Tree of Savior Forum

Marriage System!? Player Housing!? Actual Fishing!?

Why…? We all know this was a discussion already explored multiple times in the past. However, with the new wedding event and costumes, I definitely think it could be possible to have a marriage system in the game. I also think this event can help spark the conversation of a potential marriage system. I think there are many different ways of going about this, first you could have it be a class that provides a wedding like a pastor or anything. Whether it be rank 9 or hidden class, I think the concept would be cool and a lot of people would be open to it. Another way in which you could implement the wedding system would be to have a npc in town provide the wedding and set invitations. In terms of the wedding itself, I think depending on the pastors skill level that could change how / where the marriage is taking place. For example is could be in a huge church, in klaipeda, at the amusement park. Also, the pastor levels could increase the amount of players past the base level of invitations for friends to come.

Purpose of marriage: I think there should be some point in getting married, for example when the couple is hunting together they get like: 10% bonus exp, 1% bonus con/dex/str/spr, etc… Nothing to game breaking but definitely something that motivates players to want to do it. I also, think there could be a shared inventory between the married couples.

Player housing: I also think there could be a classes that revolves around player housing, like a realtor or architect. I think it would be cool to be able to have a house where a person or couple can live and raise something like a pet (together or separate) inside the home. I think they could be set up in the format of something similar to guild towers. Where it’s a small area occupied and can be used by the owner and whoever wishes to enter. OR it could be setup on a separate map / area where its solely based for houses alone.

Fishing!? By fishing I just meant an actual activity outside of farming that could spark the interest of many people who want to come back to the game. This can be done through professions like fishing, farming, etc… Or through mini-games with a top rankings chart like, co-op type puzzles, chess, checkers, minesweeper…

TLDR; All in all, I get that this would be VERYYYYYYYY far into the future. However, I think the concept would fit this game perfectly ! I also, would love to see people continue playing and having that option open to have fun in multiple ways. As well as, giving them a reason other then daily dungeons and grinding to come back to this mmo. Again, with the new event and costumes the idea just sparked in my head and I thought it would very cool to incorporate.
(Thanks to all! who read this and give me their input, all opinions are appreciated and welcomed)

6 Likes

Very often I see complaints about the lack of a social aspect in the game, since people just rush through the content and barely interact. Marriage could potentialy solve it, but could also reinforce it further. Like, people getting “married” just for the buffs, and not even knowing each other.

Allow me to bring Ragnarok Online to discussion. I know they are different games, but RO also implemented a wedding system at some point, and it gave the married players an ability to summon their partner to the map they were at. What happened? Every guild leader got someone to play an account of the opposite gender, just so they could marry and the person could summon the guild leader to enemy castles during WoE, so that they could recall the guild. People were very quick to use the system for their benefit without caring about the actual marriage at all.

Of course, some players made use of the resource in a way to bound more strongly with someone they had an affinity with in-game, but the system was abused nonetheless. I could see this happening here, as well.

Housing sounds pretty cool, and could incorporate the lobby each player already has. Maybe once they expand it further, more indepth housing options will become available.

If they implement fishing, they also should implement cooking. Having a chef class would be great! Maybe a hidden class after Alchemist? Many people have a lot of fun cooking, and getting ingredients from rare monsters in order to make more potent food would be great too (a good nod to Toriko, hehe).

3 Likes

Weddings should be a new attribute given to Priests.

Performing a wedding should take 5-10mins, and apply various visual effects throughout the ceremony attracting a crowd of onlookers performed in a city.

Getting married should cost a decent chunk of money.

Marriage should confer various benefits, visual effects, some couple-only emotes. Obviously a warp function, but lock it during any guild related activities. Revive when not in combat. Couple snacks they can cook for each other(caaaakes) Etc.

In order to get married you must raise your intimacy score with your partner first. Earned through doing dungeons with your partner, performing social activities, and other things that the game might want to encourage to occur.

Divorce should cost money if both players do not agree to the divorce.

6 Likes

I have been hoping all the marriage stuff we have been getting lately was a hint to marriage becoming a thing in the game.

We don’t even need a new class to hold the weddings, just give the Priest class an attribute. Maybe make it Priest3 exclusive or something you can only do wearing the priest c3 costume. Make it so you can buy a marriage licence and rings from the Priest Master.

You could have a few places in the game that is cut off with barriers so monsters cant enter where you are able to perform weddings. Like the room in Tenet Church F1 where the teleport statue are. A spot on a garden map, a snow map and a sakura tree map would also be nice. Or you could make it so if you use the Marriage book item, a barrier would come up and you could only perform the marriage there.

The wedding ring item could be an armband or bracelet that you wear that gives you bonus exp when you are with your bride/groom as you mentioned or it will give you the ability to teleport to them in the same way as the Templar skill.

