Tree of Savior Forum

Melee Paladin build. Leave your opinion pls. :D

Hi! I’m trying to figure a build for my paladin and i’m trying to make it kinda hybrid between support/melee “dps”. I know i’ll never dps as hard as a archer or wizz BUT…they’ll never heal/keep team alive like i will. ; )

Here is my personal build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/2woo7y83fc/

Priest is to buff / heal / ress
Monk is the class i’m using to boost my dps and be able to do something by myself without needing my team to carry me…i’m not a fan of staying behind just landing some heals here and there, i wanna be in the frontline dealing some damage and heals like a true paladin should.
Paladin is…well it’s the paladin i’m trying to build, right? Not much to say, the skill’s are pretty obvious since the other 2 suks and i cant get C3 on paladin(yet).

About the points invested’s i’m not that sure so i need your opinion, should i decrease or increase some or that’s fine? On cbt i tryied all classes but cleric stayed cleric so…i’m not a database person when we’re talking about clerics. :s

And for stats i’m going to put 1 point con every single lvl till the end cuz i want to be able to take some hit’s and survive to keep fighting and keeping my team alive. As for the rest i’ll put str of course and not sure about dex…should i leave dex at “0” or 100 150 and the rest on str?

Just to be crystal clear i’m not aiming to be a support nor a dps but something in between SO…please don’t tell me “this will not support as good as bla bla bla” or “if you want to dps just pick another class such as wizz” and stuff like that. I already know that i’m not building a marvelous supp and not going to demolish the enemy team. AND…something i forgot to mention but i need to is: I’ll do PvE of course but i’ll focus PvP/GvG more. I want to be at least good on PvE so i can do some dungeons/bosses with friends and guild.

TY all for the help! : )

Come on…no one? : (

I tried this during CBT, picking up C1-Paladin. Instead of C-3 Priest before Monk. I can say I felt like I ruined my character at this point, because the utility of C3 Priest is simply vastly better than C1-Paladin.

Smite is pretty much worthless as a damage skill until later Paladin circles. Even then I think the Monk skills are superior. I found myself simply not using the Paladin abilities hardly at all. Well except for the buffs.

But again C1-Cleric, C3-Priest into Monk is simply better.

What kind of answer did you expect when you already said it all. From my understanding any build is viable but you won’t do great when you’re not comitting to dps, support, pvp, end game stuff and gvg.

If you like monk go all out on monk c3 even when some said monk is not great. When you try to get a bit of everything then you can’t expect much with the result.

Same with stats, you can go all con or with some str so you just have to know that your char won’t do as much as others. And you don’t have to put any point in dex for pve/support but hitting some char in pvp/gvg might be frustrating.

Tldr just go for it.

Hm, I guess I can see what you are looking for… Actually, regardless of my personal opinion, I think it’s nice seeing people trying to experiment and doing what they feel it’s right for them to play, not what is expected or what everyone is doing.

It’s difficult to tell you to drop or raise points here and there because this should feel like your build, well… I know you want to split between support and dps but if you want to keep your party alive you need to have a decent heal, Heal 5 is not enough and this will not be compensated by having Mass Heal 5 - Restoration will improve your healing, don’t forget to use it if you are keeping Paladin in your build!

Why not having something like C1Cleric - C3Priest - C3Monk? Or C1Cleric - C3Priest - C2Monk - C1Paladin, if you really want to keep Paladin (I personally would get the first option to invest in a better Monk because just C1Paladin is not that great). It’s true that Heal 5 from C2Cleric would be enough to keep a party alive but I think you could make good use of some of the C3Priest build if you are also going for dps. Choose between having Heal 10 or Mass Heal 10, having them both 5 would be a waste…

Btw, I’m not sure if you will need 5 Revive and 5 Monstrance, maybe you could drop a few points to invest in something else? You can keep 1 Monstrance for the DEX boost, I don’t think it’s worth investing more than that in this skill.

Will be better for PvE if you Invest in STR but also get some CON for later and for some occasional PvP/GvG so you don’t die immediately.

Haha I’m really not sure how to suggest changes without invading your idea of build, and I do respect that! Anyway, good luck with your character :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cuz i wanna be a Paladin! T_T
Paladin is what i want to build so that’s why i’ll not invest in monk anymore, monk is here just to boost dps cuz only smite i’m sure will not be enough and since i wont be a marvelous supp i cant waste my supp skills to dps.

