Tree of Savior Forum

Mechanic of wheels and the upcoming patch notes! Staff and Developers,read this!

So, after following through the changes to Merkabah since its applyance in December last year, I’ve always asked myself the question: “Do the developers know about the mechanics of wheels?”

Let’s look at the patch notes first:

Merkabah

• Divine Chariots will now deal damage do enemies whenever they cross their path.
  • Max. number of hits = 1 per chariot [skill level x 10 times].

This is what it looks like ingame:

Not commenting about it yet, let’s compare it with the other wheel skill, Breaking Wheel:
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160805/22_db_8rc_inquisitor4.gif

Now let’s compare: Both skills are featuring spinning wheels, both skills are hitting enemies, and both skills have a considerably longer CD time then uptime.

So why is it that only Merkabah hits 1 time per enemy while Breaking Wheel hits an unlimited amount of times?

The answer is as simple as shocking: The developers have no idea what they are even doing!

If we look at Breaking wheel, we can notice that the wheel spins counter-clockwise while immovable.
So why is this important?

See the spikes on the frame of the wheel? They will basically act like “bats” when coming in contact with a monster.

If the monster was to stand in front of the spinning wheel and came in contact with the spinning spikes, the spike would crash/pierce into the victim, lifting it off the ground and throwing it backwards/knocking it back.

Meanwhile, if the monster was to stand behind the wheel, the spike would hit the monster from above and drag it towards the center effectively pulling the monster, resulting in a knockdown.

In both cases, multiple hits wouldn’t be possible unless the monster was pushed into the wheel from below/above by gravitational force amplification/reduction/counter gravity.

On the other hand, we have Merkabah. See how those wheels are moving in clockwise direction? They are moving the same direction as machinery cogwheels, and wheels on cars,carts,trains,planes,etc.

If you were to get hit by these wheels, you’d get instantly knocked down and rolled over, resulting in heavy injuries up to traumatic amputations of body segments, and remember that you get rolled over by several of these wheels. This would result into being disabled until your completely run over by all wheels, resulting in multiple times damage taken by the shift of the gravitational center of the wheel rolling over your body, and applying damage to every single parts of the body that gets caught in the movement.

This is what happens in every accident that involves people getting run over by wheeled vehicles, often leading to permanent amputation/disability up to fatality.

But it gets even worse as you can also get caught inbetween the spokes or those rotating cicular-shaped wheels rotation inside the chariots, leading to injuries up to total disembodiment.

Please fix this ridiculous miscalculation on your side, remove the hit limit of Merkabah and make it viable to deal continuous damage like Breaking Wheel does (even if breaking wheel is defying physics)!!!

3 Likes

Then they’ll have to make it so Merkabah costs a reagent that weighs 10 tons too. I’ll pass.

Make arrows of archer perma slow per hit cause arrows gets stuck in the body and cause bleeding when arrow is gone.

Plz

Lol… Are you high? I read this and I find it ridiculously funny.

This is a game and not reality and you cant just compare two skills that uses wheels as an animation for execution.

swinging a big ass sword

sorry, the best i can hit is 3monsters

-a sad swordman-
-imc logic-
-huehuehue-

1 Like

If you want it to be more realistic then you should be hitting a single monster, and you’d need some time to recover from your attack since your big ass sword is plunged on the monster’s carcass.

do u even Guts ?

might as well drain stamina for each swing like DWA

3 Likes

I can because it’s so nuts and contradictory.

Basically Merkabah is doing what Breaking Wheel should be doing and Breaking Wheel is doing what Merkabah should be doing.

This is a game and not reality

So why are they trying so hard to apply physics here and there?
Why do things catch fire or freeze, why does gravity pull you down, why does impact force knock you down/back?
I’m arguing on what I see inside the game, not on what would happen in reality (because heck, this game would be a bloody nightmare of brains, limbs and bowels everywhere).

Based on how this game makes use of impact, gravity and division of damage into hits (fake& true multihits), these two skills don’t make any sense but are contradictory to every other skills I’ve seen so far.
In fact, just look at how the Breaking Wheel even pulls that Hohen-whatever in although it’s spinning counter clockwise.

It’s as if the Gray Golems punching attacks would not knock you back but suck you in, an irregular direction of force displayed here.

Also, I would’ve stayed silent since the game didn’t feature the chariots hitting the monsters until the change, but the developers stated themselves that :

“When the Merkabah chariot went through enemies, it was kind of awkward that no damage was being dealt around it. We have made changes to this skill so that it can harm enemies it passes through aswell, to increase the usability of this skill by Kabbalists.”

If they state themselves that they felt it was awkward for them, I’d guess it’s allright to state that judging from the other mechanics/physics of the game, Merkabahs pass-through damage is still not working as it’s supposed to, according to the game logic.

Kabalist is a supportive class,

Inquisitor is a offensive class,

Simple.

2 Likes

My point is that it is a game therefore they can take the liberty to do whatever they want. While, yes, there is some semblance of “physics” it is not 100% accurate.

Sure you know, go ahead and compare then. But its pointless, because its like comparing a cat and a dog while looking for its ability to fly.

How come a pistol can hit 15 targets at once? (Retreat Shot)
How come the same pistol hits only one or a few targets the rest of the time?
If Cataphract’s Rush is suppose to have the spear be spun overhead, why is it able to hit the cockroach looking mobs which are small and on the ground?
How come Dragoon’s skills are so much more powerful when they pretty much have the same animation as the earlier spear class skills? What’s the difference in terms of physics between Stabbing and Serpentine, Doom Spike and Dragontooth, Spear Throw/Dethrone/Gae Bulg?
How come Fireball can be hit?

Bottomline, there ain’t no physics in this game.

I was very much looking forward to this… but after testing it myself … it does almost nothing… it’s like getting 1 extra hit on the monster that’s it…

Sadhu is also an “offensive” Class but is bad at dealing damage.
Plague Doctor is also a “support” Class, but so much better at dealing damage and supporting than 90% of the Cleric Classes, no matter if they are supporter or damage dealer.

Arguing with a broken system makes ± no sense.
If Kabbalist isn’t supposed to deal damage, you can scrap the whole Class, because this game has no mechanics that support anything else than dealing damage.

Also, did you look at the suposedly “support” skills of Kabbalist?
There is no useful support skill in the whole skillset.
Ein Sof is limited to 1 player only, all other skills are debuff skills with retarded effects and high CD times that makes them very abysmal…

About the new Merkabah nerf. Yes, it’s a nerf. Not a buff. Thanks to the damage dealing effect, which is pretty abysmal in numbers, all monsters around the chariots now get aggroed towards the Kabbalist instead of the chariots. According to the developers:

[…] It will also receive an attribute that will reduce the movement speed of enemies allowing it to become a tank in party play.

Tank my foot. It now lures all the mobs onto the Kabbalist, tyvm for the nerf. Not only does the Divine Protection attribute not work against physical attacks (bugged since the beginning), now we even get targeted for casting Merkabah.

Have you tried riding it? Since you get aggro then all mobs will go to ur wheel.