Tree of Savior Forum

[Mini Guide] chaplain skill build

As Chaplain myself, I facepalm’d on OP’s replies to criticism and additional opinions.

There really is quite a lot of flaw for this “MOST EFFECTIVE” Build. This is just purely saying “This is the one and only build you MUST follow no matter what since other build are baaaaaaaad”.

(I gonna get reported for this post am I? :V)

this is all around terrible… pls remove the word “guide” thank you

1 Like

I see, I see. Interesting how I never got in when playing party with Priests and I saw they did have it…
Moving to the stats thing then, the thing with DEX (And SPR/CON for that matter) is that you investment is actually flat sans the bonus via point investment, STR/INT on the other hand have a 10% retroactive bonus by each rank after the first one which stacks over the number of stats allocated, meaning that you are effectively getting more INT/STR each time you rank up dependant of your point investment.

By example. 50DEX on a Rank7 Cleric, which had 3 base DEX, results on 63DEX thanks to the point investment bonus.
Now, let’s try 50 points into INT, for a Rank7 Cleric which has a base of 6INT.
This results on 107INT thanks to the 60% rank bonus and then the point investment bonus. THese points effectively translate into damage (unlike DEX which is for a chance of extra damage) and heals (suplying durability for you and your party).

Both only get better and better as you invest, but due to the bonus the difference is simply too big.
Let’s compare 279 points into each one of them, meaning they are buils only on said stats.
Full DEX at 280: 361DEX.
Which transalted one 641Accuracy, 641 Evasion, 361 Crit rate with a physical attack of 289 and a critical attack of 9.
In case of a critical attack, which is just a chance, not counting equipment this is 442 Damage, obviously this can be boosted with the right equipment so be my guess.
Now, let’s go full INT shall we, 279 points in INT by Rank7: 579INT.
This translates into 859 Magical Attack, and extra damage for any other magic based skill you may have.
Not to mention a bonus to Heals aka durability from the sheer INT.
It being a flat value is 859 Damage added to any skill you may use without a ‘‘chance’’ in the middle of it (I mean, well, there’s magic amp I guess), and like in the previous example it can be boosted via equiments.

Logically I’d never recomends a pure stat build on anything, but these are just examples after all.

1 Like

yada yada.

In truth, I am not sure why you even play chaplain or cleric for that matter.

Seems you’d be better served with a swordsman.

1 Like

thanks for the solid reply Jariu, im glad there are still people like you who are willing to go into a discussion without bashing a build and just leave it at that lol. ill take some time to let it sink and make some more calculations. i might even make a seperate int based chap soon to test which works better

also ill rename the thread since people get pissed off by it

Where does it say that Aspersion damage increases with int? Unless aspersion damage just innately increases with magic attack? :V I was never certain how this works–I figured the only abilities affected by int are the ones that state they take int into consideration in their damage calculations.

not to sure either since tosbase specifically states it scales with SPR, and heal scales with INT.

Any and all magic attacks will scale with your magic attack stat on your character profile.

INT directly increases magic attack, thus…

Yes, Tosbase says the skill scales with SPR, because it does. But it also scales with magic attack since it is a magical attack.

Sigh, 401 replies in this thread is enough information to answer a lot of the questions/mistakes in this thread. It’s not even that big.

I mean, you don’t even know why [aspersion] scales with INT (also). Why are you making a guide.

It is bad enough how easy it is to screw up builds (forever). There is no need for threads spreading misinformation like this.

Skills are easy enough to reset, but I would never recommend someone go high STR or DEX in a chaplain build…

Cannot wait for your Swordsmen Best-skills- Guide!

it works perfectly fine for my level 154 chaplain, as of right now when there are no tanks present in the group missions i am the one who just face tanks the bosses since i evade all their attacks and apparently generate the most threat. my damage is high enough to 1-2 hit all monsters in the demon prison too. i almost never have to heal myself unless im fighting magic casters.

we’ll see how it holds up in a 100 more levels :slight_smile:
if it happens to flop greatly i will certainly let you all know too.

Cannot wait for your first constructive post

1 Like

Eh you gotta put the work in ya know, I’m the fucker in the guild that could as well have ‘‘Job Master’’ or some ■■■■ as the tittle.
There’s always SOMEONE in the guild that neds to know the ins and outs of everything, while also giving a fair warning of opinions, playstyles, I may have missed some info and all that.

The deal with an INT based Chaplain is that they for sure have the harder early game, as they won’t have a really reliable damage output until Rank5 where they can imbue their weapons with their INT thanks to Aspergillum (Which at the same time is what makes the build viable on the long run to begin with as it keeps you from becoming a support potato), I recommend puting a few points in DEX to assure you’ll hit just in case so all you damage buffs proc as intended. You know, never hurts to play safe.

My Chaplain is CON/SPR so to each his own, but I plan to mostly pvp.

I beg to differ my good man.

Ridiculing the Author of ‘’ Top 10 best cleric builds you need to see’’ on his ignorance of simple INT scaling of magic damage skills, is very constructive to this community.

Dare I say, I am guiding people away from wasting their stat/ skill reset potions ?

But enough of that, lets be civil here.

A question : How, with your experience and insight into the chaplain class, do you feel going 10 cure on that dex build would do ?
Personally I think it would be a cracker.
I actually think it is so good, you should add it to your Guide.
No need to thank me, here to help after all.

See, I can be just as constructive.

Ta Ta ~

nothing changes really, its a skill guide, not a stat guide. i stated why i picked dex over int or spr, Jariu gave his opinion on the matter, you however only added a bunch of useless diarrhea people will have to scroll trough.

like i said at the start of the guide, whether you pick dex or int or spr i think the skill build i provided works just as good. each has their pro’s and con’s. one is more offensive, one is defensive and one supportive.

"oh noo i didnt know int scaled with aspersion, now my whole guide is ruined ‘crying’ " is that what you hoped to hear with your poor attempt to troll me? get a life

Finally something I can get behind.

The more warning signs erected, the better.

I suppose you are right, even with full int the atrocious skill choices might still be enough to bring that special ‘’ GrandTickler-Flavour ‘’ to the table.

Now, now. 'Tis only a silly video game, lets not get emotional over this, we are adults after all ( presumably).

Tell you what, have a cupa of holy aspersion (dex scaled) on me old buddy.

Cheerio

ps. love your avatar gif.

actually got myself a full int chap that we can compare, as I disagree with full dex. There are a few reasons why I wouldn’t suggest dex or str, one being that nothing scales with them, you may not notice it early game but in the end your skills will fall hard because chapin is a “Support” class with one skill that gives it damage to carry its self between buffs and “magic” dmg. I know we want to max our dmg hell I’m guilty of the same and will be going into int/spr from now on.

From what ive read in the end dex will fall off with all classes as monster will rarely miss you, so that’s out the window in the long run most dmg mitigation will be coming from stone skin blocks.

Also the dmg from Sacrament and Last rites is negligible, really good for the extra hits to stack your ele dmg and blessing on worth picking up more support skills than this unless you want to cast less.

Tell you what, have a cupa of holy aspersion (dex scaled) on me old buddy.

Gotta crit those magic meng ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

brb taking you seriously.