People say that a paladin C1~C2 suks and you need to build it C3 or nothing BUT i dont think barrier is that great and if i choose to go C3 pala it would be only for restoration and smite but doing that would need monk C1 and i will lost the energy blast and i’m kinda depending on it to deal more damage.
Also i could change priest for cleric C2 for more heals but will lose revive.
What you think on that?

Oh, that changes things! I thought you were more inclined to go for Monk! xD
In this case I suggest you to get Cleric C2 > Priest C1 (if you want Resurrection) or Diev C1 > Paladin C3.
Cleric C2 is good because with only two ranks it improves your healing with extra tiles, gives you a good defensive skill (Safety Zone with + 20 hits bonus), Divine Might and Fade (1 is enough imo).

(I have a soft spot for Paladin too :heart: hehe)

I wouldn’t say Paladin C1~C2 sucks that much, it’s just kind of incomplete and will not be that useful for your build if you don’t go for C3 to improve what you already have and get the other two skills. Imo if you want to go Paladin you need to commit to make things work properly!

When you get Paladin C3 you will have not only Barrier, which is a good skill, but also Conviction. Conviction works in a combo with Smite and will add well to your dps if you invest in STR.

I’ll do something like that…as far as i can see it’s not gonna work and it’s kinda like RO, you can’t mix roles so i’ll accept the supp role and i’ll deal the max damage i can but i still think i’ll stay in the backline only helping my team and being carried x.x
Also i’m asking for opinion in my supp build in a new topic. If you want to check it up here it is. I’ll try to do it more tanky with STR…hope this one works.

If I were you I would drop 2 points from Cure and add to Divine Might, it will be more useful to you in a STR Paladin, but this is my personal opinion - some people like to have Cure 5 even without INT (and remember that there are INT Paladins too)! I’m not sure about that 4 points in Monstrance, but again… personal opinion.
To be honest you would get Priest C1 mainly because of Ress 5 so it’s pretty much up to you what to do with the other Priest points!

Oh! And about PD, I didn’t have the chance of testing it but if you do some research you will see a few players suggesting Bloodletting 5 - it seems to be a very good skill. I consider this is a difficult choice because 1 Pandemic looks good to have (it works well with Incineration) and 1 Fumigate perhaps can help during an emergency, I think you don’t need Beak Mask. Well, you will have some time to think and research before getting to rank 7!

You can be a decent healer (Heal 10 + Restoration improving healing, plus Healing Factor when you get to PD) depending on how you will play/build your Paladin and still give protection and some dps to your party, you definitely will not be an amazing dps if you compare to other dps focused builds, but hey… You are not building a killing machine! Don’t look at your Paladin as a weight your party will need to carry around, it has its value.

I think Paladins are in great need of hugs hahaha

1 Like

I don’t know exactly how Divine Might works so this “Applies 1 times” is confusing me…what is this? The number of members this will buff? That’s why i’m investing more on cure.
And for monstrance…well…what else will i lvl up? Aspersion people say suks at high lvl so 1 is good enough and fade is the same…lvl 1 is fine.
As for the PD you are right…we know almost nothing about it so i’ll give it some days to people to tell more about it and then i’ll decide what to lvl up but healing factor and inc are lvl 5 FOR SURE(cuz it’s beautiful -).

I’m back and forth between Paladin or Archer. I can say I PM’ed a few people who played Paladin in the last beta or on Korean and one guy said about taking Priest C1…

" the personal bonus isn’t a big deal and if your thinking your going to buff your party then you’d be wrong. Most parties WILL have a full support priest and you’ll only overwrite his/her better buffs with your weak ones. Taking Priest C1 made me feel like I wasted a ranking because I almost never got to use to use the skills I got in Priest with the intention I had in mind, Helping others."

On that note, I had also read that Diev’s carve scales off STR if your going str pally and they get a nice group cooldown reduction skill and a nice skill that reduces skills sp cost that will help your party in a utility way. (not to mention you get a warp skill) The build that I would take would be Cleric C2 > Diev > Pally C3 > idk for R7 but you got time to figure that out. That would allow you decent dps with Smite/carve/pally combo’s, Area buffs with statues, strong heal to help support and barrier for clutch situations.

If your going the Int pally route I have much less to say because there’s not alot of info on it but i’d prob go Krivis for Zaibas.

And here i’ll tell it again…you cant mix skills right? If you want to support you need to go full support, if you want to CC you need to go full CC, if you want to tank you need to go full tank and if you want to dps you need to go full dps…

And you’re right, most parties will have a full support…so why paladin? Why would anyone pick up paladin if you can’t do anything good with it? Cuz as i can see if you want to pick a cleric class the only way to role it is supp…want to dps go for a dps class, right?