My thoughts on the fishing idea, as I do not think it’s that far off:

Just so you are aware, as I just posted in the wrong place myself, there is a Suggestion – Game you can post this in, instead of General Discussion. You can press Edit and change where it is posted there. If it makes a difference where you post it when it comes to if the staff reads it or not, I do not know.

@Vektor Wedding systems in every games can be “abused” to some point. I also know a lot of people who marry just for the advantages… But what’s the big deal ?
The advantages proposed here aren’t game breaking in any way, so let people marry for profit (like it happens IRL (a)) if they want to, and let other people marry for the fun if they want to.

For wedding systems, I personally like when you can upgrade the wedding. By talking to each other, being in the same party, doing instances together, etc…

Housing would be so great.
In my opinion they missed an opportunity to add it with the Guild tower already. It’s a home for the Guild… why not allow guildmates to put furnitures, to customize it so your Guild truly becomes your home ? (and add fun casual mini-games for the guildmates to bond when they have “nothing else” to do or don’t feel like it)
But a personal house system is good too. A house that you can share with the one you married and/or your friends.

They will add fishing in the new Klaipeda area. At least it’s something they want to do~

I really think TOS is missing on the social side. Players don’t have that much reason to interact with each other… It can make this game feel lonely for some.
And sure, some players prefer playing alone, and that’s fine, but players who like to meet and have fun with others don’t have any real social events/activities to do it.
(Time to add a Tavern where we can get drunk and gamble Practonium, weeeeh~~)

1 Like

We could make different kinds of weddings according to the class.

It could be a priest, a templar, a linker…

A wedding system would add a lot to the game. Not a priority though.

The marriage system could actually work and attract more people into the game. There are people who were into games with marriage and potential RP stuff. Even housing

Looking forward to actually getting married… in game. Maybe they can cook food for each other that boosts their stats similar to pots, or gain small bonuses when doing content with each other(small Patk/Matk boost, XP boost, etc.)

It would be nice to have more social options in game other than the endless genocide we do against the numerous mobs that are ever present in game.

The desire for player housing is something I’ll never understand.

3 Likes

This is starting to look like the Barbie house my sister had when were children.

4 Likes

Love the ideas being thrown out! and Honestly, the way people complain and cry in the forums, I’m not sure if the IMC staff would even check the general discussions or the suggestions tab. :sweat:

1 Like

Wedding event

If you actually read the lore of the game, you’d know that this wedding event is foreshadowing a lore wedding between NPCs. Players getting wedding dresses too is just a side bonus. Why do you think they are so freely giving us best man / woman outfits?

Why do you think Klaipeda is changing up too?

Because I have a feeling the world is going to perhaps get a king / queen and the water in the Klaipeda town might signal that we’re getting a port soon, to a new map.

Port, why port?

There are quests in the 300+ regions that hint at a goddess we have not seen being located in a ship and travelling in the seas. There is also another goddess said to be on an island.

This also would explain the Koreans new event with pirate ship themed costumes. Get it? Ships? Pirates? We’re going to the ocean soon I think.

That’s all I’ll say. Don’t want to spoil it all. It’s best to just get to know the lore of the game, read what the NPCs are saying and it will make more sense why wedding is the theme in the game right now.

I can tell you for a fact it has nothing to do with the revelators (players).

2 Likes

Yup! I figured this all related back to some in game quest line, which is why I said this event sparked the conversation. Just would like to see this type of system implemented.

Good theory and all that, but even so
I’m sure Kim wouldnt miss up on the opportunity to earn some money from some wedding system in the game
At this point I believe everything can be made into a gatcha

We’ll just have to wait until they release wedding rings in gatchas, you need to 2 of them to perform a wedding and you’ll also need a marriage certificate, also obtainable by gatcha

Lol Giving the priest class this ability would be epic and when they get divorce by the priest they get hammered with 3 month wait period before they could marry again.

OH I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT ! It could just be a gacha item (If IMC really wants to make money off of it) where you buy two rings, then have it submit it through an npc or other player (depending on the class). Either or would work. Another cool feature they could add, is having a special animation like a hug or something. Even some simpler bonuses could work like when the married couple gets a 15% bonus in town speed or when they are together a red heart animation glows above them or even just have their hands glow from the ring itself.

just imagine how much it will cost to have a house lol.

It would probably be an insane amount of to have a house. Not only that, imagine if you had to like actually pay mortgage or rent every month to the realtor (actual person or npc). Just to maintain / keep it up. I think it would be cool though.

And child support in case of divorce? Two practoniums a month, while the other tramp is flirting with that handsome top rank doppel

3 Likes