Tree of Savior Forum

Make Shards untradeable

Make shards Untradeable to otherplayers but tradeable in team storage. And pls make it drop on Missions instead of the useless mystery box.

If you do this, you also will be punishing people that dont like playing with more than one character.

My suggestion is to make it untradeable but also add a drop chance outside the daily cubes. I dont like mechanics that block gear progression like that.

I don’t think the issue is shards being trad-able. I think the issue is transcendence needs a rework from the ground up, its bad game design.

3 Likes

Shard is a barter good with stable silver price, a valuable item to high end players and a good way for lower level players to catch up in money… I don’t see any problem on that.

2 Likes

reminder it was untradeable when it came out. if only it stayed that way :smile:

1 Like

Just because something WAS a certain way it doesn’t mean it was correct. Do you remember the holocaust? Crusades? slavery? It WAS that way, is not a good argument.

2 Likes

If so please justify how making shards tradeable helped the game. It is one of the major factors to the downfall of this game.

1 Like

No its not. Once again the issue is the transcendence system its self the difference it makes is too large and the fact content was balanced around those absurd numbers, is once again bad game design.

Having a system that improves equipment is fine but it should be more reasonable 550% is stupid if it was 10% a stage for a 100% that is already a huge difference.

PS: systems like these keep away new players, something ToS is badly in need of.

1 Like

im agree with that, blessed shard should be untradable
im pity with people who like pvp much, get rekt by rich player with lvl 10 trancende and crying quit games, huehue

~wigglewiggle,2017

1 Like

If shards were untradeable from release till now the maximum stage we could attain assuming it has been 6 months is stage 7.

Yes its bad game design because of the r8 monster power spike but IMC already made the decision before r8 and released transcendence. So my point stands. If shards were untradeable the game will probably have more players playing still. Because even though it will take 1 year 3 months to get to stage 10, its still something for players to work towards for.

I do agree transcendence shouldn’t even be out though. I had so much fun in r7 compared to r8.

1 Like

No your point has nothing to stand on. You keep saying this and provide nothing to suggest players would still be here. Most of the people quitting have stated bad game design / there friends leaving / among other inconveniences / trade restrictions was another common one. I cant recall one thread or shout i have seen in game saying o shards are tradeable im out. I have seen people quote over the transcendence system its self, but for the most part from what i have seen tradeable shards have made people hate the system less.

2 Likes

People implying that the problem of transcendence is the shards tradeability baffles me.
Toning down the % scaling per stage level would be the proper solution.

4 Likes

Have you reached the ‘end game’?

So you think tradeable shards and end game items are helping the game when every single MMO companies out there are aiming for longevity? People don’t make a thread about this because they haven’t reached a high enough transcedence level yet. Which is 95% of the TOS population. In the first place if shards weren’t tradeable people wouldn’t beat end game content even until now. There are plenty of people I know who wished shards weren’t tradeable. IMC already designed r8 to have a huge power spike from r7. Transcendence is the only way to beat r8 content. It is a very bad design from IMC which can be avoided by not releasing transcendence OR if they really want to have it ingame then make it untradeable.

But now you get monsters nerfed so you can treat it as a nerf to transcendence? You don’t need that high of transcended weapon to beat current content anymore.

TL;DR If shards weren’t tradeable people will actually still continue to play because players who are ambitious will actually try to upgrade accordingly to beat the end game.

2 Likes

I think that would be a better solution, but honestly i feel the system needs to be revisited as a whole.

Yes indeed…But trancendense will receive a huge impact once they apply changes to the DEF mechanics, exchanging the flat damage formula for what is presumed to be percentage-based. Unless the jToS discussion was proven to be false :frowning:

1 Like

We can hope. Beta players have only been screaming % def and skills for a year at IMC -.-

1 Like

Maybe its too late those who have transcended full gears will reign tbl, gvg and expecting a good pvp system? I don’t think so, it will continue the massive selling of shards up to real money.

This issue is one of the thing that most of players quit. Its unfair, even if you massively buy tp it won’t get you anywhere… not even close.

1 Like

One can only wait and lurking in the shadows and prepare for a surprise
like they did on pyro agny, Dex physical classes, and much more.
*read the transcend question or just CTRL + F

And by the way, I still remember how IMC talks about balancing STR, SPR and IMC said that was around October I think…

This talk…
Transcendence and Balance

Q: Item transcendence comes up too early in the game, and the effect it has on overall balance seems a little excessive.

A: Originally, we introduced the transcendence system to give items a higher degree of importance in the game. We don’t want to devalue transcendence, since it would negatively affect players who already invested in it, so we are reviewing ways to increase the supply of transcendence items in order to reduce the gap.

1. Devaluation of transcend will only affect those who invested from shards who bought outside of game.
    (Reminds me of appraiser :neutral_face:) and sources from player to player transaction, which on the side of every cent of their pocket goes to their equips.
  2. Increasing the supply is a good choice, but it will add up to more transactions and hoarding, unless its not possible to trade or be placed on the market.
  3. Adjustment period will be a fast pace for those who already reached or transcend their equips. Which is bothering if why in the world they did it late…too late.

So Im hoping that thise will happen with a non tradable shards or lock character. If it will be obtainable aside from Saalus.

Im aware of this response. But it doesn’t change that IMC has already displayed they are incompetent, and this is another example. The system needs to be revamped entirely or removed, but they are placing concern for a few players over the survival of their game.

1 Like