I know Diev is a way to go on paladin but i just think it’s ridiculous…everyone casting some amazing skills with fire and earthshaking blows and i’ll be doing some art in wood? No…that’s not for me, not at all! :s

What about something like this?

I played a cleric in the last CBT and was able to dps and support fine, but dont expect your dps as good as someone fully specced for dps or your support to be as good as someone fully specced for support. Cant be great at everything.

So it would be more like you spec for dps and be secondary support, or spec support and be secondary dps.

I have 2 builds i will be making for cleric that i dont give out since i want to be unique, but heres an example if you want to do both.

str paladin

I was going to break everything down, but the post would be kinda long.You have quite a bit of support skills that dont rely on having alot of int and 6 attack skills that scale with str. I wouldn’t go paladin unless you go C3

Liked it but it’s kinda same…and i would change this monk for PD.

Ty for trying to help but…[quote=“Lockius, post:12, topic:155445”]
I know Diev is a way to go on paladin but i just think it’s ridiculous…everyone casting some amazing skills with fire and earthshaking blows and i’ll be doing some art in wood? No…that’s not for me, not at all! :s
[/quote]

I have to echo Gringe, this was my experience as well playing a str paladin in icb2. I had no problem soloing or supporting a party, but by no means will you be considered a “main dps” in a group setting. And other class combos are better for full support but a paladin isn’t bad. Your role in a group just changes as needed.

I did priest3 pally3 in beta but will probably go cleric2 diev1 pally3 this time since diev has been improved. I think diev statues would benefit a group more than one circle of priest and carve will give you another damage skill if you go the str route. That being said, I’d go str on a paladin no question, there’s just more synergy there than an int build.

But i don’t wanna be the badass destroyer dps…i just want to be able to deal some damage on my own cuz i aim for pvp/gvg and only heals will not do the trick if someone is trying to kill me. :s

@Lockius Divine Might 5 will give you and your party +1 lvl applied to 5 skills you use. Example: You use Divine Might 5 and then Heal 10 and Safety Zone 10, they will both work as Heal 11 and Safety Zone 11 (2 uses of 5). You have 5 uses of this effect, your party as well. I am terrible explaining this kind of stuff, or explaining stuff in general hahaha
I hope I made myself clear @@

Yeah, that’s the “deal”… if you are really going for Ress 5 you will have some crappy undeveloped Priest buffs. Sacrifices are made in both sides, Diev Paladin will not have Ress, and Priest Paladin will have a whole rank just for Ress.

You don’t need to be a full support to support, no! And remember that later in the game a support that can contribute to dps and defense will be useful and desirable if you play well. That’s the cool thing about a game with so many combinations, it’s not about extremes of the same thing!
And seriously, Paladins can be great healers! Not the best buffers but this is compensated by all the other things paladins can do for a party, and they are great for PvE. Flexibility is the word!

… and they are fab. :dark_sunglasses:
Ahem.

@animositygamers What you said is true, but there will be some parties that will want only one Cleric (and the C1 buffs will be crappy indeed with or without other Priest in the party). Other thing to consider is PvP and GvG, some players get Ress 5 for that too.
Having the Priest C1 is still a valid option, but it has a cost.

I try not to push too much for what I think it’s good for me, only when people ask for my personal opinion about the way they should take, normally I just present the options I know and give my honest opinion about what other people wants. Despite opinions in general I believe every build can be put to good use when the player is comfortable with it and aware of its advantages and limitations.

I will make a Paladin C3 and will have Diev C1, I personally prefer that too and it fits my way of playing. Of course I would like to have Ress, I love it <3, but I’m not willing to use a whole rank just to invest in one skill - and plus, I play with a bunch of skilled good friends in a planned party, I probably will not play that much outside my group and we are not into PvP. So, this is something that affects my build.

Btw, about the Vakarine statue warp skill, it’s not that useful. Most people will have scrolls ready to use, this 1 point could be in Carve :slight_smile: (and yeah, Carve scales with STR!)

@Lockius
I feel that you still don’t have clear what exactly you plan to play in the game. Do you imagine a specific role in a party? Do you want to PvP, PvE? Can you describe your idea so we can suggest something more suitable for you?

Take cleric for C3 then instead of Diev. Same idea, but with more heals and no statues. You also lose a melee attack. Options are kind of limited at C3 if you want to be a melee paladin.

I dont think priest is worth it unless you go C3 either. if people want a priest in their party they will probably go with someone a C3 priest for stoneskin and if they have another preist in your party most of your priest skills are useless.