Tree of Savior Forum

Monk 3 build 2018

Hello friends!

I have a lvl 206 monk looks like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4112299.1a243a55.1a213a4554.2a3545625171

I want to go monk 3 zealot2 for rank 9 so I am trying to figure out how to fix this build and skill up properly. I used my rank reset on my other chars so I am just going to skill reset for now.

What skills should I change?
-I feel like my buffs are weak as is and it is easy to get pardoner buffs so I should take 4 points out of Sacrament and 6 points out of Aspersion and put those 10 points into Revive and Mass Heal.
-With the changes to Deprotect zone I would drop cure to 1 and put 3 points into deprotect.
-Not sure what monk skills to change.

How to skill the zealot? max blind faith, fanatic illusion, fanaticism with 1 in beady/invul rest in immolation?

Yes.

Yes, your buffs are a bit useless and mass heal and revive are important.

Take a point in fade, it can be very useful at times.

Something like this:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41122999jj.1a213a435561.1a213345516595.2f31416a5a7181.1128314a5565

Other builds have higher invulnerable and lower immolation but IMO itā€™s not worth and instead, just use one gazing golem+1 point in invulnerable.

I already have a zealot2 with krivis3.
I chose cleric1 priest 3 monk 3 taoist 2 because without krivis3 zealot 2ā€™s uptime is really bad to me.

I like the build would this still be almost full dex?

Pumping dex depends on your ping.

If you noticed that your aspd stopped increasing stop pumping dex. A bit hard to measure because this depends on the player.

just to add to @Lostac 's advice, it might be best to test your ping not when youā€™re alone in the map but when engaging to fights where there are a lot of people.

How to test your ping? is there a command in /dev?

just do it in the normal chat , type //ping

Hello. I have 670dex and 31ping but the double punch does not work like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfDQlumKek . What is wrong with me?)

1. did you try typing //ping in normal chat? is 31ms really is your ping?
  2. did you try typing it while in town? or while fighting? is there a difference?

because if 31 ms really is your ping, there should be no problems (?)

I watched a lot of monk-zealot videos and many did not bother to use other monk skill except double punch. Because you still have many other kit from zealot.
Whatā€™s the appeal of monk3 or even monk2 other than costume (which soon any cleric can wear it)?

Double punch lv 5 with lv 80 attribute = 439.6%
Double punch lv 10 with lv 80 attribute = 537.6%
Double punch lv 15 with lv 80 attribute = 638.4%

100-200% feels like nothing and from what I read God Finger Flick strike debuff 50% does not stack with Double Punch 30%ā€¦

Monk c3 gives you Golden Bell Shield and this skill is realy usefull to set up your buffs without getting knocked down from bosses.
Its Good to cast Energyblast too it even gives you Pain barierfpr 5 seconds.
Energyblast ist the reason nr 2 for Monk C3 As Crit Build Eb is way way way way much stronger then Zaibas with Blind Faith.
Its the best Aoeskill Between fanatic illusion.

Double Punch shines only on Bosses anyway.

But im not sure if One Inch Punch/Godfinger flick are worth it to stop Double punching on bosses ^^^"

There arenā€™t many scenario to justify golden bell shield and you still have safety zoneā€¦I can see some sense in Monk2 but Monk3 really just for golden bell shieldā€¦??

Look at this channel, he hardly cast golden bell shield even.

Iā€™ve searched ā€˜tos zealotā€™ in youtube and I canā€™t even see anyone with monk casting energy blast for the past few months. Appreciate if you can share a decent player video that utilized energy blast effectively before I waste my skill point on this.

1 Like

Well i can only Speak from my own Experience and it depends what content you do.
But the strike Debuff with that atack speed should give you alot more dps then monk C2 does.

My EB lvl 10 does 50-60k per crit but its tricky to use.(Trans 5)

Fanatism makes you squishy thats why i liked gbs so much and i hate it when i get knoced down when i set up Fanatic illusion>Fanatism>Bluepot>Meltis IF you get knocked down in this you are screwed^^
And having two ways to protect you from dmg is realy nice.

Monk C3 maximize your Dps.
Its up tp you the alternativs dont give you much dps either.

KAbalist make things cheaper But on high content you will use you blue potions as much as possible for Glassmole.

Cleric C2 Gbs is better then Sw and you get both with monk C3.
You dont need more heal since you arenĀ“t a supporter you need another Cleric anyway in Ch7/Raid ect.

