Tree of Savior Forum

Make Megaphone a lv90+ Item!

which is impossible… as soon as you block one, another 10 come out

its not that bad for me in klaipeda, id say i have to block one every 10 to 30 minutes, sometimes up to a hour. theres also some gold spammers which dont seem to cause this odd fps behavior.

Is there a way to right-click block a botter like in Blade and Soul? Or do I have to try to decipher their name and type it out under all the spam to block their microphone?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

it is now, and its bad. imagine when TOS goes truly OB… the game, if this wont be fixed, will become Tree of Slide show :smiley::frowning:

yeah after the server restart i was greeted by a shitstorm of goldfarmer messages filling up the entire chat and killing my fps.

i hope the maintenance will at the very least fix the fps drops.

OMG Just make it so that you have to finish both lvl 50 and 90 dungeons to even use shout there done deal. If that is not enough after doing that add so that you HAVE to be at a certain point in the quest line so botting against mobs doesn’t work either.

Heres the thing some people may be forgetting, and why I agree with making megaphones level 90+ or 100+ restricted, rather than 50+.

It takes time to get to 90, or even 100.

Let that sink in for a moment.
The silver spammers have to work at getting to 90 or 100, then get banned, then do it all again. It’s not as easy as making a new account, waiting a few hours for the free TP, then going hard. As it is they’re wasting $12 per account, which isn’t a big deal if they can sell enough silver.

It’s even more time and effort they have to waste. Right now, it’s really easy for them to mass create accounts across multiple virtual machines. With a decently high level limit, it’s just not worth the time/effort invested. At least it’s less worth it.

Does this hurt everyone else? Sure. But what does some level 10 scrub have to say anyway?
“Can someone tell me how to do this thing I could just check the forums or wiki for but am too lazy to alt-tab”?
“Would someone like to buy this light bow I found? Pm offers. Ignore the fact I could’ve put it up on the market seeing as I have a token, but naaaah.”

:\

Edit: Oh right, botting… gah. Certain point in the quest line would work. That WOULD take effort.

1 Like

Just because someone is lower level than you doesn’t mean they don’t have anything important to say.

If it gets rid of gold spammers, they really don’t.

“Small group of people causing a problem? Better punish 90% of the people in the community. I would rather everyone but me suffer than me be slightly inconvenienced.”

I agree with just about anything here as long something’s done. A rick click>ignore/report RMT option on chat would be nice too.

EVE had a similar system where you could report spammer with a single click, tho they gave you a warning not to report people falsely.

I think this is a step in the right direction. This guy explains pretty well how gold spammers operate and at least a soft cap of 50 sounds reasonable. How SPAM BOTS work

My idea is have an in-game GM to instakick anyone that spams selling gold! Is there a reason why nobody incorporates it anymore?

Totally acceptable, who cares if I’m part of the 90% who gets blocked until I get pass that level wall… if it blocks 90% of spam bots I’m all for it.

edit: Regardless how small the group spamming the world chat when they are ruining it for everyone. As it is right now, low-levels and high-levels alike can’t use said chat option because of the “small group” ruining it.

1 Like

How about they remove the Megaphones at all? People are not using it anyway. Just make an All Chat for Players at Level X+
Depending on their Level they have a Cooldown.
Like Players at Level 100 can use the All Chat. They have a 100 Second Cooldown between Messages, for every 10 Levels it decreases for 10 Seconds

2 Likes

I believe you were responding to Masamune, but I agree.

1 Like

50-100. Whatever it takes to slow them down. Liked!

i agree, raise the level requirement!

No, just remove megaphones from the game. Disable server wide messages. There is no need for them anyways. All of the messages I have seen are spam, trolls, hate, racism, random etc. IMC won’t do this though. They would lose $$$.

They just started using those giant messages again @Staff_Julie, please, do smothing… when they writte in the global chatt, all the server get lag.