Tree of Savior Forum

Monster Spawning. Need higher rate?

i want this! this looks so much more fun!

1 Like

Well, more than 30 days have passed, plenty of maintenances and the respawn rates are still an issueā€¦ Nice, IMC clearly doing a hell of a job.

1 Like

Something definitely needs to be done about it. The problem is getting really bad. Server transfers will help a small amount in the short term, but with F2P on the horizonā€¦

1 Like

All respawn timers need to be reduced by THREE times AT LEAST.

How can IMC keep ignoring that this is the #1 issue with the game right now, its not artifcially slowing down leveling guys, its literally making the game unplayable on the character you want to play at times because there is no room for oyu to play as all the maps and chanels are full 2x over.

It is quit worthy, more than the performance and dungeon issues for higher level players.

1 Like

LF> iCBT2 spawn rates!
Quack. o 3o

iCBT 1 & 2 were great in mob spawn regards. What we have now is not enjoyable. The grind and spawn rate must have a good rhythm like before, now we are playing a channel switching & waiting for respawns grind(?), it feels terrible. Game should feel active and not be looking at loading screens between channel change or running around empty fields.

IMC please look into improving this, the previous betas were FUN due to the previous style of mob respawn.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Shawn @Staff_Julie

2 Likes

as a player that has finally gotten to level 200 i can say the waiting for mobs is terrible you need to fix this before allowing it to go free to play. you main player base isd almost screaming at you to fix this and after watching the video of what i could have had while leveling im jealous and slightly angry that i had to do all this waiting while the game was perfectly fine with spawn rates before i was playing

Saddly itā€™s a little late for that. F2p is tomorrow and the patch notes were garbage. Itā€™ll be fine though. Hopefully the f2p masses will hit the forums and complain as well. Then theyā€™ll have no choice. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thatā€™s it, weā€™re DOOMED! Great work destroying the game IMC, Blade n Soul is more enjoyable than this currently state of the game. Iā€™m going back to Mabinogi.

See you guys when they decide to be intelligent and not ignore the feedback. Arthur, out. * stretching the arm and dropping the microphone *

I honestly donā€™t know why they didnā€™t fix this yet.

Literally not a single player likes this respawn system. Iā€™m thinking they already stopped caring about this game long ago.

The are fixing by milking you guys more that allā€¦ The way they doing is slowly planting each of grab they can and milk every little contents/features while it still last till endā€¦
See for yourself and this game already sky rock downhill day by dayā€¦
We only can casual play till the end of market or bore till quittingā€¦
IMC still launch their F2P with this stage of problems on-going and you can see the result is already doneā€¦
TOSers get too over excited when small little tweak from them done but the drawback is another problemā€¦
GoodLuck everyoneā€¦ Lag,wait,crash,low rates drop/experience,bots and RMTā€¦
You implement features by IMC in market limitation and still every issue still aroundā€¦

F2P is here and there are no more monsters anywhere. Thanks IMC

Yeah, I logged just to see how the F2P is going and Oh My Glorb! Itā€™s horribruuh! every single channel is yellow at LEAST. Forget, this game is already dead to me. Thanks IMC, thanks to YOU the game gone from 80% positive to 58% and I helped with a negative review just to give my 2 cents

I beg you IMC, please go back to a spawn system like it was in CBT2, or similar. Getting any kind of grinding done in crystal mine is a horrid trial of patience, and you feel your spirit sink every time you see other players, because you know the map is going to be empty of mobs.

2 Likes

More spwan please

20char

My personal opinion about this is a bit different.

When I think about monster spawns in MMORPG, my first thought is that Ragnarok Online had the best spawn system and most other MMORPGs had horrible ones that ruined the whole game for me.

So why it that.

If we look at our average asian grinder 3D MMORPG, we usually have spawns on fixed locations with a respawn time of 5-15 seconds. While that might make it comfortable to grind, it also makes grinding incredibly boring, because it consists mainly of finding a spawn spot that isnā€™t occupied and then killing endlessly respawning monster with out moving.

Ragnarok Online solved that differently. Monster respawn after 5 seconds too, but they will always respawn on a random location of the map. This forces you to move around the whole map to find more monsters and this make grinding a lot more enjoyable. It felt light exploring while fighting. Itā€™s the main reason Iā€™d say that grinding in RO is fun.

So now we get to ToS. When I think about ToS spawns itā€™s not that I think having a respawn rate of 2-5 minutes is the problem. Itā€™s actually quite clever. If monsters donā€™t respawn right away, you will have to move around to find more, just like RO.

And the spawns on some maps in ToS are also perfectly fine. Some maps are crowded with monsters and if you keep moving around you can kill masses of them. Those maps are perfectly fine.

The problem in ToS are the other maps. Many maps only have very few total spawns and whatā€™s even worse is that they have lots of narrow pathways were no monsters spawn at all. A good example is the second floor of the Crystal Mine. These leads to the effect that you spent more time walking around than fighting on these maps and thatā€™s what really ruins the enjoyment of grinding ToS.

So my personal proposition would be to keep the respawn time as it is on the maps, but on all maps that have less than ~200 monsters spawning in total, add monsters that spawn on random location until ~200 monsters are spawning in total.

That way the game would still not allow you to just stay on one place and kill endlessly respawning monsters, but solve the problem of having to walk around for half a minute without finding a single monster.

yes, i love being gangbanged by monster instead of waiting for them to respawn 1 by 1. love to see those flying numbers! (this is kinda sound like sarcasm but i really liked being mobbed by monsters :D)

1 Like

I like this type of spawn too (Hillwind mob trainsā€¦ good time).

2 Likes

Yeah, good timeā€¦
Mobs didnā€™t have a ridiculously small radius, you could train more than 5 of them, they wouldnā€™t run away from you, the density was higherā€¦

I was training everythingā€¦ Stalactic Golem, Vamberk, Isilla, Venatusā€¦