Tree of Savior Forum

Make AFK farm a bannable offense and remove all the dupe/cheating/exploits and open a NEW server

With “generating money out of nothing” i meant they are generating free silver without actually actively playing the game nor spending any ressources.

No, that’s not why “i’m mad”, but thanks for trying a cliche bait on me.
And no, i won’t make an afk farmer because i have a certain standard and decency in player- and gaming ethics.

And just “because it’s in the game” it does not mean that its perfectly designed without any sort of flaws. There is tons of questionable stuff that can be done in the game because of flaws in the games design and because the games design allows it, but that doesn’t mean that its fair or ok to use it.

And one of the flaws of the summoner classes is that thanks to the summoners the game can play itself and generate silver for the player without requiring active player input, which is something many people disapprove of because many players have the opinion that players should earn their silver, not let the game generate it for the player without actively playing it.

Heck, if freely generating money without player input is acceptable and the “the player should earn his silver”-aspect is no longer considered part of the game then they might aswell get rid of silver drops entirely and just give everyone 5 million silver each day, right? At least that way the afk-farmers would no longer have to block questing areas since they’d get their pwecious silver they’re too lazy to earn themselves anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will not make it more bigger than it is so i will just put some points here.

1 - Summon minions is a skill made for developers and they fight for theyr master.

2- Necromancers do not move alone and do not kill steal. They do not chase your mob and do not take itens from youtr kills. they just stay on a single point of the map killing all monsters aproach of them. Its with sure is a playstyle and if you do not like it its just your problem. deal with it.

3- The game arent play itself when u go necro. You and i said “YOU”, must log in, summon your “SKILL” and let your skill defeat your enemies. There is nothing on the rules of the game, saying something about a player could not stay stopped at any map the game using the skill of the class he choose. If this rule does not exist so its “TOTALLY ALLOWED farm with summons skills”

As i Said before you must log in into the game and use your skill. Sou you couldnt say there is no input made by the player. Its just less input than the classe you choose.
And about the silver u asked here to promote your opinion make me see your real intentions. You just are mad becouse you want money and your classe do not do it fast. So you are jealous becouse necromancers skills are able to let the summonerhave good silver amount farming afk.

1 Like

Some good arguments there from a guy who can’t even spell any of his posts without massive errors

Unlike the many counter arguments which mostly boil down to

• it’s not fair :sob:
  • it’s not right :cry:
  • people don’t like it :rage:

Looks like the anti necro force is being btfo by a single guy with dysgraphia :joy:

this comment was towards lunar who made the following statement:

claiming all arguments are invalid is more then… being close minded.

and you can’t think of a single way of generating silver without actively playing in ToS without making silver?
if so, i’d say it’s stil IMC who decided which way is illegal and which is not…

if you stil think afk farmers do the most harm to the market i suggest you look into people who multi client,
RMTers and botters and guess what… those guys are breaking the rules…

Good hunting

2 Likes

People do a lot of stupid things for stupid reasons.

Every time the AFK farmer apologists show up I feel like I lose braincells just from skimming. Sayurichan has some very good posts in this thread, but sadly I think their efforts are being wasted here.

I look forward to the day IMC finally patches out the “grey area” AFK farming for good. You’re all delusional if you think it’s not going to happen, just look at the Sorc summon changes and the skeleton HP decay. It’s just a matter of when.

1 Like

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/imc-please-do-something-about-this/362207

I’ll say nothing, just the video I recorded today and posted there is enough to show how bad the afk farm is to the game.

IMC just should’ve never implemented classes with summons. But its too late now haha

Ok, so logging in and using 1 skill is nowadays deemed acceptable to get a constant stream of free silver without any further effort? Damn, todays gamers really have low standards when it comes to gaming and accomplishments… “Well done, Sir. You logged in and pressed a single button. Here, have some free 1 million silver. You totally deserve it.”.

Right. And after that, aka when the silver generation part actually starts, the game plays itself because no further player input is required. And that’s one of the problem people have with afk farmers : free money generation over time without requiring any active input once you are camping at your farming spot.

Didn’t i tell you already that you are wrong with these accusations and that jelousy or some other baity reason is not the reason that i dislike afk farmers? Heck, i even clearly stated the reason why i dislike afk farmers. Stop relying on cliche bait, it doesn’t work.

There is nothing wrong with summoner classes.
The problem comes with summoner classes with summons that are able to act on their own without any player input.
If you actually had to tell your summon to attack a target or else it wouldn’t do anything alot of the afk farming problems would be solved.

/inb4 afk farmers arguing that pressing a button to tell your summon to attack is too much work…

Also unless its changed shops have a 50% tax on any profits, so if i sell a blessing buff which costs 200s in materials for 600s, I am only making 200s, because half the 400s profit goes poof due to a game based tax. That cannot be avoided. 1-2 hours on a afk necro farmer prob makes more than I do on my buff seller in 1-2 days.

I dislike Afk farmers for 2 reasons.

1: They get alot of free silver, I have a buff seller, but a necro prob makes in 1 hour or 2 that takes me days due to the high (50% tax) that I have heard is taken off of the profit so that 600s bless I just sold, 200s was mat cost, 200s goes to tax, and I made 200s profit. There are monsters in the map with honeymelis that if you afk farm with a necro in the right spot, these things drop 400+ silver a kill often, and from watching the necros they get about 5-10 kills a minute.

