for the smallest answer.

2. Play your games, in only a few months you’ll understand how terribly you treat your game. If you want to do something for players, be a player. Nowadays, you “companies” just see video game as a profit, this is your failure here, you are greedy and you aren’t looking and thinking as gamers, only as CEO and employees.

3. Get a publisher, even Aeria or Gameforge would be great, because they would kick your arse like Nexon does, that’s the difference.

4. Update your game. You could make it great again with only 1 update, remove DPK, review trading and restriction system, balance classes (just adding %damage instead over or with flat damage would change the deal) and here you’ll have a cleaner game, even though there is still work to do, these issue hit people at all level range.

5. Stop being so greedy and treating iTOS like a farm full of cows.
    I can’t tell you that you’re wrong about it, because hell there is a huge amount of cash cows in there, but you also and still have true players. This is again the difference, you aren’t players, so you go for the money over the game itself.

6. Review the attribute and transcendence system, the first one is good, but the prices are just ridiculous, making some classes silver sink, so if you are a new player and got the curse to play a class like bokor, you’ll cry over the amount you’ll have to spend. The other one is way too much overkill, you spend a ridiculous amount of in-game money for ridiculously overpowered bonuses. It’s either you get killed while dealing 1 damage or you can solo everything.

7. Merge the god damn queues… There is nothing to do in this game if not dungeons, and if you do not do them at precise hours, you won’t play this day.

Same as before, I probably have way more than that to tell, but it’ll eventually come back while I think of something else.

It kind of pains me to write all this, and I will surely stop the game in a matter of days, until my token expires.
I was playing with my girlfriend, and she completely stopped playing even though she isn’t aware of all this.
I wanted to give a try to jTOS, but iTOS gave me a bad taste of this game, I don’t know if I’ll come back, I hope so, because I want it to be the game I thought it was in my first hours, the sad thing is that it isn’t even a bad game itself, if it was we would have just let them sink without trying to reason them.

My Steam review was positive, I changed it to match the real game we are playing and we know : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135852007/recommended/372000/

Here’s a graph with my game experience :

At this point, the more I play or hear about this game, the more I hate it and want it to be shut down.

29 Likes

Root of IMC problem is they don’t fix bugs, or when they do they will bring the bugs back after some time. Are you impressed, motivated and connected enough yet?

5 Likes

have to, more or less, talk to them in korean

Applies as [i]ToS CM =requires to know korean language

all my kek

This is coming from a company that has balls to delve into handling international servers, yet I bet their dev team can’t into neither chinese, english nor spanish.

IMC is nowhere near the international standard to handle a game if they themselves even can’t into the three major languages.

7 Likes

i feel u bruh~

huehuehue

atleast the forum is more fun n less buggy than the game

tree of forum is the real end game

7 Likes

First off, not all HUE Knights are serious people who want this game to get in the right path.

Also, HUE Knights once fought to the death (of our patience) trying to achieve the above and where defeated.

In all honesty, I can’t say about the Team in charge of other versions (if they really exist), but the one in charge of ours, are complete amateurs, don’t have organization, and throw in whatever patch is laying in their queue, be it tested or a bad quality patch.

We could even call ourselves (True HUE Knights) mutantes created by those bad patches.

7 Likes

resolved cha ching $$$

1 Like

1 Like
19 Likes

I won’t hide the bright side, GM Grape came to me in game a few minutes after I wrote this thread, saying to me that they actually do read the forums and that he/she is open to any kind of conversation and suggestions.

(I’ll say it’s a girl) She admitted that a few cases are really long to closes, like the schwzarznagger’s one and that she’ll take care of it once she finds the forum post about him, saying also that he is very likely to be banned.

We talked a while about different things, mainly communication and how should they approach the community, and she did change a bit how I see the GMs in this staff, resulting in my post edited from “all GMs are useless” to “almost all GMs are useless”.
I got no problem being proved wrong on that, keep going guys.

9 Likes

"but u wont quit and still gonna pump more monie to em

so its business as usual."

Above is what i want to say, but meh…
a mere gm approaching ingame but if the next few maintenance still randomly imc+ing us

as if mere words from a gm can console us…

hues…

6 Likes

I keep seeing people claim this whole “IMC GM says they read the forums”.

So what i hear is. We chose to neglect, leave exploits/bugs, allow bots more channels. Because they want to.

I do not see how any company who cares can read forum/be given complaints and don’t either, take action or release a post explaining “Oh we’re having difficulty will be sorted soon / It’s actually more of a problem then we thought / etc” Yet are more then happy to say nothing but ensure that cash shop has more costumes to pay for, in another week without fixed bugs or exploit addressing. No business worth respecting should proceed is such a manner. It’s an insult to your player base.

8 Likes

God dam, you should be a campaign manager, you are everywhere in this forums.

i only on General Discussion, sometimes Off Topic section

nah… huelord is much better title

huehuehue

7 Likes

Yes sadly, even if a single GM has good intent, I doubt he will run the game by himself, actually GMs really have a low power level in here compared to some other games.

I agree with it you, so far it happened like what, 3 times?
Nice words given to us, but words do not make a game. Simple words won’t make a change, but seeing a GM coming to me when I thought that they all don’t give a crap, it changes something.
Now let’s see if it stops at simple words or if it is a sign for improvement, starting with the communication.

This GM proved me that there is at list one caring about the game, so for now I’ve gone from 0 trusted GMs to 1, if more of you guys want to bulk up this number, feel free to do so, and act like GMs you are.

7 Likes

Such GMs/staff don’t last long here.

5 Likes

Nowadays GMs/staff are just intern/trainees/janitors here, they only report bugs, copy-paste codes, chat, sip coffee, clean the toilets and almost all of them dont play the game at all

They also dont fix anything, well unlike Aeria games sages which is consist of actual players, they cant fix the game but at least they know what is wrong with the game and making some good progress, except sh*tty CS but IToS is much worse in terms of CS for me.

the game is crashing, commanderfailerrors, vga error — check your connection says the staff — RESOLVED

4 Likes

RIP @Staff_Julie

Good staff are not wanted here or they got better offers from real companies, cause IMC is a laughingstock.

huehuehue

5 Likes

eu ri tanto cara kkk por mais que isto esteja ficando ultrapassado (só alguns se lembram) foi demais

Up 100 times ``````````

2 Likes

iTOS probably won’t last very long. Even the whales are starting to leave. Our biggest whale on Orsha is gone, for now.

1 Like