Tree of Savior Forum

My build doppel is good

@Lenny, probably, but not. I only saw one using and killing someone. Probably the most of them don’t know how to use or have Cleave and HC at max lvl. I hope jackre42 will be an exception.

@danielnito007, against people in general. I believe in you, but it’s a pretty funny or disappointing to see a lot of other flying barbarians around the arena. I also miss my hits, but not so often like that. In the end Cyclone is the key.

I have Corsair in my build. That’s why I don’t miss stun =P

@valkren9, yes, that’s how we can provide some support, but Barbarians for themselves can’t do it (of course they are offensive class).

I agree, the only problem for current scenario is: Archers still do a better job than ours. I really like when we have a Fletcher in our party, because I know, it’ll be fast.

So, @Lostac, no problem, I respect your opinion, choice and pride. Highlanders are red, Barbarians are blue, choose your color, it’ll be good for you.

2 Likes

Dude… its pretty much a fact that a highlander will outdps any barb in a single target in the front even if they DON’T BLEED.

Still don’t get my point? You don’t get barb just for the barb skills.

You get it to stun.

You get it to improve your damage on other circles, that includes doppel.

Warcry on the new doppel skills will be really good, jesus christ

also you probably haven’t tried the new pouncing. Long cooldown, but the whole duration can rival a whole HL rotation.

The stun doesn’t works against bosses =/. It’s so personal. I prefer bleeding against common mobs, you stun…

Yes, your answer it’s mine about HL! Skull Swing is our secret weapon, Warcry is yours.

Come on, I really don’t care who is the less useless Sword. Just think about, HL C3 is also cool.

That wasn’t really my argument, people just don’t understand why you take barb.

Sigh, people.

Why we need to understand? Are you happy with your choice? Feeling strong? That’s matter!

If that’s the case, why do people say

get what I’m trying to say now?

yep i still don’t get it.
Doppel skills have a high cd, barb skills too, highlanders don’t.
highlander skills hit like a truck even with c3 out, that’s why every Kr doppel pick at least Highlander 2 and most of them are Highlander3, and no… pouncing don’t rival a highlander 3 rotation… maybe a crosscut+skylinear wich is a 15 sec rotation(each hit of my skylinears deals crit for 14k on bleeding targets… each hit… that’s 28k on a single skill with the new vertical slash hitting for 30k without attributes i don’t see any barbarian touching what a highlander can bring to the table with a doppel wich is more dmg

He isn’t me at all =P. I’ll play now, have a good talking, gentlemen.

that’s basically one hit of my pouncing that does 25± hits.

Vertical slash x2 - 25 seconds
Cartar Stroke x2 - 21 seconds
Crown - 30 Seconds
Moulinet - 35 Seconds
Cross Cut x2 - 28 Seconds
Skyliner x3 - 15 Seconds.
Skull Swing - 40 Seconds

Helm Chopper -
Cleave x3 - 16 Seconds
Helm Chopper x2 - 20 Seconds
Seism x2 - 18 Seconds
Pouncing - 81 Seconds
Warcry - 50 sec cd, 40 sec duration, can be less if turned attributes off
Frenzy - very usable when rotation is on cooldown, very good with DOV attack speed

I think you don’t even play barb to not know how much pouncing does :))

Later on, you probably won’t use Moulinet and skyliner.

But you will still use Warcry. Frenzy maybe not later on.

Edit: Warcry actually got a ninja buff or somewhere I didn’t read in patch notes, warcry attributes DO NOT increase warcry cooldown anymore, so warcry only has 10 second DOWNTIME.

Can confirm this. I don’t know if its error on their part but fck them. I’ll enjoy that low downtime as much as I can. Hoping it’s perma :grin:

Pouncing is a beast. That’s all I can say.

Pouncing is really good and warcry buff too. But in the end, highlander will be better.

Theres nothing to discuss here, u can’t rely on low rank dmg skills, u just can’t. Right now u use Pouncing, but once we have rank 8, 9, 10 ur rotation will be full of skills and u won’t have 10 secs to use Poucing (but will be useful for pvp i guess)
While highlander skills will still be useful, cross guard, crown and skull swing mostly, vertical slash (for world bosses) and catar too (knock back).

