Tree of Savior Forum

[MAJOR COMPLAINT] Market now requires cash to use + trading removed

i think the guys who go over the marketting dont know much about games, instead they are just looking at how they can most effectively get the most money out of the game. they dont know how gamers think. ive seen this often with other bad game companies, and they dont last very long

Yea no sh!t, I thought this was a new thread then I saw Dec '15. We’ve got a lot of thread necromancy lately.

1 Like

IN my opinion tho this mean that even as a marketer/investor you0re failing badly since, at least as far as I am concerned, one of the first rule about having a business is to please your customers… not to milk them away untill you have no more customers…

But this is probably how business used to work in the past as nowdays businesses seems to be more about who manage to “steal” (in a legal way) more money from people and the disappear or use another shop.

In fact you know what? Seems to me like the strategy used is kinda like the ones used by mafia in the old days… when they used to take over a shop, take all materials and money income as they could and then burning it away and restart with another shop.

1 Like

or they would simply buy stuff from the item shop in game and resell said stuff - supporting the game while doing that and counter the goldseller all at once - or you wanna call anybody here a supporter of goldseller? oh oh i would be careful with that - on top of that goldseller always try to make their offer cheaper than the item mall cash - wich would be impossible due to the fact that they cant even trade it - every loss of a bot gonna hurt them hard and the number of 20 could even apply to a weekly loss (if IMC handles them properly wich i hope they do)

There are pay 2 play games that you have to buy and then pay monthly for and bans on those games don’t stop them, i think your failing to understand how this works. Those costs just become costs for their customers not them selves.

most of those pay to play games have a free access nowadays - luring more potential gold seller not only new player - using this free access they can do as they please

Rise , RISE! i SAY!

…sadly people start necroing threads all over town.

Anyways… this is discussed to death already. WAIT and SEE what iMC does, then give feedback. Prolly and “not makeing money” for imc will be already some nice feedback.

If they enable 1:1 tradeign for everyone and make buy in shops a vip fucntion… THAT would be nice. +10x more trades in AH for everyone.

3 Likes

They were operating in those games before they had those free access periods. Those periods also usually have lvl caps and bots at higher lvls earn more. your failing to find ground to stand on here.

nope more likely that the publisher failed to get rid of those bots and punish them enough [quote=“sephi4321, post:554, topic:124971”]
if IMC handles them properly wich i hope they do
[/quote]

you missed that part my friend

Thats a big if considering IMCs recent performance. Im still here because im hoping things get better but alot of the recent changes have left me scratching my head.

i don’t see why gold sellers need to buy tokens in real money

they can easily earn millions of silver at nearly no cost and simply buy tokens from AH

of course the trade limitation will reduce their profit a bit

but in the long run, i don’t think this a good way to prevent gold sellers

on the other hand, my friend will not even be able to help me hunt materials together because he can’t give me the material if he gets it :frowning:

3 Likes

thats sounds legit - makes sense yes - now you destroyed IMCs major plan with this lil argument - no clue if somebody above said that already tho too much to read through - and honestly i didn even think of that xD

Putting more restrictions and limitations on normal game features will kill this game fast. IMC needs to just be vigilant on hunting down bots and goldsellers to ban them. Do not keep implementing more and more restrictions please IMC.

5 Likes

if they even make that much silver from tenet gardens… then you’re right.

You know what this means right? Make tokens untradable! :joy::joy::joy:

IMC i can’t stress enough how ridiculous not being able to trade with anyone who doesn’t have token. that’s just oh my god.

what are your reasoning behind this seriously?

2 Likes

Like many people have already said here, 1:1 trading is a basic functionality of every MMO, it shouldn’t be something too hard to access. It’s ridiculous that BOTH parties need to have tokens in order to do something as simple as trading!

If IMC absolutely wants to keep trades behind some sort of paywall, I’ll suggest this: Free players can’t trade, players who bought cash at least once can trade a limited number of items per day, and players with tokens can trade as many times as they wish. Basically: buying cash would permanently “unlock” the trading option, just with some limitations, and having a token would remove said limitations. Sounds fair?

I still think trading should be available for all players though, putting it behind a paywall could backfire and make a lot of people abandon the game. So please, IMC, please reconsider this matter.

5 Likes

Maybe this is their plan;)

They want more players to buy tokens, but the market may be limited due to demand. With gold sellers, it’ll create massive token demand, thus whales would more likely to buy tokens to sell for in-game gold. Thus more money for IMC>:D
Legit money too, not from stolen credit cards, etc.

1 Like

Too many uncertainties. Quit making topics of why the game sucks/is broken because this and that MAY happen/MAY be implemented.
Sit on your butt and wait out the remaining 7 days. Without seeing the game running, none of this even matters, because even if you are right, it may be completely out of context.

well it is certain that 1:1 trading is disabled to free users based on the FAQ and kToS

this is why we are complaining. IMC said that we are different from kToS but in the end, we’re still the same as kToS

IF this is a feature in the game, myself an 13 other friends will (with deep sadness) say good bye to what was otherwise shaping up to be a stellar MMO.

1 Like