Tree of Savior Forum

Make Megaphone a lv90+ Item!

What u guys think???

9 Likes

farm bots will get to 90 eventualy… but its a good idea for a level restriction, but bots will still get to the restriction lvl eventually.

You do know you can just disable it right? Thats how I play the scrolling chat is annoying anyways.

turn off the chat world and let people play…

Even if you disable it you still get lag when they spam all chat.

1 Like

I am ALWAYS ABOUT zone/game wide chat being restricted to higher levels. Reduces bot clutter.

And while some of the farm bots will get to 90 there won’t be NEARLY as much as there are now…

if your talking about the fps issue. It resolved that when I disabled it. The lag is from something else as the lag appears even without the spammers going. That deals more with how many people are playing as the lag for me only shows up at aprox 5PM PST.

Well it wasn’t for me, i still get FPS issues and then every time it happens i check back on shout chat and sure enough a RMT spam is the last post.

Correlation =/= Causation. If it was still the megaphone even while disabled. Then it would still appear for everyone who has it disabled. Which is not the case. Obviously there is some other things going into play with some of the fps issues other then just the megaphone.

It isn’t a very high level, but I could see level 50 being a fair restriction, because 50 is the lowest level dungeon and people do use the shout to find party members, which is totally fine and actually makes sense for a shout.

5 Likes

in Ktos. I saw bot only level60 in tenet chapel. so 50-60 is okay.

ive already said it in another thread but, shout needs a wizard101-like chat feature that runs a dictionary check before you are allowed to write. this way they can never advertise their sites since “www” or “com” or any number could be filtered out. it will only allow proper english words and item linking before you are able to send the message.

problem solved. not even a level req needed. sure it takes a little longer to set up compared to slapping a level req on it, but it will work in the end.

1 Like

there’s no way to disable it completely. You can choose not to see it, but you are still receiving the data in the background, and that causes stuttering,

I think that that is a stupidly high level requirement. While I agree something needs to be done, locking 90% of the players out of chat isn’t the answer.

I want to know why the gold sellers even sell their gold, especially in a game like this…

Even if you disable the microphones, you can still see the obnoxious messages popping up top(unless there is a way to disable that as well, so far I haven’t been able to).

I was reading one of these spam messages and apparently to them 10k silver is like $1.70, why would anyone pay this? I did the first level 50 dungeon and I got pretty much 10k and money wasn’t even on my mind.

I know money is going to be harder to deal with once I get to a higher level, but even so it seems that legitimately farming is way better than the awful price they are asking for, the possible ban, the massive waste of time it takes to ban-dodge and spam in the chat for microphones THAT COST REAL LIFE MONEY TO USE.

Like, do they SERIOUSLY make enough profit to warrant wasting all that time making dummy accounts? Especially since every account they make effectively costs 9$ and I believe requires a steam account to do so…

Like really, is botting so profitable despite these massive setbacks that it becomes worth it to ruin the game to a state of unplayability for everyone else? Even the scumbag players who have no knowledge of how the economy works and gives the botters the money to get the money…THE BOTS THEMSELVES ARE MAKING THE SERVERS UNPLAYABLE!!! What are they gonna use that RMT silver on?

Like, why bot under all these circumstances? Where is the profit in it?

The bots dont really care TBH

there is a way to block the shout bar at the top of the screen, but its pretty hidden lol.

press enter to chat, then on the right theres a little gear icon you can click on where you can change a few chat options. turning off the shout-bar is one of them.

i think its too early to say whether these silver sellers are making any profit at all. these guys are most likely in a ‘investment’ period right now to see how profitable silver selling is for this game, which is one out of many many games they are active in at the same time.

it doesn’t block the traffic. game still stutters

ICYMI
I’ve already posted my suggestion.

true, you still need to block these people one by one to fix the FPS stuttering which they magically cause.