What happen if u find a boss with high physical defense or high magic dmg? if u are highlander u negate the dmg and defense, and skull swing bonus will apply to EVERY HIT in those 30 seconds, no matter the skill u use (and help ur party too, combo with dragoon serpentine too)

U can’t ignore skul swing and crown. max level cross guard also guarantee u will block any physical dmg if u time it right.

As a doppel, physical class, multihit based. Reducing enemy defense to 0 is VERY efective (cus ur skills hit 10+ times, so skull swing apply 10+ times)
Guarantee u can deal with any enemy no matter defense and make u really helpful in any party (with crown and cross guard)

You have forgotten something again I’ve said this before…

Barb has access to those in lower levels.
Crown - does the same, lower uptime
Cross Guard - doesn’t matter, high str+level scaling

Defense decrease also doesn’t matter in WB, you let others do it. Only real time benefit of it is in private dungeons like saalus or party runs.

You will never have warcry as highlander, since you discussed about cartar knockback, I’ll take my seism stun. Cartar is mainly used for strike damage, not knockback, it’s just an extra when you need it. Seism is a large aoe stun and good to use before your cyclone combo since mobs are positioned well compared to knocking them.

I probably shouldn’t say this, but HL>Barb 3 also has knockback on cartar lol

Unless we get some good low cd skills in rank 9 and 10, I don’t think either highlander or barb will have much trouble using their skills or at least some of them (time wise).

when we have 4k dmg swords ur warcry will not be that good (and it does NOT go up with DOV too), u need a lot of monsters to use it anyway. And if u think max cross guard = lvl 5 cross guard or max crown = lvl 5 crown thats ur problem lool.
catar is good, but later levels the dmg will not be enough, so ppl will use it with knock back atribute to deal more dmg and some CC (but that only need lvl 3 so ppl will have it anyway)

And duude full physical dmg parties (draggon, fencer, doppel, murmilo, inquisitor) will probably be best boss killers. Skull swing + serpentine + inquisitor wheel.

its like the ppl saying dragoon is the best boss killer. wait till doppel start using transcended swords with their multihit skills…

Its always the same story, in the long run highlander will beat barbs, its the same discussion since beta…

i alredy played high>barb3>doppel, and now i’m leveling high3>barb1>doppel…

i know barbs pretty well and i do have one and is one of the reason that i don’t like them for a doppel base build, (2 highlanders and 1 barb). poucing do ok dmg but i would rather prefer spam highlander skills cause they do lot more dmg, seims after 200 is a joke dmg skill only used for the stun. as you stated crossguard and crown are universal and the same can be said about cleave… honestly i don’t care if i “help” my enemies using certain skills cause i’m striving to be number 1 in a dps race, each debuff will increase my dmg
and you forgot to note that frenzy is plain bad, warcry is decent with the new buff, but still highlander3barb1doppel2 will outdmg a high1barb3doppel2.
PD: usually crossguard+skul swing make our guild fletcher get a cube.

1 Like

I didn’t, I’ve accepted that crown is good, skull swing is good, but they are debuffs that are placed, not improving on yourself, which basically means that for WB, you can let others do it while you just keep attacking, it’s pretty simple.

Remember warcry got better scaling now in ktos, so in the end you’ll still use it.

And yes, cross guard lv5 is enough to me, crown isn’t, but it does the job for the duration.

Also my point in Skull Swing is there, you don’t even need to use it, you let others do.

And i think this is where the topic matters, you guys are on HL bias, I’m on Barb. Look at the topic too, he wants barb, you went in and say warcry is sht. that’s where the argument started.

k dude ppl can use it in world bosses, or they can’t if theres no one there with that skill. if u have it u don’t need other ppl
also, world bosses are not the only thing u can do in this game LOOOL
theres A LOT of boss sht with R8 release, even dungeons that are almost only boss fights…
And if u will wait for another played to help u with any high def enemy u find, good luck

That’s why I finished the topic with letting people do what they want, you know. This discussion continued when someone actually revived comparing HL and Barb dps as a class.

See? You also ignored what I said where Skull Swing actually shines on places that aren’t on WB. I’ve already pointed that out and accepted it.

WB farming is what I mostly do because it generates a lot of money.

but this discussion is pointless anyway lol
ppl say the same thing since beta, lets just play and have fun and stop talking about highlander x barbarian

lets all have some tacos :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco: :taco: