Tree of Savior Forum

Monsters not challenging enough

lulwat. Remove ur nostalgia glasses if u think RO grind was fun. If you only played when trans was implemented then shut up. It took me 2-3 months to get from 96-99 on my hunter on iro. No anubis, no thor, no nameless. Iirc I leveled on gh prison/pyramid/sphinx/stings(dont remember if they were implemented back then) since we didnt have einbroch for geographers nor gonryun for EPTs.

Lmao you are delusional seriously. Since you compared it with RO, lemme do the same.Where you able to do thor without a party? Maybe, only if you had really good gear. Where you able to do nameless without a party? Again, only if you had OP gear or a tkm.

Thor wasn’t that hard. When I was leveling there with my MS there were mostly solo persons. Maybe it was hard if your server haven’t hotels/taverns. But with it + priest on second window for buffs it was ezpz.

And I haven’t any godlikes/mvp for leveling.

100 lvl ? Hmm… it only take me 2 days. Play more before say anything and brace your self 200+ lvl monster wil **** you hard

well, get to lvl 200. and just bcuz u play an archer or whatever doesnt mean everyone pays dps classes. ive heard leveling a preist takes a long time youre trying to make it harder for the people who have been keeping you alive in dungeons? stop thinking about yourself

there’s a rumor… and based in the maps, the max level should be near the 480’s… thus said.

Level 1-100 = Early Game
Level 1-200 = Early-Mid Game
Level 200-300 = Mid Game
Level 300-400 = Mid-Late Game
Level 400-482~ = Late Game

but i can be wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

the max level ive been was 107. i was suprised when i heard 100 was early game still… ive spetn 3 weeks on that char, but my stats were wrong. i made a nwe char and leveld him to 100 in like 4 days.

welp, to be honest people should not get “end-game” in less than a month xD on a MMO, but oh well… i think there are already players at the Current Cap (260 or so).

yeah im having trouble finding out how ppl r at the cap bcuz im ready to become a plague doctor and i see plague doctors and warlocks and othe rrank 7s running around klapedia, i saw one on the 3rd day of ea… idek how bcuz that was when the game was messed up and laggy.

There wasn’t any rank 7 on day 3 of ea.

Something wrong here…

And the fight until level 200 is interesting? Challenging or at least enjoying?

@Zilox
I think you are right, I never experienced this late game RO. Also, I played RO when it had no trans or even second class (those PvP classes).
Btw, I was not talking about RO parties in this thread. Only about Tos parties at 200+.

@kjndst.9x
I study, have social life and play for fun.

@Nakano15
They said mobs 200+ are not viable solo. Forget about singleplayer.
Find parties to keep playing Tos, because monsters will be challenging eventually. And oh, challenge in Tos means that they will kill you in 10 seconds and even some of them have huge HP too lul.
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/fu-ck-this-15characters/195174

Sorry but what exactly this " Challenging " mean to you
Mobs are :
Easy to kill = Not Challenging
Hard to kill = Not Challenging
Low damage = Not Challenging
Hard damage = Not Challenging

Solo = Monster too easy = not challenging
Solo = Monster too hard = Not challenging
Monster too hard = must party = not challenging

Sorry but i’m little confuse here.

Haha whai till u get to the instagib spiral archers.

Maps below level 180 can be counted as begginer area or tuturial.

After that level, you wont feel bored anymore.
Mobs hit harder, have more hp and being in a party is mandatory if you dont want to spam pots and die often.

I have an idea, what if maps with mobs from level 1 to 279, are counted as begginer area or tutorial, and the game turns into a raid on level 280 map?
Since challenge on the game can only come on the end?
sarcasm mode off

Had to review my posts. Here you go:
Until 100 - Tutorial, very easy. Challenge = false.
100 to 200 - I dont know, people said it is still easy.
Above 200 - Solo is not viable for every build. If it is impossible, challenge = false. Have party, challenge = true (see quote).

It’s sad because it looks like we are not able to play this game alone after level 200. Also, you dont need parties until 200, then suddenly you need them everyday of your life. Bad gameplay learning curve.

As I said before, challenge means balanced mechanics, not very hard or very easy.

You not answering my question dude
What’s exactly you want this game has to be ?

if you want to be Kirito, be like Kirito.
Have good skill, have good items and also have a good LUCK.

Please read that post that I linked above, talking about being almost impossible to solo. Good equipment cant save you… They said.

But, yeah, I never stated what is exactly a challenge for me.

My level 100 experience gave me these non-challenging mechanics:

• Never died to bosses.
  • Monsters are NOT SCARY (Ever played Tibia? Fail your hotkey and you are dead, sir), they are there to be killed and finish quests.
  • Enemies have no special AI or behaviours. They all share the same code (Trust me im a programmer).
  • Neva needed a cleric to heal my low CON swordsman.
  • Debuffs are not really effective. If you receive something that “reduces you stats here and there” nothing really changes in battle. You still pwn them all.

Recipe issue:

• I have access to the best weaponry since the recipes are OP and give me nearly the best equipment for level 40 and 75.
  • Example: I paid 25k for a Kindzal recipe (that took me 1 hour to complete) meanwhile a Flamini is at least 300k+ and the recipe is very hard to complete, being as expensive as the sword itself.
  • Best THS for level 75 comparison:
    Flamini: 133-247 (+32 Critical Rate).
    Kindzal: 128-237 (+7 STR).

What a challenge really is?

• Bosses kill you (thats the purpose of a boss, lul).
  • Monsters are there to destroy this world (story!), including your little existence.
  • Getting high-tier items is supposed to be hard in a MMORPG.
  • My gameplay should change with new monsters (not the same stuff since level 0).

Monsters did more in the early levels, people complained now they do less.

Meh the weapon thing is a non issue. I wouldn’t even bother with either the Kindzal or the Flamini at that level. I’d get a refurbished cheap refined weapon.

The devs could buff early game mobs, I dunno if still like that but,
Tenet Chapel monsters, on cbt 2 were dangerous.