A big criticism I see new players have is that they get completely lost on gear progression once they hit end game. This has been an issue for yeas now and it only gets worse with new equipment slots being released like relics on the Korean servers recently. Good gear is the most important thing at end game and the progression to obtain it should easily be understood, so my suggestions are the following:
- Combine all stats obtained via head gear enchants into headgear 1 instead of all 3
- Remove awakening stats
- Remove red, blue green and yellow gems
- Remove all unidentified gear drops pre-level 400
- Remove all seals except Boruta seals
- Allow skills gems to stack
- Re-work random stat Ichors and magnifiers completely
Awakening stats as well as red / blue / green / yellow gems haven’t been updated in years. They are not great boosts in the current state of Tree of Savior and should be removed altogether.
The biggest issue are random stat ichors and magnifiers that are coupled to it. It’s probably one of the most convoluted and unintuitive mechanics I have ever seen in a video game. Fixed stat Ichors are straight forward, but random Ichors are such a complicated RNG hell. It’s a completely turn off for players.
My suggestion to fix random stat Ichors would be as follows:
- Identification via Appraiser shop and town blacksmith stay the same.
- Additional random lines are added by paying 1 Blessed Gem to a town blacksmith with 100% success rate.
- Only keep 2 type of magnifiers.
- Magnifier No. 1 re-rolls one random stat into a different one with 100% success rate.
- Magnifier No. 2 increase a random stat by 10% with 100% success rate up to a maximum of 3 times.
- In order to maximize random stats you need to wear the equipment in battle.