Tree of Savior Forum

Mobs/Objectives spawn in waves instead of periotically

In the current game of TOS, I find it a bit slow that mobs now spawn in waves instead of periodically like in iCBT 2. Wave spawning for mobs and quest like Shaman Doll banner destroyer totems have people literally camping the area waiting till the monsters/objectives are up again. In iCBT 2 it seemed the mobs/objective would be on a spawn timer that would be active as soon as they were cleared and there wasn’t much waiting to do. The monster/objective would spawn over time periodically on it’s own and people just went in, did there objectives and moved on. I’d really appreciate this if this was adjusted better because before I had a comfy, steady rate to grind and have good quest progression with periodic spawns but now in the current game, it’s just waits with groups of people rushing, stealing objectives from other players, fast clears, and many periods of waiting for the next wave to spawn everything at once for the cycle to continue.

Edit: I’ve noticed some areas do wave spawning and others just do individual periodic spawns. If most areas ran on individual periodic spawns I’d really appreciate it.

7 Likes

I agree. The current spawning sucks. It’s really annoying as u will walk around without any mobs a lot…and then suddenly 40 mobs rain down at once and are killed pretty much instantly …and then the wait begins again. It’s really annoying

1 Like

I don’t really know what IMC was going for here… The only thing I see this benefiting is party play, which many people elect not to do. I can kind of get it if they wanted to make a trade-off kind of deal where: “Yeah, you get reduced xp, but you aren’t miserable hunting mobs/getting quest objectives/etc.”

This kind of thing might not be intentional, but that’s what’s happening in the game right now and it needs to be addressed before early access is over.

It’s a little awkward, I agree. One moment I’m hanging out in the clear zone in the mines, next I’m surrounded by the dozen. Maybe they did this to give some pacing to killing mobs. Like, kill, rest, kill.

I gotta agree with OP here, it feels nothing like iCBT 2 in terms of pace. I believe that the iCBT 2 had the perfect mob spawning rate, not sure what happened but if we’re just playing KS championship 2016 the game isn’ fun. Its a Korean MMO and they known for the grind, you took the fun out of the grind IMC. Not sure if it’s gonna stay this way for long but I hope to the Tree of Jesus it doesn’t.

The totem quest in Srautaus Gorge is the perfect example, its 5 per quest and then you got 3 spawning max at any given moment and 20 people trying to get it done at one time. Maybe this wont be the case once the player density dies down, but it sure doesn’t feel good or comfy at all. The new mob spawn system doesn’t help those whom lack damage either, before everyone got a piece of the pie, but now its a race to see who doesn’t get KSed and its a shame. Hopefully IMC changes the problem it has, papa bless :pizza:

Agree, CBT2’s rates felt much better. A mixture of the two would probably work best.

1 Like

This, this, a thousand times this. The spawn rates are absolutely crazy. Tenet Garden has been almost completely shut down every time I’ve gone because too many people are after a limited, slow-to-respawn number of monsters. And that’s without even mentioning Vubbe Fighters and their ilk…

1 Like