Tree of Savior Forum

My build doppel is good

cool didnt know it scales now =)

yes and my picture isn’t even the new warcry, this is the current warcry and it’s already VERY GOOD

now barb is more viable =) but duno… i still prefer highlander o.O xD
skull swing, high level crown, cross guard, catar stroke and now vertical slash
as they release more ranks i see highlander scaling a lot better. in the end these skills will be all we will use from highlander

even skyliner i think will not be used later on

Yes to each on his own preference.

Why do I prefer barb over HL?

Barbs provides you on demand stuns, HL can never do that.
You only have wagon wheel which sucks because you move monsters with it.

Stuns are inexpensable and HL can’t provide what barb can in terms of that.

Cross Guard, HL1 is enough with decent STR. I have HL1>Barb3 high str doppel too aside from this one in my picture, level 5 cross guard+high str is enough because it mostly scales with levels

Yes I play mostly solo when grinding, screw partying you cant alt tab and do your thing anytime you want to

well u have helm chopper and bash and wagon as highlander3>barb u only lack seism for AoE stun, but u get skull swing, vertical slash, high level crown and cross guard. with max cross guard u can have the same block as a peltast tank, or even more. with monsters hiting for thousands of dmg later on block will be useful

but dude, skill points will just fit. wagon 1, catar 3, crosguard/crown 15, croscut 1, skull swing/ vertical slash 5. and 650 more block is a lot xD this will garantee u to block everything

but in the end both will work xD i think barb is better if u want to be able to do some pvp (cus pouncing) and highlander is better if u want to go full pve (i only consider pvp with cleric / wizz / catalancer / and some archer builds)

difference between level 5 cross guard and level 15 isn’t too much, maybe 500+ difference, which is OK if you took 15/15 cross guard, but that means you will take some points away from other skills.

14/15 crown and 15/15 cross guard already eats 29 points

Like I said, barb and highlanders are good, but it just depends on your playstyle and what you do. I hate HL3 for very specific reasons, I have one and I stopped playing it.

also you are forgetting pouncing, it has long crap cd but can crit for 10k-15k PER HIT right now if you do it right, this is without DOV yet[quote=“Lenny, post:27, topic:322320”]
but dude, skill points will just fit. wagon 1, catar 3, crosguard/crown 15, croscut 1, skull swing/ vertical slash 5. and 650 more block is a lot xD this will garantee u to block everything
[/quote]

see how you took skyliner away? it’s stil good even with 15 sec cd, enough to do 15k crits with cleave per hit+bleed, you can also switch to shark cutter if you need other bleeding sources btw

u can get 1 skyliner, but in the end u wont use it cus u will have rank 8-9-10 skills for dmg. so u have to get good buff/debuff from lower levels.

Yes, this is why I said both are good.

HL1>barb3

• 4 stuns, warcry, pouncing, cross guard Lv5, Crown lv5, wagon 1, cleave
    HL3>barb1
  • 2 stuns, cleave, crown 14/15, cross guard 15, skull swing, vertical slash

I still like warcry over skull swing, it lasts long for yourself and is useful for many waves on grinding, where as with skull swing you only use with 1 wave and wait for the cd to use it again.

Skull swing shines on bosses, but at the same time you also boost your competitor’s damage because you debuff boss with it.

1 Like

u will buff ur party overal dmg, this with dragoon 100% damage buff can be really good for boss kiling. u can even make a full physical dmg party

no not that, look carefully

WHAT IF that dragoon is not in your party? you just helped him even more. (talking about WB)

You might even lose your cube because of it, it’s happening right now, we told our HL to not use skull swing because we have our ele doing DPS on dullahan, and other parties have fletchers.

This is like thaumas benefiting from other people’s skills using reversi

thats why i said full physical dmg party, same with dragon debuff, it helps everybody. thats why if u want to hunt worldbosses u will need a party with dragoon/doppel/fencer/inquisitor/fletcher or SR

inquisitor is the same, his wheel spread all dmg, so swordsman skills do even more dmg if they use around the wheel

once R8 hit elememe will not have the best dmg anymore

Yeah, that’s why I gave you a “what if” because this is a big problem right now, you need to know when to throw your skills right

and ele is just a sample of what is happening now, what will happen later is you using skull swing and fencers from other parties don’t need to spam coquille every few seconds and just dps away, this increases their output.

Doppel meta changed. We gotta max Zwerchhau and Sturtzhau. Redel at 6 with Zucken for the attributes and then reset skills again, to get DoV at 15.

i dont think we need to max Zwerchhau and Sturtzhau

especially its fake multihit for now

need to wait for the proper multiply of both skill first

but for me max cyclone and DOV seem more interesting

@Lostac You’r right about Skull Swing boosting WB competitor’s damage (even I taking 1st place sometimes =P), but don’t forget about another scenario: PvP.

I’m not the best there, but I have almost 100 W and always take a look to my rivals to confirm: I never defeated by Barbarian skills and the strongest Swords who I faced were Doppels w/ HL C3 and Dragoons.
I only have little problems against stun when they have Restrain. Seism is so difficult to hit due to long animation. Always see “flying” Barbarians.

I see Cross Cut bleeding shines more there, because of our Swordsman difficulties to apporach.

About PvE: me and some friends doesn’t like when we have a Barb C3 in our party, because it’s true, they can deal a lot of damage, buff themselves, but how about us? How can they help us? It’s a lot of fun for those who play with them, but not for “us”.
At least Highlander provides 3 debuffs including Crown which reduces enemy’s INT and SPR to 1.

These 3 debuffs + Zornhau (Doppel C2) and Vertical Slash allow me to deal a single damage of 20K~31K. I’m satisfied with it and I know that soon @Lenny will also be with his HL.

And I know, you’r not against Highlander or our choices. Just clarifying why (at least) I followed this way. I don’t hate Barbs at all XD

@jackre42, I suggest you this build:

You can remove Poucing and put these 5 points in War Cry or Frenzy.

Pouncing is a lot better now (buffed), its probably the best barbarian skill and work great in TBL too

Against people in general or swordies only? I have an easy time stunning people with Seism + Vubbe Gauntlets and 1h sword (Cata blade). I believe Nulis would make it a lot easier to land. But I lack real damage since I spent no siver on attributes and I’m rank 6 (210) and I won’t level my Barbsair no more. I believe Seism + Cleave + Cyclone (with Restrain) should deal a huge amount of damage (for current swordies standard).

How do you feel PvPing without Restrain? I can’t get restrain + seism without loosing manual block (pelt or high) and that helps me a lot against archers, swordies and monks. I can get restrain and high2 but then I loose Seism which I find great because I almost always have either Seism or Iron Hook up all the time. All in all, it seems one gets his stuns from Restrain or Seism but I want both :stuck_out_tongue:

Find a linker 2 or a templar 2 when rank 8 is here, I suppose? I don’t know if it’d work but I’m imagining a support like swordsman going peltesta (or swordsman 2)>barb3>corsair>templar2. Wouldn’t work if share buffs only shares the activation of buffs though.

Actually happened to me about a month ago. :grin:

Apparently that’s the point of being /DPS/ you strengthen yourself, not others.

You let others do their job, you do yours.

This is why barbs are very strong specially with daino.

also sorry if it’s regarding swordsman i don’t really care about pvp, actually I don’t care about pvp in this game at all, If I want PVP I’ll just play dota, that’s a real pvp, not this crap lol

there’s better builds for support swordsman IMO, like HL3>hop2>dragoon if you’ve tried it yet, it’s a very strong boss killer as well

but of course I don’t really care about people picking HL>Doppel, that’s what they want, that’s what they get