Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo build help

Hi guys i know this is a common murmilo build but can u guys help me out on the skills lvls i dont know if im doing it right way, can u guys take a look:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaacc.354555.17263f46617585.3a4a7a896591.11213a427a8591
i put guardian lvl 6 cuse of the new passive that will decreased the damage taken.

I have exactly your build in my murmillo and this is what I would recommend for you:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaacc.354555.1f3f44617585.3f7e8a6591.114a7a8495

However do note Reitiari C1 is better than Murmi C2 as it is right now.

Reasoning behind skills:

• Umbo Blow deals 2x damage to mobs staggered by a block (when they attack you and you block, they get a 3 second debuff called “stagger”). This, and the fact Rim Blow always knocks backs enemy really far away, makes Umbo Blow a much better choice.

• I’m not sure about the new guardian attribute you’re talking about. If it needs Guardian lv 6 as you say, then you can take off some points from Umbo Blow.

• Umbo Blow lv 15 tends to be stronger than shooting star since it’s damage attribute is so much cheaper to max out.

• Shield Push sucks, don’t bother with it.

• Targe Smash and Shield Bash need to be maxed. Targe Smash because it has okay-ish AoE and deals +100% dmg to burning/freezing enemies (a lot of extra dmg). Shield Push because it casts so fast and deals considerably high damage.

• Frenzied Slash really sucks, its just a “cool” skill to use.

• Evade Thrust isn’t so good in your build because you don’t have +Pierce dmg debuff (spear lunge, reitiari’s net). Also I’d like to mention Headbutt deals considerably more damage than Scutum Hit. It doesn’t say it in the skill, but Headbutt gets +100% dmg if you’re wearing Cassis Crista and another +100% dmg if target is stunned. Scutum Hit, on the other hand, doesn’t get any hidden dmg multipliers, so it’s damage is kind of lackluster (though not so bad since it has 3 overheats).

• You really want to max out Sprint. If Murmillo C2 is good for anything, that’s Sprint.

1 Like

why you didn’t spend a point on slithering? I find it very useful when farming magic mobs (aggro the room, use slithering so you don’t get damaged, run to a wall, turn around and smash them)

i think u need only 1 point on it or even no points , is kind useless, the new guardian passive is too op

i was asking a korean dude that i saw doing Velcoffe raid, but i dont think his build is the best. can u guys check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrv0eN3220&feature=youtu.be

i also wanna know how about the stats? 50 con and full STR?

I use this Build https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaaci.2555.3f4e65758591.213f718a516595.1121334575.152545

But its more tank/Support then DD for the upcoming raid.

He has every damage attribute lvl 100 (except the rank 8 skills), even for Montano which is a skill he doesn’t even have…

I’m not nearly as rich as he is, but from my own experience, Rim Blow and Shield Push are awful skills and not worth investing a single point into. You can think of increasing Rim Blow if you have shinobi in your build, but even then, it’s still a terrible skill choice imo.

I’ve already given up on comparing my own characters with korean players. They are all super ultra geared to the point every skill they have already hits damage cap or close to.

I rarely ever use it, murmillos are tanky enough to not need it given you have decent gears. You can take a point from shield shoving and put in slithering, though, since shield shoving is quite bad itself as well.

If it were a buff or something you could activate while doing other stuff, it would be worth it.

It’s kinda like the choice between Bash lv 5 or Concentration lv 5 in that build. neither will make a real difference.

1 Like

yeah i saw it, so im trying to chance the build a little bit,
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaacc.354555.1d3f46617585.3f7a8a516591.1121324a7a8591

i was tesing that knockback on the rim blow kind kill the skill

Peltasta Guardian change:
Physical & Magical defence increase +100% at all skill levels.
Duration changed to 17 + [Skill Level] × 3
Cooldown: 50s
Note: duration of Guardian 11/15 is equal to cooldown.
Note2: guardian was changed to no longer get shared through Linker’s Spiritual Chain.

Attribute to increase evasion by 50 per attribute level, up to 3 levels. (not a new attribute)

New attribute for pelt2 + guardian level 6: reduce damage received by 20% .

New attribute for pelt3 + guardian level 11: additional +100% defence increase.

High Guard: no longer has penalty for critical rate and penalty for attack.

New attribute for pelt3 + guardian level 11: additional +100% defence increase.

Test result

The attribute is added to the skill, to become a +200% def increase.

2400 physical x 3 --> 7200 physical def.
1950 magical x 3 --> 5850 magicald ef.

Now the question is, do we even need that much def for the current state of ToS? With the right armor and buffs we should be hitting 30,000 pdef/mdef in the next patch.

1 Like

May i ask about the increasing Def, it’s going to add into skill’s dmg (30%) or not ?

to velcoffer yes will going to need it
https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaacc.354555.17213f4b617585.3f417c8a516591.1121324a7a8591

i changed the build i think it can still damage, but compared to others classes, since that after the rework the guardian and high guard dont decrease u damage, u guys think that we can still deal damage like the other classe?
i saw this video of a korean doing 1th place on dps as a Murmillo

The attributes of this guy is also insane. Look at the the comments, or his channel. He shared his build

Still pretty dope techniques to lure, keep monsters and to play with murmillo. Wanna be like him :3

he can be alot more tanky if he gets at least guardian lvl 6

Pelt 3 additional 100% is removed.