'Just my Opinion

1 Like

Just sharing my thoughts, feel free to disagree.

In the first place, a Zealot really does not ā€œneedā€ monk in the build. With good investment, a Zealot can do most content with Krivis3 and Zealot2 alone with its buffs and AoE capabilities. Monk and Krivis/Zealot relies on different stats (DEX vs SPR/STR), and the only reason to take both is because Zealots can deal the highest DPS that way with Monkā€™s bossing damage (subject to DEX and ping). For bossing damage purposes, Monk 3 Strike duration really helps (iirc Double Punch Strike debuff is about 3-5 seconds, likewise for God Finger Flick? I forgot) when bosses run away/get out of reach and to keep up strike debuffs.

Zealot has good AoE capabilities for a physical cleric build, so its no wonder no one uses Energy Blast, a less-reliable linear AoE. IMO as a monk zealot, you can skip Energy Blast if you so wish for it. It takes a lot of investment to even make it decently useful. Golden bell shield is rather situational, but it has its uses for setting up buff/emergency oh-crap button to use while safety zone is down.

With that said, speaking as a monk (before zealot came out) who went crazy with T10 Skull Breaker, lvl 100 Double Punch and Lvl 100 Energy blast,

I used to do ET with 3 Cryo-Chronos (or 2 Cryo-Chronos and 1 Hunter3Falcon3) and 1 Taoist as a Monk 3 and carried DPS floors alone (via Frost Tree > Energy Blast > Pass > Rinse and Repeat for mobs, God Finger Flick > Combo to Double Punch for bosses) up to 35F, and with that I can attest Energy Blastā€™s usefulness back then, albeit expensive and with party help.

Then again, with a reliable AoE skill set in Zealot, Energy Blast is no longer needed as an AoE skill, and Energy Blast is just simply very situational now to warrant any skill points other than for fun (cā€™mon, Energy Blast looks awesome), or for knockback purposes with 1 point.

Feel free to skip Energy Blast.

Owh so monk3 doesnā€™t worth much. Thankss, I understand better now.

@shenhuehue
Still not convinced and still no video. Video below shows Energy Blast is not good. Long cast time with long cd.

Monk 3 has its uses for DPSing down bosses better, but to each his own. There are alternatives (for example Cleric 2 Divine Might buffs etc, shenhuehue explained), but everyone can play any class build as long as they understand what they are getting and missing, and are willing to invest in it.

The weapon that the monk in the video is using is a Suncus Maul, a Lvl 170 weapon whose only special trait is +2 Monk Skill Levels, so I think its not a good comparison of damage. I think the intention of the video was just to proc as much Blind Faith as possible from Energy Blast (increasing lvls in Energy Blast increases the amount of hits).

With that said, even without video proof, at Lvl 10 with 269% x 19~ hits (430% x 19~ hits with full enhance), unless youā€™re hitting monsters weak to holy and are low on defense, Energy Blast IS rather weak/situational for a Zealot. You do much more damage double punching instead of using Energy Blast

:tired:

Iā€™m not saying about damage :sweat:
Channeling skill only good when you have low skill rotation like sadhu. But yeah monk3 is overrated.

Owh haha :sweat_smile:

Yeah, at the very least, there IS some worth going to classes other than Monk 3.

Iā€™ve also been telling people to try out Paladin 3 over Monk 3.

Demolition is like god smash that can stun.
Conviction is a nice double smash burst with a good animation, also nice to use after demolition.
Smite has low cooldown with 3 charges, good animation with dex and demolishes targets completely with the correct type(demon/mutant)

Koreans play on a much better environment(server) which makes DP spamming funā€¦and reliable.

Iā€™ve made a Paladin 3 > Monk 1 build which actually went well butā€¦Itā€™s annoying to not have krivis 3. I may eventually change my Cleric 2 >Priest 1 > Paladin 3 > Monk 1 > Zealot 2 into either:
Cleric 2 Priest 2 Paladin 3 Zealot 2, or
Cleric 1 Krivis 3 Paladin 3 Zealot 2, even something like:
Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Monk 1 Kabba 1 Zealot 2, just for DP spamming filler and Zealot boosting skills+instant sp restore.

Thereā€™s fair enough rotation in paladin and much more useful party oriented skills while having good bursts under fanaticism.