Tree of Savior Forum

Merkabah:Petrification deleted? Why do you reduce Class synergies of Kabbalist?

As simple as the headline states, why do you decrease Class synergies of Kabbalist by deleting useful attributes that utilize several Classes in a build to work together?

Bokors Hexing + Merkabah with the petrification attribute is a good combo, even if the duration of petrification isn’t very long. However, it was abruptly and randomly decided to throw away this synergy? I mean sure, it seems that a skill called Nahash was planned to have the petrification effect instead, making Kabbalist with 2 petrification skills too strong but now?

Nahash never came as we know today and there is no reason left to remove the attribute other than to actively sabotage possible Class synergies of Kabbalist with Bokor.

That’s why I’d like to have the attribute back so Kabbalist has at least synergies with 1 Class, even if it’s coming from an attribute for a weak skill.

Let’s take a look at your Rank 7 Class Circle 3 for a second: Cannoneer,Dragoon,Warlock,Templar,Featherfoot,Plague Doctor,Musketeer.

Is there any of these Classes which had their attack skills nerfed by removing an attribute from it?

No.

Not a single one.

Most of them got useful C3 attributes to make their attack skills even stronger.
But Kabbalist not only did not get a single buff for Merkabah at C3, it even got it nerfed by removing the only good attribute for the skill that wasn’t linked to Circle 2 or Circle 3.
Now the skill Merkabah has not a single C1 attribute left besides the enhancement attribute…

1 Like

I just want to say that I think Kabba’s attributes that allow it to move faster, block spells, do a ranged magic attack and increase matk by a % makes it stand out enough as a class, especially when it comes to pvp. I know you think those are not enough since you love the class so much, but I think you should at least give it a chance and wait to try it yourself first when they finish with the intense class balancing.

Let’s take a look at your Rank 7 Class Circle 3 for a second: Cannoneer,Dragoon,Warlock,Templar,Featherfoot,Plague Doctor,Musketeer.

Considering the next updates, you can say that Linker Featherfoot and Falconer Musketeer got gutted by the AOE def reduction changes, but nothing that getting aoe attack gears won’t solve.

But I agree with OP, not all kabbalist builds could it use properly and it was an cool addition to bokor counterparts.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the attribute wasn’t neither broken nor useless, there was no reason to have it removed.

That’s part of the issue though. Kabbalist was changed to be only used in one situation (PvP). Even as a PvP class it isn’t that good, you have much better options.
And in PvE… No point playing it.
This class makes no sense: it has no role and it has no actual synergy with other cleric classes.

The movespeed att has synergy with bokor’s additional movespeed buff, additional matk has synergy with all int classes in the cleric tree, additional survivability has synergy with paladin and any cleric class that heals and supports. The entire cleric tree itself already has a default advantage when it comes to pvp.

In the future everyone can CC with froster lord cards too so maybe that petrfication attribute is a little overkill already? I’m not saying kabba is OP or anything but I wouldn’t call it a useless class. I think it’s better if people can let it soak for a bit before demanding for more buffs.

Actually, C1 Merkabah got buffed as the Durability attribute is now part of the skill itself, this is a good buff to the class.

Additional survivability ?
Ein Sof: It’s a nice skill, but it isn’t that useful especially when compared to other skills you can have in the cleric tree. Also only for one (or 2 at C3) person.
For Merkabah’s attribute, same.
Both the MATK buff and half chance to block magic are C3 attributes. And once again, they only count for your own character. Kabbalists are selfish, I guess ._.

I’m not saying they’re terrible, I’m saying they’re lackluster compared to other classes. Everything you said was good was only for the Kabbalist (which means pretty useless for a party play), almost only attributes (so what’s the point of all the skills ?), or things that other classes also offer but they still have more utility and/or damages. And they’re at a lower rank.
There’s a reason why Kabbalists aren’t played much.

I don’t see why you think it’s a good boost to support. Its only “support” utility is the increased heal received when buffed by Ein Sof. You can just take Kabba 1 for it though. The other circles offer nothing for support.
If you feel like using 3 circles for a couple of attributes nice for PvP… Well, your choice. I’d rather use these three circles to effectively help my party and increase my overall utility.
What’s annoying I think is that even if these attributes are good, the class itself isn’t. If Kabbalist was at a lower rank maybe we could take those three circles mostly for the attributes, but Kabba definitely isn’t on the same level as the other R7/8/9 classes.
The class also seemed to be different and interesting at first, but in the end it does nothing.

Any support will be a better support if they can survive well. Just having magic block will make them a lot harder to kill in tbl and guild wars, making them a lower priority for enemy magic casters. If they aren’t targeted by magic casters as much or don’t need to heal themselves as much, that means they can support others more.

Look I’m gonna be frank here, at this point I feel like you guys are insisting that IMC bring kabbalist to whatever direction you want. The full updates haven’t even arrived and you’re already trying to make it like all the things kabbalist gets count for nothing. So what if it’s only useful for pvp? or more selfish than other supports? Or only worth getting at c3? You can’t have classes be capable of doing everything. If after all the updates come and kabbalist still gets destroyed by mages, are unable to keep up with mobile front liners in guild wars and tbl cause they run slow and whatever then that’s when you can say they have nothing to them.