2: This is the more important one why I dislike them, alot of these jerks feel the need to setup their afk farm right smack in the center of a room of mobs you need for a quest, meaning it takes the player much more time to do them. Its frustrating, a necro can have 12 pets out when afk: Sorc, 5 melee, 5 ranged and the big one thats both melee and ranged. Unless your overgeared there is no way your going to outkill that necro so you can do your quest. Quests in this game are already bad enough with the poor spawn rates, its even worse when you combine that with a lv 330 necro camping a lv 150 quest spot one shotting everything with 1 pet.

I can’t confirm it, but I’ve heard a few people say that kToS actually changed something that made it impossible to afk farm as a necro. Because it became a major issue over there too. If they are doing it over there if what I heard is true they are almost guarnteed to be botting due to how it was changed. IMO Make the summons die after 3 mins like Bokur and have to be resummoned, this will get rid of the afk farming entirely because anyone who still is doing it would be botting. You don’t really see sorcs or bokur’s afk farming, because they can’t do it. Sorc runs out of sp pet poofs, Bokurs pets die after 3-5 min. Make Necro pets like bokur and theres the solution for afk farming.

though I hope summon classes get some improvements, cuz bokur, sorc and necro are all pretty bad. The pets just don’t do nearly enough damage, especally in sorc’s case.

Your solution would require a Necro rework since it would be impossible to keep your corpse count up. Sorcerors have more than enough SPR to not notice any drain (mana stays full). If you hate AFK Necros the answer is simple, you turn off the pet A.I. after 1 minute like they did to the Sorcerors pet, but I don’t think this is a solution to any inflation problem. I have an AFK Necro and I am by no means a rich player. I pull in about 100k/hour. There are 4 channels in Dana Bee Farm and typically 10 players in each channel so that’s 40 people out of the entire server making far less than you do actively playing the game.

open a new server. all the necromancer will go there and afk

Huh is Varena the only server where silver is deflated. (10m now can buy a BB, which used to cost 20m. Same goes for most materials/weapons)
Silver is getting stronger day by day and value shards are falling too fast. Yes we have necro afk/bots/macro too
weird…

Open new server so we can cheat and exploit.

2 Likes

100 post including this one, and all of them are about the same thing:
-some people think afk-necros are the same as botting (bot-like behavior lumped into previous statement)
-other think that they are not as is literally a developer design issue, not a random hack or 3rd party program.

My common sense opinion without to much fluff or bias: As long as is all part of the game. What the problem besides “public opinion”. Many claim this and that is what should happen, but at the end of the day is IMC game not yours. The decision on what is acceptable inside the game is all them, we can offer as a community suggestion that we might believe would better the game, but that about it.

Not to mention that your point of view on something that might be good for the game would not be seen the same way by other that dont share it. AKA the reason how half the people dont care or favor the necro-farming while other hate it.

Facts that wont change regardless of opinion unless the silver gain becomes 5+mil or more a day:
-Raw silver coming into the game wont surpass the silver sink currently implemented in the game.
(upgrading a weapon to +11 would run you around 5mil unless you are extremely lucky with fail)
(I have friend that used around 100mil silver to obtain 2 solmiki pieces from just rerolling cubes)

As you can see end game requires a shi^t ton of “RAW SILVER” if anything those people afking are making possible for those that farm “AH ORIENTED ITEMS” to sell them for high prices. As it stand right now the raw silver gain from a person farming w.o afking is nowhere near what is needed for end game.

Now let me ask this question? if you remove the necros and all the RAW SILVER they put into circulation, What do you think will happen to those over-priced crafting mats?
-my answer: they will have to drop as people would not be able to afford them so readily.

Anyways we will see were this takes us, even though i prefer necros get a rework that changes the gameplay and their capabilities to afk-farm as the raw silver they net is way more than what people think. Economy wise they are not a detriment, but it actually helps mitigate the insane silver sink implemented in the game by IMC.

PS: Dam sorry for the WoT, did not noticed until i posted the preview

Hi @treefosavior, I just want to add something to your post that kind of “changes” the point of view on how are the complaints.

When most (or some?) people complains about necro it goes implied other things such as multi-account necros, macros/addons or even plain botting.

Also, not bringing anything other than information, it is known that a small (?) part of necros does have more than 2 accounts, some even 4-5 (or more?), which does breaks the 5mil+/day threshold. If you’re friends with at least few necros you will know this sometime or another.

Other than that I kind of agree with you if the situation was so straightforward as “everyone does it fairly and with only one necro so the income is too low”.

But in the end, let’s be honest, it just goes down to IMC to do stuff - period. It’s better to have a peaceful community even with its flaws or disagreements than fighting each other when it’s out of reach like that, some complains to bring attention to issues, others to target someone, others both - but it’s definitely better to be at peace.

On another topic now, does anyone knows if this is an anti-afk measure?

1 Like

In order to combat inflation IMC must remove the Lottery first. Then they need to ban botters and AFK farmers. Finally they need to create a limited time event that let’s players use silver to buy high level items or costumes through an NPC. This will serve as a money sink.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.