Tree of Savior Forum

Monk 3 build 2018

I am a cleric 2 priest 1 paladin 3 monk 1 zealot 2 right now and its great! Enjoy this build quite a bit its great for challenge modes.

I was wondering if you still played the game, I used to be on some TOS community discord where you sent me a full dex munk build (which I followed until I stopped playing.) Now I am back and things have changed so I was looking for the new way of munk.

I play sparingly now, although I do read up and keep up with kTest and iToS patch notes. As of now I changed my monk into a paladin inquisitor just to test stuff. Currently in full regret.

Full DEX monk is the way to go alright, feels so good to play it. Going to reset back to monk as soon as I get my hands on a rank reset.

Would you do a build like this? I would like to not waste a rank reset (right now im up to monk 2) or would you build differently?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41122999jj.1a213a435561.1a213345516595.2f31416a5a7181.1128314a5565

Itā€™s a good build but itā€™s hard to maintain your SP with that unless you party with a diev.

You could do the same on a paladin variant though

I already have the paladin build we were talking about earlier. Here is my build for that:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4112bbb9jj.1a213a435561.14213545.1c213f419a6175.253545.1128314a5565

Idk it cant cost more SP than my paladin does, if I reset challenge mode 3x I will run out of SP potions before the 3rd CM is done.(Carrying 150 SP potions at a time)

Monk 3 gets the SP reduction attribute for double punch and I already have a 350 leather set / 2h mace with STR and SPR on it.

Ah, i thought youā€™d reset your Zeaot from Priest 1 to Priest 2.

You actually want to make another one.

That SP attribute isnā€™t enough. Though I havenā€™t tried a mixed spr/dex/str build with rikaus cards yet on a monk zealot

Make another munk? to get what class?

Hmm I think you misunderstood me,

do you wish to make another zealot or rerank your current zealot?

because if SP is a problem monk 3 drains more than pala 3 even with the attribute.

Now that you have less reliable damage skills to use you are forced to DP all the time which isnā€™t bad but it just drains a lot of sp without kabba assist/spr or diev support

In the original post I already have a lvl 200 ish monk thats skilled like X and I was looking for ways to bring that munk back to life.

Right, though with the first build I gave you it should be enough if you like priest 2 on your build

Your only problem will be maintaining sp unless you actually rolled a good set of armor that gives everything (spr/dex/str)

Well when you got 2 zealots and trans gear will be transferable in team storage its just a matter of grinding challenge mode and finding berthas/primus gear to reroll.

I also have such a hard time finding accs so I use 1 zacharial bangle and 1 90 spr ring from the shop. I would like a kite moor set for my paladin since resist elements and stuff but until then max peta zach bangle and 1 90 SPR ring.

https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/408018

Double punch sp reduction should be in rank 2 right.

Btw 150 sp potion for stage 3cmā€¦is it alchemist sp potion?

Anyone can tell if monk sp consumption is higher than hacka/warlock/others? Most monk video Iā€™ve seen sp consumption is manageable.

1 Like

monk alone is manageable, but with zealot fanatic illusion itā€™s too much.

Thereā€™s also blind faith on bosses if youā€™re in need of pure damage burst.

2 Likes

I have a Ranger3 Rogue3 Hacka2, EleRCOmny2 and QS3 Cannon, and from casual experience, Monks donā€™t waste SP as fast as Hackapelle, but IS up there in terms of SP usage, using SP almost(?) as fast in general. 100-150 SPR from armor should be enough to curb SP issues, though Zealot Blind Faith still makes your SP cry (but hey, more damage)

At the very least, though, the SP usage for monk zealot is worth it.

2 Likes

150 SP for 3 stage 5 CMs.

So essentially every monk build be it c1/2/3 is still just DP, right? Can anyone confirm/deny?

At Monk C1, I wonder why anyone only takes Monk C1 in the first place (but yes itā€™s only double punch here)

Essentially, Monk C2-C3 is basically Double Punch spam, or in an uh, optimal detailed skill ā€œrotationā€:

1. God Finger Flick (for single targets, bosses or if there is breaking wheel, 50% strike debuff)
  2. Hand Knife (hope Armor Break procs)> One-Inch Punch (all your burst skills here)
  3. Double Punch spam (30% Strike debuff, does not stack with God Finger Flick)
    (Or start with Double Punch, proc strike debuff, then start from (1). If its too much of a hassle you can just only spam Double Punch)

It depends on which build you include Monk in, really. On a Zealot build, you spend your time casting buffs and only use a proper ā€œrotationā€ on bosses, other times you just spam double punch while buffs are up. On an Inquisitor build, you will need to commit to that rotation when using Breaking Wheel. Otherwise, its the same Double Punch spam.

TLDR: Depends on the situation/build, but yes its mostly Double Punch. Sorry for the long-winded explanation.

My Zea Monk c3 does:

Double Punch 50k 25kx2
One inch Punch 140-150k
God finger Flip 200k
Energyblast 40-50k per hit

Fanatic Illusion 130k per tick

With Trans 5 +15 350 primus on a Dex Build/Gmcard x3

Dp is mostly use for bosses or for left over mobs.

Energyblast is a good filler in Ch-mode if Fanatic illusion is on CD.

Blue pot usage is insane even if i increase the duration of the lvl 15 pots with meltis.

The druid demi wolf has a 20% p.damage buff and the only options available are paladin3, monk2, or end these with inquisitor.