Tree of Savior Forum

[Migration Poll] South American Players Assemble

ty @STAFF_Ines pls make the announcement to be more specific the barrier of language is hard btw these communities.

Ines, could you also check the TP pricing for SA server and tell us before the application period ends? I know it will be cheaper if compared to the US/EU servers, but some of us would like to know how cheaper in order to make a decision. :grin:

1 Like

Honestamente si bien la idea de tener un servidor en SA es bueno (Los servidores de Diablo 3 latino estån en Brasil, utilizando servidores de amazon, desde Chile el peor ping que tengo es 100ms, promedio 70-80) a corto plazo serå bueno, pero creo que en el largo plazo en términos de economía y cantidad de playeres disponibles para endgame partys/GvG Klaipeda seguirå siendo superior.

2 Likes

Well as even the Staff confirmed the server being owned by IMC and dealt by them will be the best option by far, I am Brazilian, I used to play other MMO’s, some along with the Brazilian Community and others with people from other countries as well, there are trolls everywhere, in every country, the difference is that Brazilians tend to be more open and willing to say and do things, as the shout is an example, I for one believe that spending TPs on Megaphones, even if it is free, without a proper usage of it is just a waste of the same, people want to troll for trolling, and that’s not an exclusive trait, that is found everywhere in the internet, learn to deal with it (there is a block function that can help with that :wink:)

I for one will be changing to the SA server for the first fact that was shown: TP price appropriate to the SA community, the server could be in Brazil or Chile (as far as I know those would be the best options) - also, if it is located in Brazil, that would put the deal between IMC and LUG at risk, it probably hurts it, although since it was agreed that there would be no ip-block to begin with, LUG do believe to be more than capable to provide a decent service for its clients, lets hope they do, and that everyone can play wherever they feel more comfortable playing at

@Deprox You could say that the difference would be the same from when the DLCs were launched, so US$49,90 would become R$90,90, wondering the price for the other SA countries, you should take that as a comparison, since that would be the Steam Market Price that will be used for it.

@elfebratt What kind of information do you hope we provide about that? The SA server is being opened to provide better latency to South American players, and as you know everyone in the region is free to play on the server, including Brazilian players. As far as I can tell there are no separate plans regarding any distinctions of player location or language.

@Deprox Noted.

5 Likes

If there is no “mandatory spanish” you might as well call it the official BR server.

1 Like

@STAFF_Ines is there any info about translation? are we going to be able to change to lug’s one? maybe the community project will be back from the dead? also, lug mentioned about some dubs, are those going to be exclusive for lug’s server or open for everyone like japanese?

That’s what I thought at first, but then it hit me: What if that’s not the case? What if they make TP just 10% cheaper? Maybe 30% cheaper or 99% cheaper (yeah, right :grin:) or even 1% cheaper (that would be sad lol).

They never said they’d use Steam regional pricing for SA server’s TP, just that it would be cheaper - and that’s vague. So an official announcement regarding that matter would be appreciated. You’re probably right, of course.

And thanks a lot, Ines. You’re the best. :grin:

Cue Wendel Bezerra as every voice. :grin:

Actually they did, when they announced the cut price from 50% to 30% on one of the patch notes they also stated that it would not be valid for the SA/SEA servers since the price for TP on those countries is already lower, will have to seek out the past posts to add the font for it.

@https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=378

It does not literally say it, and therefore I do agree with you that having such information would be nice (also, I do believe IMC would rely on Steam to do it, since Steam database and logic for pricing over it’s platform is way more accurate and its success has being proven, both by the DLCs from the SA community, as well as other games that would be completely non-affordable without it)

I looked that announcement up and what I got was:

If you do have another source for what you’re saying, please, lay it all over me. :grin:

EDIT: Ninja’d. So let’s hope Ines can get us the actual pricing, eh? :grin:

1 Like

First of all I need to test the ping in this server.

Second, the market, server Orsha seems to me very balanced.

Everyone seems so comfy on the servers, i wanna break down this really harsh for you, you won’t ever be as good as you can be in those servers because of lag(wich is gonna get way worse on release btw), you wanna be competitive or good, then make your own server grow and be good there.

Todos parecen muy comodos en sus servidores, les voy a decir las cosas de manera bruzca, jamas seran lo suficientemente buenos en esos servidores porque el ping no les va a dejar(el cual va a ser incluso peor cuando el juego sea gratis), si quieren ser realmente buenos o competitivos hagan crecer su propio server y sean buenos en el.

Todo lo que vamos a probar como comunidad es que ni entre tantos paises que componen latinomerica podemos hacer algo consistentemente como NA/EU/SEA, es tristisimo. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@STAFF_Ines So in short. “South American server” is an “English localized server” with better conditions for people who live in South America (considering TP costs and latency) 
 right?

4 Likes

Yes that’s basically it, translation takes time and investment and is safe to say that there’s not much going on for the time being

@STAFF_Ines i was thinking and here is a list.

1. Can we have the chance to test the ping of the new server?
    SA have a problem with ping because of how is distributed the internet here, some country could have better or worse ping if is only one server, i was trying to link a Riot Games articule about the ping in SA, hope i can finding.

2. If i decided to not transfer now, can i transfer in the future?

3. Can i play in others server and buy TP?

4. The price of accesories and other TP only items will be same as other servers?

5. LUG server is going to be separated of our server, in that case can the BR communitie transfer over there as well?

6. Can we have data on the number of SA players now?
    This is crucial to most of us, we dont want to play on a empty server.
    If possible by country, like i said yesterday the language is a big barrier.

so far i have these questions.

1 Like

como mexicano el servidor sudamericano me dara mas ping que el de NA, y lo mismo pasa con centroamerica y el caribe

:hushed:

Man, absolutely all your questions have already been answared by staff.

1 - You will this week. Keep your eyes on the forum.

2 - They have no news about it. IMC said you could do it when the game goes f2p, so yes till now.

3 - Yes.

4 - The price in game yes. The price IRL no.

5 - No.

6 - No. Use steam spy.

If you like details about the news, read it carefully next time, so you can get it all.

1 Like

I’m just not sure if here

he asks about brazilians transfering to LUG or SA server. :stuck_out_tongue:

Brazilians can transfer to SA server as well, can’t transfer to LUG.

LUG is running a poll about brazilians playing in Steam or planning to play on brToS. I’m afraid of them putting some pressure here :open_mouth: