Tree of Savior Forum

Max Clvl, Skills, Elements

Hi. What about to give bigger Max Clvl to rising Ranks? Look… If you choose to be an Archer 2 times, you will be able to have only half of all skills (maxed). Won’t it be better to give every new rank +5 skill points?
Thanks for answer.

Edit: +I would love when each class had their “upper” skills automaticly, and they had requirements. Then, does ToS seem to you so non-Element based too? Each Wizard class has specific Element, so does it matter to attack Fire Element with Water?

Pretty sure you get +15 skill points per circle even if you go circle 3 of the same job.

Is that what you were asking?

That’s the beauty of class building. If you add more points, then players of the same class will be less distinct from one another, and no one wants that really.

1 Like

Some people want that, (really).

That being said, this is fine.
It will all eventually even out but there’s the possibility for even the exact same class builds to diversify into variants. Which is awesome.

1 Like

depends on what new skills you get, when you are deciding to take the same class agian <3

But if you go circle, you will lose upper rank skills, and if not, you will lose extra skills ._.

You’ll need to explain more clearly because I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

As it stands, the choice they are giving you is to either have many skills at low effectiveness, or few skills at high effectiveness.

Similarly to the classes. You can either have a little taste of most jobs on your character. Or get the most out of only a couple of jobs.

It seems like a pretty fair trade off.

Sorry for being so not understandable. I mean, when I go circle 3 times with Archer, I will lose chance to be Ranger, Quarrel Shooter, Hunter and Sapper forever. But If i won’t go circles, I will lose their upper rank skills. There are 45 possibilities, how to build class. try here : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

That’s how the builds work.
You can’t add everything.
That way there’s more build types(variants) than if it were ‘you can level this skill to the max’.
That’s the whole idea of this skill system.

You give up something for something else and it makes your build different from others.
VARIETY

Well I don’t really want to add everything, but tohave 45 possibilities how to build a class…

I thought that was what you were saying, but you’re already getting something for giving up on those other classes. each circle you stick with a specific job you unlock higher more iconic skills in that job. Like Monk for example, if you only go Monk circle one you miss out on Sunray Hands (Aka: Massive cool looking energy attack). You can either go one of the higher jobs or you can stay Monk and get cooler skills.

Its not unfair, they are giving you choices and making it so you really have to think about what you want. I think it makes the game more interesting. Also more frustrating sure, but if you could just have everything, nothing would have much value.

not everything, but 33% more.

O_o if the skills you get from going circle 2 or 3 of a class aren’t attractive enough you can always go a different job each circle. then you wont miss out?

okay then… What would you choose? Ability to have a supporting pet, or time bomb arrow? I still think 45 possibilities is much, cause every class has an attractive skill.

The idea is that there are many different ways to build characters.

It also serves to reduce individual characters’ powers a bit, perhaps encouraging more party play.

Jack of all trades or master of one, as they say. You can stay one class multiple times to get more powerful skills, or diversify into different classes.

It might be best to repeat your base class if you’re not confident at action RPG’s, since it means you don’t need to handle too many skills or worry about weapon switching. Entirely up to you though. I doubt they’ve developed it so anyone is penalized for picking certain builds.

What about INT swordie? >,<

There’s so many possibilities because there’s so many different type of players / play styles.
That what makes it fun to play. You can play whatever you want at some point and if you want to try it differently, you just need to make another character or respec(skill-wise).
But like any other things, some can’t make decision when there’s so many choices. So try it out, then reset if it’s not the right thing for you. :wink:
In that case, you won’t lose your time, you’ll gain more experience :sunglasses:

Well okay… But as a 14 years old boy I really don’t have time to try all the 45 combinations for each Class. I can play about for 2 hours per day, only when I am at grandma’s I can play with no limits. :((

In that case, start with the archetype you like most to play in rpgs. (Damage dealer, Tank, Healer, Range, Support, Traps, Poison…)
Then, since we have time before the beta and release, just check out the many videos on youtube and the wikis that are around with beta info and start a build using the skill at http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ .
It won’t be much but it might give you a general idea of what you can get depending on you tastes/gameplay.