Tree of Savior Forum

Petition: Nerf Missile Hole. A single Rank should NOT make entire classes from Rank 1 to 8 useless

I heard rumors that even GMs says that Missile Hole is a problem. Even in Korean version it was so OP that it was nerfed to 16 hits only.

• What’s the point of make any support class that doesn’t finish with Sage for mobile and 100% uptime damage immunity?

• What’s the point of party-playing when a Miko, that is supposed to remove buffs so your team can kill an enemy, cannot remove Missile Hole?

• What’s the point of reaching rank 8 as an archer when a single-rank skill will make entire class tree useless?

• What’s the point of spend hours grinding at maps, looking for a material drop for Lv.315 items, when a Sage with Missile Hole will completely and utterly trash your damage to 1?

That skill is too far strong and destroys the point of many aspects in the game.

I feel most classes and player-vs-player instances are irrelevant right now thanks to the massive, broken effect of this skill.

Considering how IMC makes balance update every week, I am surprised they haven’t addressed such a big problem.

• Missile Hole is completely broken, makes many classes useless and makes PvP at TBL and GvG as archers pointless.
  • Missile Hole is 100% fine as it is right now.

0 voters

6 Likes

Archers make great farmers. :stuck_out_tongue:

But we have tons of skills like this that need to be changed.

5 Likes

43 Likes

Same thing for Agny. Agny can’t make other classes useless if you don’t PvE, still it’s going to be rebalanced.

Nothing to lose then on, as we’re already getting rebalances on items/skills/classes, to rebalance Missile Hole, so both PvE and PvP aspects gets adjustments that makes everyone happy :3

3 Likes

Yea in the Ktos thread we criticized these items when they were announced. You shouldn’t be using a item to fix a class.

Also regarding missle hole they either need to weaken it or make it so only the caster can benefit from it. Would still be strong in duels but it would make it fine for gvg and arena stuff.

10 Likes

+1000000

This was the fundamental flaw with Agny’s implementation, it didn’t address the core problem.

6 Likes

Missile Hole is a really strong skill and maybe a little bit of reworking wouldnt be the wrong thing to do.

But saying it renders a whole class useless is as shortsighted as the skill itself. Every Archer skill with multihits or a fasthitting class like quarrelshooter is able to get rid of missile hole in no time. Archer classes like Wugushi, and fletcher can still kill you without any problems, so yeah it is a skill that could be nerfed a little bit more but its not so way over the top like you make it out to be.

Skills like Ausrine or Corsairs Hook are way stronger and way more broken then that one

5 Likes

I agree 100% on this, as we where discussing on the other thread, balancing skills/classes would be easier with % + base damage on all skills instead of creating dumb items because without them, we can’t play bad developed content.

The progression on offensive and defensive stats in monsters/characters where good till R7 content, R8 it jumped to something like I would expect in R9.

Also, many items are missing for some builds, most items have synergy with meta builds and certain classes/circles.

By no means this is diversity.

3 Likes

Stone skin / missle hole / ausrine (among others) all need to be toned down. One of our major issue with skills in this game is they are either broken or useless its really hard to find a skill that just considered okay.

1 Like

It kinda does render the entire skill class useless. To be able to deal full 16 hits on someone is time enough to get killed by anything else or enemies teammates.

The thing is, using status effects to do damage thru a buff that have 100% uptime doesn’t feel right at all for physical attack characters. And that’s limited to:
Fletcher (debuff arrows), Ranger C3 (time bomb arrow), Wugushi (posion skills), all of them are prevented by a single cleric.

Quarrel Shooter and SR and others have hard time to remove the Missile Hole, especially vs grouped people. On 1v1 you can deal with it, but then we have team vs teams in PvP.

The difference between Ausrine and other sort of buffs/debuffs that grant immunity is that Missile Hole is Lv3 Debuff (can’t be removed), duration is too high (100s) with 100% uptime (31s cooldown).

1 Like

IMC needs to start designing all skills with different properties for PVE and PVP scenarios, right from the beginning instead of one-size-fits-all

3 Likes

I’m sorry but missle hole is completely fine when you got people in TBL running around with lvl 7+ transcended gear OHKO people all over the place.

Nerf Retreat shot, no one can tell when that skill is being used against them until they are dead.

4 Likes

Yea well skills aren’t the only issue. Part of the reason those skills are so broken is because defense should scale % instead of flat so its useful and to get rid of the one shot meta.

ALOT of things in this game need work lol :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I agree that Stage 7 weapons makes things unbalanced. Talk about Cata Rush with T7-10 weapon with Trot + desync + Missile Hole. Or simply, Dethrone from offscreen.

I agree that such skill as Missile Hole should exists but in a different perspective, I think it should allow skill effects to work (knockback from Heavy Shot and Full Draw, for example) so you have a way to counter it. And most important, it shouldn’t make everyone do 1 damage, that’s the OP thing, it would be way much balanced if it simply reduced Missile Damage for some % based on skill level.

Right now as Missile Hole is, it’s totally unbalanced and broken.

Im sure ill get crucified for this buttttttttttt

Defender

Type Support Max Lv 5

SP Cost 30 Target Self

Duration 180 sec

Required State Requires a shield equipped
Effect Decreases the ATK of ranged attacks against the caster by (5+15SkillLV)%, but also lowers ASPD by (25-5SkillLV)% and walking speed by 1/3 while active.
The higher the level the lower the values, up to SkillLV 5 which has no speed reductions.
Can be shared with party members when the Devotion skill is casted on them, but the movement reduction will affect them too. Caster must have a shield equipped.
Other Notes
Level Description
1 -20% ATK, -20% ASPD
2 -35% ATK, -15% ASPD
3 -50% ATK, -10% ASPD
4 -65% ATK, -5% ASPD
5 -80% ATK, no ASPD reduction

Skill from another game (which will not be named). Notice how it has a powerful effect but also comes with draw backs and only works for the caster unless used in conjunction with other skills.

PS. Not saying game which shall not be named is good example for balance in general but in case of this skill, it was reasonably well done.

1 Like

I agree with you except with the Gohei part, hell gohei should be reworked right now too. 4 overheat and 7s cd shouldn’t even remove rank7-8 buffs, what’s the point of Disenchant when you have that.

4 Likes

Plague doctor shouldn’t have disenchant in the first place class is already stupid strong. Disenchant really should have been a enchanter skill lol.

But once again game needs a lot of re balancing.

1 Like

Can we all agree that every single skill in this game needs to be balanced for TBL and GvG. We shouldn’t ask just for a specific skill to be nerfed. We should be coming together and ask them to fix all the skills.

4 Likes

…And then wait for 3 years for all current skills to be fixed while they introduce a couple more ranks with even more OP unbalanced skills

1 Like

Yeah sure, but let’s fix Missile Hole working first such like they’re doing with Agny, so insanely strong skills/items that makes classes useless are dealt with first.