Tree of Savior Forum

Musketeer build - no sapp/wugu

Hello there guys =)
I’m inactive since… a long time ago. I’m building a Musketeer, however and I’d like some tips heh :slight_smile:

1 . The stats had a rework. Should I keep doing full dex or it has changed? I’ve read in a few places that 150 DEX - 50 CON - X STR was the right path.

2 . I don’t like neither Sapper or Wugushi. I’m fully awake of my lack of AoE skills if I do that, but they don’t fit my playstyle at all.
My build would be right now:
• Archer c2 - Ranger c1 - Scout c1 - Rogue c2 - Musketeer c2
Where I can change Rogue c2 to Falconeer c1 if I need AoE. I wouldn’t like to give up on Rogue c2, but I have a open mind there.

is this build ok? Can you guys help me out there? I’m kinda lost right now hahah :slight_smile:

thanks for any help

Just a quote from a guide I wrote.

1. Unless you are really well geared, I feel that you should not invest in too much dex. Critical attack is nice, but attack speed itself isn’t really necessary for Musketeers. You also do not need CON at all as an archer because normal archer HP growth is sufficient for basic pve content.

2. It’s fine to have your own likes or dislikes. Just stating my input. Build is fine but a build like that seem to focus on pvp. Besides, cloaking is getting a nerf in the near future such that the cooldown only starts when exiting from cloaking. Do you really want to go deeper into rogue circle2 for extra sneak hit duration? Backstab is not going to be used that often as you can’t use it with a musket (means more auto swapping).

In conclusion, if I were to make a musket build like yours, It’ll probably be a2>ranger1> scout1> rogue1 > falc1> musk2

1- 150 dex is fine for builds that have a lot of skills that increase speed with the stat. Outside of that you will want full STR.

2- People use Sapper or Wugushi because the skills don’t have the weapon restriction, but if you don’t mind swaping weapons then your build is fine, but you will need a good Musket, crossbow and knife. If you want to keep only one weapon maybe Archer 2 - Quarrel Shooter 3 - Falconer - Musketeer 2 could work for you.

Try the skillplanner https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner

Main Server muskets are able to use Archer Oblique shot with a rifle. Rifle weapon type damage is highest on archer, try to prevent weapon-switch.

Hunter pet AI bad, bad vs non-flying bosses.
QS3 attack speed build with high dex & kneeling shot. A2 QS3 Falc1 or A3 QS3.

Bossing build, you must stay behind bosses to keep Sneak Hit viable.

isn’t a QS3 a farm build? Too bad the only musketeer videos I can find are either QS3 or Sapper related, tho.

QS3 attack speed build bossing isn’t recommended when your ping is bad. During 5+ player bossing skill effects will affect your attack speed.

Have some old vids of QS3 musket
Old test server vid vs mob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyVE_IWq-g
Crystal mine mission (skill use): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFoIttkIfI
Auto attack use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6CPIotviY

I’ve a 10~25ms ping, it should be fine if I take QS3.
But QS3 builds don’t falloff hard at lategame? Relying on Autoattack doesn’t seem a good idea, but it does look nifty tho.

Qs3 running shot+blessing+sacrament+manahas/cafrisun set is very good even late game. Fills musketeer rotation nicely, while the heavy hitting skills are on cd. Mind you, blessing ends quite fast due to the insane atk speed and cafrisun set has paper thin def.
Running shot with a rifle is definetly nifty, tho.

Cheers

if going QS3 with musket then probably best to do scout1 at your r6. you can place pavise shields down while cloaking to get stuff attacking those - then uncloak and take them out 1 by 1. as you’ll have bugger-all AOE skills as QS>musket, it should help soloing content like 330 hunting grounds etc. also cloak + headshot/snipe is great in pvp.

Actually with new UI auto swap weapon does not has any delay at all if you use similar type weapon

for musketeer 1st set is musket 2nd is should be bow.

anyone here can try it after server goes up it is very smooth but damage wise it is not efficient.

If you don’t want Sapper and your class benefits from QS3 I recommend it as a base. The two ranks of Rogue are ranks where other options are kinda ‘okay’ but not amazing, but Rogue if you can maneuver to stay behind will give you insane crit and if you can get used to it, is absolutely ridiculous. Probably the only way you’re going to hit 100% crit chance for all skills/attacks.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3133399gg

You can change that second rank of rogue into Archer2 as the Crit Rate from Swift Step will be about 10%~ as well, but possibly more. Lach and Evasion are actually nice though!

In the end the easiest way is to just deconstruct the character to see what synergies there are available to you.

