Tree of Savior Forum

Matador is here

Kek, I was going to post this. Netherbovine will probably be the Matador advancement quest boss, IMC has no soul.

2 Likes

i wish my pc ran ToS like that… :cry:

They plan to delete every job advancement quest except for hidden classes :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

In fact you will not need to do quest until the 7th rank classes, however the 8th rank classes will have quest similar to the hidden classes.

“We’re doing away with advancement quests for any new classes to come. Instead, we’re opting for a system where your character will have to fulfill certain requirements before talking to the Class Master in order to advance. This is similar to how current hidden classes work, although the requirements won’t be as difficult to achieve.”

1 Like

icon_warri_capote
SOMEONE CONTACT PETA

3 Likes

With this it is clear that Fencer’s best progression is Fencer 3 into Matador 1. Matador 2 doesn’t even raise Matador 1’s skills to level 10 according to the skill calculator
Matador 1 has all the skills that complement Fencer, without giving up on Fencer 3’s best skills (Epee, Flash, Balestra, Au fer)
Matador 2 only brings a knockdown skill and a backward-sliding skill which are pretty gimmicky. Knockdowns are useless in PVP these days due to Gazing Golem card and useless against bosses, but the backslide move could be useful in escaping from a tough situation in TBL, although not necessary (don’t be in the wrong position in the first place).
This is without considering futureproofing (Matador 3, if there ever is such a thing)

With Matador 1 it’s pretty clear what the best picks are: Capote, Paena/Faena and ¡Olé!.
Paena/Faena will be OP with its attribute, stacked with Composee, Epee, Preparation, Capote and ¡Olé!.combined together.

Nope, the ktest skill planner is just not fully updated.

Is it only shield? Google translate includes subweapons.

1 Like

Ah right, makes sense that there’d be level 10 of those c1 skills.

Still, I don’t think 5 levels of Paena is worth giving up Epee, Flash, Balestra and Au fer, especially that Epee.
¡Olé! lv 5 vs lv 10 is only 10% crit rate difference and doesn’t make up for the Epee buff.
I would still go Fencer 3 > Matador 1.

@Schved I wouldn’t rely on descriptions at this point, hopefully someone can actually test it out. Either way, even if you have to unequip your dagger for this skill it can still be done via weapon swap, it’ll just be a pain to use that’s all.

Edit: Also to mention, it’s sad that Matador is not going to change Fencer/Matador’s position in PVP - the stronger skills and buffs/debuffs still don’t help against high HP/CON/block Solmiki whales. Matador seems to carry on with the theme of not allowing you to wear shields in order to maximize damage, which still makes them very vulnerable in PVP.

Looks like Fencer/Matador is doomed to be a PVE Bossing machine…

Edit 2: Also if you don’t take Fencer 3 then you lose out on Balestra, which is your only form of AOE damage. Matador’s skills don’t seem like they are designed for AOE.

almost all swordsman skills can do aoe damage. I can hit 6 medium mobs with composee, everything else comes from your supports, I don’t get this no aoe meme. narrow hitbox is a better term

for pvp you can fit in murmillo c1 now at r9 and switch dagger/shield as the situation calls

main concern right now is paena’s attribute, you need to remove your dagger before using it to enjoy that risk taking attribute, I hope they rework it to work with daggers at least (like rapier mastery: aggression)

You have a crit Boost so not taking Fencer c3 would be a waste…
And the Risk attribute is wierd…^^"

Matador

how do you hit 12 AoE atk ratio with +0 AoE skills on Rapier-using class?

Base 4
Solmiki Leather Glove 1
Solmiki Leather Necklace 1
Black Horn 1
Phada2x 2
Skewer Squire Food 3
Total : 12

or if you’re looking for something cheaper
Base 4
Vubbe Gloves 2
Black Horn 1
Gladiator Bands 2x 2
Skewer Squire Food 3
Total : 12

1 Like

Which would be fine if it was even optimal for that lol

1 Like

Actually, It’s 11 aoe atk ratio for six mobs. And as @hubertorito mentioned, there’s a lot of options.

IMO everyone should look for at least 7 aoe atk ratio (four medium mobs), 7 is good enough for most things already like farming on open fields for materials.

Since I don’t have any phadas/glads and I like to keep my sissels, this is what I usually use for aoe ratio:

5 aoe ratio for 3 mobs: Black Horn (+1)
7 aoe ratio for 4 mobs: BH (+1) + Vubbe Fighter Gloves (+2) or Solmiki Gloves (+1) + one aoe ratio hat if somehow I need more def/mdef (I paid 500k for one aoe ratio pudding back in the days, kek). 7 is good when you aren’t in a tryhard farming mod so you don’t need to login your squire and etc

9 aoe ratio for 5 mobs: BH (+1) + Squire Food (+3) + Solmiki Leather Gloves (+1). Good balance of atk (since I can keep 3 physical atk hats), aoe ratio and defense (vubbe’s def is shit)
11 aoe ratio for 6 mobs: BH (+1) Squire Food (+3) +1 aoe ratio hat (+1), Vubbe (+2). I’m going to craft a phada one day maybe… so I can keep the solmiki gloves while using the 11 aoe ratio setup lol

edit: special mention
6 aoe ratio (so you ca hit two bosses like in siauliau): BH + solmiki leather gloves

There’s also a alchemist potion that gives +3 aoe ratio for 90 seconds (60 seconds CD) and many other items like that new world boss accessory set, but they are expensive as ■■■■. Regardless, you’re locked in 4 aoe mobs only if you want to suffer

Played some Matador and frankly I find this class to be not as expected.

However, if you want to use it for a filler rank, Matador is actually good for Fencer utility with its critical buff (even with only one circle), taunt (if you took peltasta only for taunt, Matador pretty much has a better version, considering only one circle) and a new skill that will fit nicely on the downtime of fencer combo.

Back dash is just what it names says and Paso Doble is another pierce damage, so yeah, one rank is fine for now.

Hope they make something more shiny on circle3.

Matador 2 is a huge trap imho. It would probably shine as circle 3 but not atm. Fencer 3 kit is just way better. Not to mention lolo/solmiki rapiers exist. Can’t complain too much though since Doppel 3 didn’t even get a new class that fits with it.

It’s definitely nowhere near Murmillo, but at least it can add smth to Corsair c3.
And its definitely not fencer-compatible.

I hope some time in the future they’ll make another route for Fencer, I’m not feeling Matador that much. Well it looks like I’ll wait for my Doppel to get it’s next class progression, I’ll just be Naruto or some other class in the meantime once we get the patch. :joy: