Tree of Savior Forum

Monster Spawning. Need higher rate?

You have to attach a Holy Bomb onto Glizardons, which spawn like one every new ‘wave’. Mind you, KSers can just run by, get the kill, and screw over your quest. I remember someone cussing off a group because they ran by and KSed the kill.

Yes, if they’re going to do this rate, it needs to be MUCH faster. Questing is now waiting for the spawns rather than hunting around for the monster or the quest itself. Tenet is pretty much hell right now.

• Keep it this group spawn rate, but make it so when monsters in an area have been killed, respawn timer 5~10 seconds.

• Return it to the iCBT style whereas if one monster dies, another refills its place after x time. This was actually better pacing wise, but RNG dictated when the rarer monsters would drop and it was a little gimmicky.

2 Likes

Oops, so that’s how it was. >_<

As a game developer myself, I can easily see how this new style is easier on the server. You’re actually using only one timer per group/room, instead of a timer for every monster.

STILL, i would NEVER implement something like that. It’s just bad game design.

But the weird part is that they changed this on most maps, but not on ALL maps. If you go to the first zones like Shadow Forest Road zone on the very first “West Siauliau Woods”, you’ll see the Infrorocktors respawn on individual rates, and that’s PERFECT.

3 Likes

Feel the difference, my friends:

10 Likes

I’m quitting because of this, sitting in spots doing nothing waiting for mobs isn’t my definition of fun.

I don’t regret spending my money because the iCBT2 was fun and I had 400+ hours on that. Consider this as a payment for that, but I don’t think new players will feel like this.

7 Likes

This game looks more like a bad hosted private server with all it’s flaws than an actual game with an xx$-publisher.

1 Like

+1 spawn rates are too low OTL

I second this.

I’m currently playing on odd hours and thanks to that I can always find empty channels, and even than some respawn rates feel wrong. To be precise I wanted to farm a certain mob because it drops an item I need to craft some armor, but instead of the type of respawn we had in games like RO (fixed ammount of mobs per map at any given time and instant respawn) it looks like it works in waves.

It is true that we can do quests to level up, but what if we just want to grind because we enjoy it, or becuase we have had enough of quests? Afterall, if we loved generic linear questing we would be playing one of the hundreds mediocre wow clones out there. Plus, and I think this is much more important that what it might sound, questing feels more an “alone” activity. No need to find a group to quest, or to invite that guy who just ran past you; grinding instead encourages socialization, making the community better.

Which moron thought these respawn timers were ok?

It needs to be set to 5-15s respawn after the monsters die… waiting 2-5 minutes is ruining the game, its not even fun at all.

You spend 95% of the time playing WAITING for monsters to spawn, this is not how it should be. You should be waitng 5% of the time and fighting 95% of the time.

Someone needs to be fired for coming up with this backwards and broken spawn rates.

3 Likes

They have to change back to the way it was during cbt2, thats it. The main question is: will the servers handle it?

In all honesty, they need to make more NA servers and up the spawn rates. They should have had one server with good ping for BR (their 2nd largest playerbase), 1-2 SPECIFICALLY for NA, 1 for EU, and possibly one for SEA from the start.

With the current situation of crazy server lag, on top of people camping spawn spots and waiting 5-10 mins for a batch of new mobs to mow down is ridiculous. In reality, the ONLY good source of xp is dungeons, but those are broken half the time with queue errors.

Like your video earlier, I miss iCBT farming that spot. It was hella fun, and I met tons of people going in there and formed many-a-party. Now? I channel hop praying for a group of mobs to be there with a chance to kill something.

2 Likes

Yeah the spawn rate for this is really a bad design. Hope the developer will change this “style” of gameplay cause its not fun waiting around for a mob that would be killed by other class that specialize in aoes.

I honestly don’t even want to play anymore because of the spawn rates. Walking into your favourite grind spot in CBT and seeing nothing but people, then waiting however long 1-2 minutes for monsters only to have them all pop up at the same time then instantly be destroyed by everyone else wanting to grind is just not fun.

Having to wait for monsters in a game where you are supposed to GRIND is like anti-game design, what is IMC thinking?

3 Likes

I really cant understand how thsi can possibly work. I thought they only messed with huge respawn spots like tenet chapel and special mobs like fighters, but i’m sutck for like 30min just to complete the barrier quest in Novaha Institute, because there are no monsters! This is insane, i’m really pissed atm. The mob only appears: 3 to 3 min and its a tiny mob like 3 or something (and they do not always drop the quest item).

Vubbe Fighter too, in Crystal Mine 3F… Very low rate spawn, I need a lot the Vubbe Fighter Blood for my recipe! :sweat:

2 Likes

And some maps should be more “channeled” (thinking about you Tenet Garden), cause some grinding spot have low channel (8 really?) whereas some “just passing” maps have more than 12 channels. What’s the logic in that?

At least creating more channels on those maps should not be that difficult of expensive and would help a lot about lags and grind.

1 Like

I don’t have anything new to add, just that I’m yet another person that agrees the spawns are too scarce. I’ve timed it, and most enemies spawn every 2 minutes, with certain ones like the Vubbe Fighter being some unholy enigma. For quests and item hunting, this makes it a game of meaningless waiting rather than persistence. It’s lame.

1 Like

No zone should ever feel empty of mobs. This game can feel empty and its frustrating when you need to kill x amount of mobs and cant due to terrible respawns and empty rooms.

I’ve actually stopped playing and went back to Black Desert Online because of the stupidly slow spawn timers, being unable to compete with full parties solo or multiple parties fighting over a location is just tiresome.

Things spawn and just as fast as they appeared they’re cleared out by the combination of static parties, channel hoppers, and bots…then you have to wait another 2-4min before the next spawn. Simple kill quests that require 10 or so mobs turn into an hour-long struggle as everyone runs around frantically trying to get the last-hit and kill stealing becomes a lucrative if not necessary strategy. This needs to change.

5 Likes

Please Please fix the stupid spawn rates. Every map is empty and you spend 90% of the time looking for a monster to kill instead of actually playing the game and fighting them…

This is killing the game for almost everyone.

It is not fun this way. Your game will have no players within 2 months if this is not fixed before F2P release.

You would literally have to make them spawn 5x faster than currently for it to be even close to enough to have fun.

3 Likes