Tree of Savior Forum

Map Viewer Addon

So, @Excrulon released a new version of Exp Viewer that comes with his new Map Viewer addon. It basically shows a red square upon unrevealed areas on the map to help to get the 100% exploration, as shown below.

As @STAFF_Ethan mentioned here, “Addons will be considered on a case to case basis”.
What’s the stance on this one?

Addon page on github: https://github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Experience-Viewer-Lua-Mod

6 Likes

This would be really helpful, I have a lot of maps with 96.7% explored and it’s so annoying cuz it seems 100% explored to me.

I really would know the Staff position in this too… Since I definetely would like to use it.

Petetion for non intrusive addon to be added~

I want it q.q!

I want this so bad. My eyesight is so bad I can’t tell where the dark spots of the map are most of the time… Sometimes spend 20 minutes just walking around! Would love this to be accepted <3 Please kind staff~

2 Likes

I wonder what the legal area for developing addons is.
Like you have to have a thing available to get it approved, right?
but what if I would develop an addon that doesn’t get approved when done, would the whole development phase risk my account?

Asking because I might possibly be interested to add my own stuff sometime in the future.

@Fuzzy I think addons should be allowed but possibly put a list of things they don’t want to see so we can work on them and not worry it wont be allowed. I could think of lots of UI improvements or QoL things.

1 Like

This is great. I really hope they approve of this.

Sometimes I walk around the entire map to find that I’m missing 2.4%–and that the 2.4% is an untreadable area I missed because I didn’t walk as close along the edge of the map as I should have. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could actually see what’s missing. :disappointed_relieved:

When I first started playing, I really enjoyed walking around the entire map and appreciating all the intricate details of the game’s areas. But because this has happened more than a few times, whenever I enter a new area now, I always have the full zone map open with my eye focused on the % explored in fear of missing a spot… don’t even really pay attention to the map itself anymore.

can i have this without the exp viewer?

The map addon isnt working for me atm, I disabled all the EXP things cause I dont need them to show but it was still fine yesterday. Any ideas why?

Also would it be possible to have the map addon as a standalone addon? I think Im not alone with not wanting the brown bar to mess up the ah so beautiful and clear UI.

EDIT: Now its working again. o.o

@Excrulon dude can i translate your mod to THAI and share with my thai group??

I seem to be having an issue getting this add on to work. I followed the directions on the site, but nothing happens. Something I might be missing?

@STAFF_Ethan Can you finaly tell us if we’re allowed to use the map addon or not?..

I would like to know whether using the map addon is ok as well.

Clearly the default map fog is bad designed. Often you don’t see where is your last 3% and you forced to waste time on finding it. This addon should be legal imho since its just a convenience thing and nobody is getting unfair advantage of it.

Need this approved ASAP starting to get to
My lvl 6 and 7 XP card zones

This is exactly how WoW addons work, btw. Certain limited aspects of the engine are exposed to hooking for scripts, like where a teammate is (which is already an in-game function)…which is what Heal Buddy does, and runs your medic skills and whatever else you need.

It’s not working for me, I don’t know why :frowning: Could it be because my steam folder is in a different place? (D: instead of C:)

Diablo II maphack brother

I like

In case you guys wanna know, addons are not allowed.

Still about Addons policy
Sent : 17/05/2016 17:45:22 Replied : 19/05/2016 19:11:00
Game Server : [SA] Silute

Team Name : Galileade

Character Name : Galileade

Steam Account : Dharnagon

input date : 2016-05-17

input hour : 17

Hello. I Asked you about addon policy on a previous ticket. As you can see, the response I had was that addons are not allowed, but some are “considerable”, like the EXP viewer.
I’ll go straight to the point. I have friends who use some addons, so i’d like to have a straight answer if they are allowed or not, or at least “considerable”. Please, if you, guys, can specify which ones are allowed or considerable (and even let me know what “considerable” means to you) i’d really appreciate.

-Addons that show areas of the map not explored yet.

-Addons that show information about the monster being killed (race, type, size, exp).

-Addons that show in map hidden quests and put flags above NPCs heads.

-Addons that show how many monsters of one kind are supposed to be killed in order to get its killing achievment.

For reference ill paste here my previous ticket with you answer as well about the same issue:

Game Server : [SA] Silute

Team Name : Galileade

Character Name : Galileade

Steam Account : Dharnagon

input date : 2016-05-16

input hour : 21

Hello, I’d like to know about your addon’s policy for the game Tree of Savior.
I’ve seen people using tons of addons while i myself use none. I believe i’ll be left behind if I dont use them since they are allowed, so I want to know from you if addons are allowed by IMC.
And if so, which ones? Thanks!

Greetings Savior,

Thank you for contacting us!

We would like to inform you that Add-on that modifies any game-play feature is considered as third party program and using third party programs are not allowed in the game. However, some Add-on like “Exp Viewer” is considerable.

As a reminder, we highly advise you to stay away from using third party programs like “VPNs”, “macros”, and “WTFast” to prevent possible suspension on your account.

Should you have any further concerns, please do contact us again.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team

Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us again.

As we mentioned on your previous ticket, the only addons that considerable in the game is “EXP viewer” .

We highly advise you to stay away from using third party programs like addons you mentioned in your ticket to prevent possible suspensions on your account.

Should you have any further concerns, please do contact us again

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team

1 Like