R1 - Archer
R2-R6 - Free
R7-8 - Musketeer

This is your core that you can’t change.
Ranger1-3 - Steady Aim, some skills you’ll rarely use.
QS3 - Caltrops, Running Shot
Archer 2-3 - Swift Step critical rate bonus, some skills you’ll rarely use.

Rank3:

• Hunter is an automatic no,
  • Sapper you said no so you’ll need to fill R3 with R1-2 choices

Rank4:

• Wugu you said no
  • Scout is okay but I wouldn’t take it if I had other options, getting a 3 rank here is more powerful since R3 is dead to you as well, so Ranger3, QS3 or Archer3+Ranger1

Rank5:

• Appraiser is a no because you’re not really getting strong benefits from it and with so many free ranks you are going to want to fill these with some sort of Circle 3 of a class if possilbe
  • Rogue best choice, you’ll get crit you’re mobile enough to use it
  • Fletcher is 3 or bust and you can’t 3

Rank6:

• SR is 3 or nothing
  • Falconer is a good choice but up to you if it’s worth it over Rogue2, but this leads to my second idea for you:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#313339egg
This build lets you gain the benefits of Fal1 (-5 ADR) and still maintain healthy benefits from Rogue (+40% critical chance), while also gaining the [Running Shot] inbetween your attacks which also benefits you as damage while requisitioning for [Sneak Hit].

In the end this is probably the build I would recommend the most but if you absolutely don’t want to get behind people replace Rogue1 with Archer2 for some more crit rate that isn’t conditional.

Quite the opposite, if you are building attack speed well with lots of DEX (I suggest going full dex in these cases or very high dex) the damage not only won’t fall off it will just keep getting better. However, if almost none of your skills scale with attack speed, don’t bother and just go 200~ DEX.

Fore xample here: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#313339egg.45.2f31415a75.15213445.35
Only skills that benefit from attack speed are: Butt Stroke, Bayonet Thrust, Running Shot, Oblique Shot

This is probably enough to just go full DEX, people highly overestimate how much you gain from STR, it’s not much and the amount of STR you need to never miss is pitiful, you can get it from accessories or cards. Once your gear is even half decent as long as 1-2 skills in your main rotation are attack speed DEX beats STR, if you’re using Running Shot it’s no contest.

I don’t really play musketeers but have worked out a lot of archer builds, if you’ve got questions I can try to answer them, I’ve also played around a lot with dex v str after the combat changes (Very recently), DEX takes a lot to make it work but when it all falls in place it’s beautiful, I’d suggest making a DEX build after a bit of funding though, like in most games.

Busy week, thanks for all the help!

I leveled a QS3 up to 108 with GrandCross +11 in hands, but I did find the gameplay very… boring. I don’t know why is that. I was HK’ing everything, tho.

Then I leveled the former build, A2 - R1 but nah.

My entire life I’ve been playing as an Archer, but I don’t think ToS has made a fun one. Thanks for the input, I’m leaving the archer tree for another time, but I’ve saved the post if I need further help =)

<3

Understandable, QS3 really only gets fun when you stack a lot of levels on Running Shot for high uptime, but most archer classes feel like they don’t get good/fun until around R6+, then again leveling is so quick you can zoom up to R5-6 in a day anyway, easily without events.

Hi, I’m quite new to archer class and am interested in musketeer. I was wondering if I can go a2>q3>sr1>musket2.

That 1 rank in SR is just so I can use running shot with musket while mounted. Is this viable?

How would you level that quickly? I may try

I’ve seen some funbuilds where they use that build, in terms of being viable however SR doesnt really do much. Then again, i picked scout for the stealth utility, so maybe its not really that impactful.

Not sure what kind of content you would use this for though.

I was interested in a mobile AA spam musketeer. Ive seen prepatch videos of this build and it looks fun.

So i was wondering if it is viable right now as i think musket skills cannot be used while mounted. Hence mounted auto attack with running shot while skills are on cooldown.

• Nevellet Quarry 1F (Pawnd in the top part of map) (Can stay til 80~)
  • Constructor’s Chapel (Can stay til 110~) Do the event on this map, otherwise it’s crap, after doing both events there’s a little gap in time between being able to go again.
  • Missions from 100->110 if Chapel didn’t bring you there
  • Demon Prison District 2 (Can stay til 180+ or switch up or 170DG at this point to reach next map)
  • Igti Coast (Can start at 195, can end at 260~)

Don’t do 50/80 dungeon but feel free to stop to do the later dungeons if you want. If you don’t have much. That’s pretty much all there isto it, you can try Grynas Hills after Igti but I haven’t personally tried it so I won’t add it there.