Tree of Savior Forum

Missile Hole Discussion Compilation

Sorry but this question popped off my head and I don’t deal with PvP but interest me regardless.

What about archer classes that using melee attacks like hunter, sapper, falconer(?) or even hackapalle?

It’s what we talked about in some of the threads I posted.

One problem of these “solutions” is that you only get able to use few of these skills (around 1-3 skills) in a PvP match against Missile Hole (as well greatly limit mostly builds from working and most likely you’re not getting hunter with hackapalle or other conflicting combinations).

It would be perfectly balanced if Missile Hole duration was shorter (or any other adjustment that allows it to be countered) but it gets unbalanced when the only skills you can use for one entire PvP match are those melee/status ailment (which you level Rank 1 to Rank 8 to have 1-3 skills you can use on PvP while they aren’t even reliable enough).

And it all goes back to not using Missile skills while the reason Missile Hole needs rebalance is how it gives 100% uptime on Immunity to all Missile skills (majority of archer’s skills) without any viable counter to this case.

If I want to be a melee class I’ll use a swordie or a cleric.

Or a magic melee class cleric or long range clerics.

I think its named Archer for a reason.

2 Likes

Still has a rogue class and the only other class able to equip a sword on second hand

1 Like

Rogue and Hackappales are Circles of the Class Tree, additional to your base class. Corsairs use pistols, yet they are Swordsman. Clerics uses magics and melee, yet they aren’t Wizards nor Swordsman. Featherfoot have healing abilities, yet isn’t a Cleric.

I don’t really care about that, the other points are valid only because they do not do it better than the main class, for example, a FF won’t have better heals than a cleric.

Other example, a corsair can equip a pistol, archers can. > archer can equip a sword in second hand, swordsman cannot. Logic? Nope.
There would be no problem if the swordsman was able, too.

Rogue is in the archer tree just because they ripped off the one from RO and there was no way a swordsman would use a bow or crossbow like the stalker.[quote=“LunarRabbit, post:26, topic:348648”]
Rogue and Hackappales are Circles of the Class Tree, additional to your base class.
[/quote]

1 Like

Agreed, (back on thread) that’s why I don’t think anyone should be only allowed to using Melee skills as Archers to deal with Missile Hole.

Let’s not even touch the subject that melee SUCKS in ToS,the only Swordies that really shine in PVP have ranged or long ranged melee attacks(Dragoon/Lancer) , unparalleled mobility(Cata), or simply bullshit CC with high AoEs(Corsair+Murimilo is the flavor of month<- points that the only relevant CC is a ranged one,in a build with a dozen CC skills).

We’d need at least a complete revamp of animation speed/AoE hitbox for most melee skills to actually do anything.

@Megiddo_Yggdra
So,asking Archers to try melee skills, when not even the majority of specialized melee classes can do ■■■■, is nonsensical. Please don’t take this as an attack, i just want to emphasize that melee is REALLY bad in ToS PvP.

2 Likes

Sorry but what the *uck. Ever heard of a skill called “pneuma” from way back in RO days?

It’s never enough for spoiled ass archer class players to be able to one shot people from across the map.

The devs may nerf the skill but that doesn’t make anyone who complains about it any less of a whiny little *itch.

3 Likes

You can’t move while using Pneuma, and yes, people in RO complained like crazy about Pneuma being OP in WoE.

MH should be nerfed to 10 sec in pvp and retain its effects in pvp but apparently all of my posts in the cancer nerf mh thread was dismissed as a hue and troll afterwards. kakaka

one is enough peeps. Where are the mods when you need them? right they dont exist. kakaka

There are one topic for Poll, one old for Discussion and this one which is a compilation of all Missile Hole posts I could find. If you have any interest of contributing in an useful way, please refer to those links, thanks.

lunnarrabbit gonna call me useless again

i guess the least i can do is try my summoning skill

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan
@STAFF_Max

ur beloved savior lunnarrabbit need your attention to acknowledge Sage’s Missile Hole issue.

3 Likes

Missile attacks cant be dodged. Missile hole is needed.

5 Likes

the OP does not play as sage therefore your opinion is wrong.

4 Likes

As a player who gets buffed by Sages with Missile Hole on low HP and high HP characters I can say I can catch most of what there is about having Missile Hole buff itself on both sides (being the Archer and being against Archers).

As well I did some testings in TBL and outside TBL on Missile Hole mechanics, buff type, buff removal ability (hit count, overwritten buffs) as well checked for all buff and skill data I could.

And I do have one character I’m leveling to be Sage since I don’t like talking without knowing things. And I want to have the class so I can test things by myself instead of calling others all the time and experiencing the point of view of playing that class.

Aside from all this I also ask other Sages who agree with the skill being unbalanced against archers. So I trust I have enough information to talk about it.

As well, this isn’t an “my opionion is X” topic. For discussions, please follow the appropriate topic as you can find in the first post, thanks.

Pneuma had numerous counters even on Ranged/Support Classes:

-Magnetic Earth removes and prevents
-Safety Wall makes a 3x3 area around it impossible to cast Pneuma(both Mage classes and priests had access).
-High Wizards Ganbatein could remove any floor effect
-Melee pushbacks,desync (not an option during woe,ok)
-Monsters skills counted as melee attacks after a certain proximity,making Pneuma useless in those cases.
-Hunters had traps and offensive trapping to deal with pneuma,hunters are the main reason people used anti sleep gear(both FAS and traps can cause it in WoE environment)
-Rogues had hybrid options for melee even with bows.
-Bards where the greatest support,had screen wide CC and also gained a little killing power with TCoF
-Alchemists had both ground effects and Homunculus

And keep in mind the defense metagame always revolved in the balance between pneuma/safety phyisical blocking VS magic aoe damage. There was almost no way to get both into your gvg composition and make it work(i still dream guilds would try to turn the meta around with Acoustic Rhythm+elemental reduction but never saw people brave enough to try)

Compare it to ToS where we get freaking melstis+Ausrine no selling the entire game…

3 Likes

Missile hole is the hole TOS drops down in. Cause IMC eliminated the safety nets.

huehuehue

1 Like

Tree of Savior kinda induces to think of it as Tree, not a Missile. For discussion please use the appropriate topics, thanks.

Another missile hole thread?
What did I say about rabbits breeding?

Contribution:
No need to change anything.
It works.
Archers just crying cause their powers got nerfed, which was a great sigh of relief to many.

Instead of a buff, missile hole can be a giant static black hole that sucks in all range attacks from both sides.

But I like missile hole as an almost impenetrable buff. Wizards don’t have evasion powers, so let them keep their missile hole

1 Like