Tree of Savior Forum

Months of Early Access is absolutely ridiculous

nice, if i want pay 20$ i must play 2 months later :scream:
and when i join, my friends from headstart(50$) leave game =(
Nice , GGWP

The duration for early access is questionable. Bots will always be there either they like it or not since it will still end up being free-to-play after.
Even other MMO’s have had early access for founder’s (ie. Blade and Soul NA/EU) but not for months.

3 Months is practically a good way to kill off the hype from people waiting for OBT from the announcement long ago.
50$ is a sound price but for what it brings to the table isn’t worth it.

3 Likes

agreed

i dont want to play in an underpopulated setting either and it feels like P2W because of the ridiculous 1- 3 month head start.

i feel burned out just by reading
i bet they are targeting the mindless whales with this scheme.

3 Likes

Agree. If I wanted to pay full price for an unfinished game I’d be playing street fighter v right now.

2 Likes

Agreed. 3 months is the time I expected the game to be officially released to everyone. They probably took that date and put a price on the Open Beta in an attempt to make money, but wanted to make sure people bought it.

It would be best if they just changed this to a closed beta but gave out the contents in open beta too.

I understand that they want some profit and giving early access to players in exchange for cash is not so bad but 3 months ? 50$ to people that want to play in March 22nd ? Seriously ? Here is what i think would be ideal.
1 - Just 1 month early access.
2 - Price $19,99 ~ $29,99.
Some people here in the forums (myself included) have been waiting for the OBT since CBT2 visiting the forums/subreddit/facebook pages every f*cking day to see if there’s any news about the release and now you come with that. How many people do you think that are willing to pay 50$ to play the OBT of a game that everyone knows that is full of bugs and totally unbalanced ?

2 Likes

I know @FatePGN, I just really don’t like inaccurate data that may or may not be true and might be used as a “point” against an entity that really had no say or involvement in it.

It is true however, that $50 is relatively…

lets be honest here

Its FUDGING cheap compared to the other typical Founder stuff…

Aeria’s Aura Kingdom $300 tier…

Archeage’s $120…

hmn…

I would have liked it better to be honest if it was a CLOSED BETA FOUNDER ACCESS rather than an EARLY OPEN BETA ACCESS…

wait… does anyone else smell the bullshit on this…

3 Likes

What evidence do you have that Founder’s Server and F2P Server are going to be separated?

IMC has said nothing about having multiple servers for Founders and F2P. They have, however, said that they may add more servers based on population, which actually works AGAINST the argument that Founder’s and Non-Founders are going to be playing on 2 different servers.

Anyone who claims that Founder’s and non-Founders are going to be playing on 2 different servers is just speculating.

MMORPGs in the last year that have had Founder’s Packs: http://www.tentonhammer.com/feature/current-founder-packs-and-pre-order-programs

MMORPGs that have had Founder’s Packs that had 2 different servers for Founder’s and Non-Founder’s: None. 0

There is a founders server, and a f2p server in the future, as mentioned in the post about the announcement. They say new worlds might be added once it’s f2p, but its not even a might. The will definitely need more servers for F2P players, and f2p players won’t play on a founders server where they can’t compete.

1 Like

Guys… guys…

I think this is just a matter of wording things in an unfortunate manner

Personally, I believe that:

There will be Initial “Founder’s” servers open (number of servers pending on number of players)

At Free to Play Day onwards, additional servers will open to handle the load of F2Pers.

This does NOT mean that the Initial Founder Servers will be inaccessible to F2Pers.

You are buying something that theoretically makes you special, three months of early access plus an additional cash … But how much of this cash you’ll have to spend to be doubly special because you will also need to purchase a VIP if you want a game complete.

lol, problems not in price.
Problems in 3 month of early acess.
If i don’t need anything in early acess pack, i must pay 50$ for acess to server :unamused:

No it does not, but how many players will jump on a founder server where people had 3 months to farm, have guilds, and are miles ahead?

They could easily jump on a fresh server and have a much more enjoyable time.

RIP FOUNDERS Server :cry:

1 Like

That 3 months head start is the big problem
Its a BIG NO NO!!

Do you honestly believe that people will join a f*cked up server with 3 months head start? Besides that, the population of that server might be much lesser and I dont wanna play for hours waiting just to do dungeons.

1 Like

Going into an “established” server will also mean there is an economy going already, a base of players that will be able to help you/give tips to you, and groups that will love to pick up new members, etc etc…

I guess what I’m trying to say is that there are people will will want to go to an “established” server VS a “new” server.

The reverse is also true.

What I was trying to establish is that there is really no “Founders Only” Servers

1 Like

I get the idea of the founders pack but 3 months for free to play is ridiculously long. I wonder what kind of genius IMC staff made the decision? I wouldn’t mind for the Founders Pack really as servers need a lot of money to maintain but given the idea is pretty dumb really.

Let’s say IMC really do need money, why not do a Kickstarter for it, including various merchandise and items in which depends on your donation. But I guess that’s pretty late now considering it’s going into iOBT.

If IMC are trying to be Nexon 2.0, they are doing a really hell of a good job at it.

Oh PLEASE

This isn’t even CLOSE to being Nexon Level.

Not even Aeria level.

get your scale straight sir, I hate inaccuracies.

daimian_nightwing
And people farming all the spots and world bosses without you being able to level up faster and let the ~mass~ behind as people did at iCBT.

Totally agree with you. :confounded:

I’ll be buying for sure because I planned to support them from the beginning buying TP and such anyway.
(& 50 dollars is reasonable for me compared to other games asking for 100$+ for founder – though it’s not necessarily a fair price for other countries with bad conversion rates…)

The 3 months is extreme though & gives me cause to worry. I don’t really want to end up trapped on a low population server just because I’m willing to support them. – I have a hard time seeing them actually make adjustments even in the face of this outcry unfortunately, but I would be happy if they’d consider adjusting the time span of the early access…