Tree of Savior Forum

How SPAM BOTS work

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

16 Likes

This idea is a step in the right direction, although I feel as lvl 100 might be too harsh on players who need to megaphone for lvl 50 dungeons. With the lack of a guild until later on in the game, it’s hard to coordinate group play.

Maybe a lvl 50 cap, with tighter monitoring to get rid of gold sellers as soon as they spam? Which also brings me to question why nobody incorporates in game GMs anymore to closely monitor the server? Even 1 just hanging around could instakick spammers?

why is there a need for the world chat and megaphones to exist in the first place?

1. When bots spam, everything else is overwritten so what most people write are covered
    2)When people spam, its useless senseless and irrelevant stuff.
  2. Trading can be done on forums or auction.
  3. The shout banner creates lag.
  4. people who wants to do dungeon will gather outside it without world chat, people with friends and guild can coordinate themselves easily, no reason to use world chat for this.

Just remove the whole megaphone thing. Levels wont solve the problem.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s a bit excessive to just shut down all world communication. Every world chat in an MMO serves a purpose, even though filled with trolls at times, it does bring a lot of value in serving as a forum for people to ask questions, learn, joke, share and just be social in general.

If we were able to delete/clear its message will be great. Combo Block+DeleteMessage will be great.

1 Like

I agree of the social aspect, however this is just like an analogy of real life social and smart phones.

RL: So many people who concentrate and communicate on the smartphone instead of talking to people in front of them.

Game: Looking and having fun on world chat while u can have fun on screen, chat with people on your screen or random ppl you meet, your party etc

In Ro there was no world chat. Some games have world chat where you can speak freely without needing a megaphone, so needing a megaphone to speak in the world chat is also not a reason to boost social interaction.

Removing the world chat is the best option. We already have a forum to do the job.

1 Like

10~20 years ago, world chat meant something.

Nowadays, it means nothing. We have so many outlets of chatting with other players via social media that world chat has become a design concept of the past.

Local, whisper, party and guild is good enough. Everything else is just taken advantage by bots, will always be taken advantage by bots and will continue to be taken advantage by bots unless developers finally realize that putting a shout or megaphone box for players is going to be abused by bots.

2 Likes

It’s a very good point. Socially, we have evolved (or devolved) to having communication to everyone at our fingertips. While forcing everyone to talk to people around them on screen may prove to be good to people like you and me, I feel as though the general populace’s mentality and ‘communication meta’ has changed since the RO days.

While I don’t find anything wrong with what you said and actually a lot healthier, as a company, it might be one of those decisions that are too drastic as far as general consensus of those stuck in their smartphones goes, which is a sad truth.

Another point I would like to bring up is that even if we do get rid of world chat, spammers will find other ways to spam zones and towns with automated practices, and those methods don’t cost any megaphones at all. It’s happened in BNS and still goes on to this day.

1 Like

Block, Delete Message, Report combo FTW \o/

I agree with OP. This has to stop.

if anything… I think the starting level of using global chat is at 50, getting pass the 40-45 required a large sum of exp, while the 100 is a bit far.

1 Like

All the friends I met so far on ToS is me literally going;

“Invite to party?”

After about an hour or so of gameplay and talking/joking BOOM
Made new friends :blush:

Megaphone isn’t needed for casual use.

1 Like

exactly! This is old school nice socializing and it makes you better and closer gaming friends than people in world chat.

1 Like

random dungeon party matchmaking is a thing, just enter that way

I agree.

Either

1. Make megaphones have a level cap of 100 right now.

or

1. Remove announcements.

We don’t really need them anyway.

Just out of curiosity, does this even work? Wouldn’t there be that steam’s two hours of gameplay limit policy for refunds? You can’t get that 5 TPs within two hours I think.

I just realized while typing this that there’s also individual megaphones sold too. Removing them would make this whole cycle impossible if they couldn’t get megaphones and then refund within two hours.

They have to make a “buff” for every character that is always 60 min duration while you move BUT if you stay in the same tile attacking it just drops to 0 and it will kick you 4 hours.

And megaphones must require lvl 50 to use them and have a CD of 2-5 mins.

This system maybe is not perfect but it is better than the actual one (trade limits).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

These guys always find a way jesus…

Thx for your work PrinceMark, i was very curious to know how da hell they were doing it.