What about Matador in C9 ? Both class attributes looks good for raise damage as tank.

Matador is not worth it, unfortunately. The class is very lackluster due to having only one decent damage skill (Paena) which is even more effective if you don’t use a shield.

Murmillo can deal a lot of damage given he has a good weapon / shield. It’s easier to deal high damage with a doppel 3, for example, but that doesn’t mean a well invested murmillo can’t still be dope.

i want to try one of these:

pel2 rod3 shinobi murm1 reti1
pel2 rod3 shinobi murm1 nak

as opposed to pel3 rod3 shinobi murm1. am i going to miss pel3? all i’m concerned with is party play. i play with an ele + archer every day.

Is going Hop3 worth it in a Murmi1 Reti1 build (WB/vel build)? Cassis only benefits 1 skill in Hop3 compared to Rod3. But, Finestra is still a strong buff.

• Pel3 Rod3 Murmi1 Reti1
    -Multiple Cassis skills.
    -Strike debuff.
    -More strike attack (%shield def->phys atk).

• Pel3 Hop3 Murmi1 Reti1
    -Finestra buff (+aar +crit chance).
    -Stabbing.
    -Pierce Debuff.

A bit of concern about the lack of skills in Hop3 (down time during bossing). Stabbing, Synchro x2 and Spear Lunge x2 compared to Targe Smash x3 , Shield Shoving x2, Shield Bash x2, Shooting Star x2 and High Kick.

Any one with similar specs care to share their experience? :blush:

I’m personally not a big fan of Nak Muay since his skills have quite weak factors compared to Pelta/Rodel skills with Cassis attribute. The big upside to Nak Muay is having low cooldowns which allow you to always deal a bit of damage even when your strongest skills are on cd. This is rarely the case with Pelta/Rodel/Murmi builds, since these classes have a lot of skills with medium to low cooldowns already.

I would trade the second build for Pelta3, especially with the upcoming buff to Guardian, which will make Pelta skill points even more valuable. Pelta 3 also gives butterfly which is now copy-able by Clones.

The first build is a good option because Reiti 1 is a very solid class by itself. Taking that build will allow you to use 1h spears, which will increase your overall damage, and give you a very strong damage skill (Trident Finisher) coupled with mob-grouping ability (Pull Rete). Between that or Pelta3, I would say Pelta3 is slightly better against bosses due to Umbro Thrust removing (i think around 25%) physical defense and Butterfly copyable by clones. But Reiti 1 surely wins when it comes to killing groups of mobs due to Pull Rete being so good at grouping stuff. Both are very solid options imo.

In terms of raw DPS, Pel3 Rod3 evens out with Pel3 Hop3. Stabbing + Synchro Thrust deals enough damage to make up for all Rodelero skills you get (Shield Shoving is terrible, seriously). High Quick evens out with Spear Lunge, since Spear Lunge will give you bonus damage for Trident Finisher and Evade Thrust. And even if you feel Hop3 has less damage because he has fewer skills, let’s remember he gets +20% damage against all medium targets from C3 attribute.

Gearing up Hop3 and Rodel3 is quite different, however. The extra block Finestra gives you allows you to sacrifice some +block gears in exchange for +STR/+Phys atk/crit. This is not the case for Rodeleros, which desperately need +block gears (and even base CON stat) to be able to reach ~800 block.

Rodeleros do have an advantage, however, which is the fact they keep their Evasion. You can get gears with both +block and +evasion, use Guardian’s attribute, and buy some Forecast scrolls to give you more evasion. In the end, you should be reaching about 400~600 evasion without any DEX. That may sound awesome to have on top of your 800 block, but let’s remember evasion scaling is much worse than block and your Cassis Crista takes off 100 of your evasion against melee attacks (hidden effect). In the end, you can be reaching 30~40% evasion on top of your 90% block chance (which is still quite helpful).

So in the end, it all comes down to how you gear up your Hop3 or Rodel3 builds. If you want to be hard to kill, Hop3 might deal more damage because getting ~800 block with it will be much easier meaning you sacrifice your +STR gears less. If you want to be extra hard to kill against physical attacks, Rodel3 might be a better option because you can also increase your evasion. If you don’t care about block at all, well… you shouldn’t be playing a Murmillo in first place, just make a Doppel 3.

And of course, if you intend to be a Hoplite without Finestra, it’s not worth being a Hoplite at all, since you won’t have anywhere else to ditch those skill points into.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation. :heart:

The plan was to main tank Velcoffer with either of these builds. Its a coin flip between the two,
seems like both builds will do well at their job. Just a matter of gearing/preference.

Back to weighing the two… :sad: