Tree of Savior Forum

Maintenance Time should be pushed forward two or three hours. (1am PST)

Nope, you just seem real ignorant. You think IMC’s engineer and developers are not [quote=“technic_bot, post:1, topic:204171”]
responsible working adults
[/quote]

with families? Incase you don’t know how most IT companies work, they don’t stay overnight unless needed to. What were you expecting?

1 Like

rofl a private message really?

technic_bot2m
How do I seem ignorant? I am ignorant. Why do you think I directly asked for insight.

Jesus. The lack of meaningful contributions. Do you honestly think your crass attitude and facetious manner really is helping?

Sure seems all the rage today is to complain how IT and developers are consistently over worked, under paid and put into strange ass hours. But hey you know since I asked already once, maybe twice will get it through to you.

Can anyone provide some MEANINGFUL insight on the back end of things for us who are ignorant in these manners. Not all of us can be tech wizards.
end of PM

You only started asking for “Meaningful insight” like 20 posts later. I was referring to your very first post that made you look totally ignorant. kthx

2 Likes

How do I seem ignorant? I am ignorant. Why do you think I directly asked for insight.

Jesus. The lack of meaningful contributions. Do you honestly think your crass attitude and facetious manner really is helping?

Sure seems all the rage today is to complain how IT and developers are consistently over worked, under paid and put into strange ass hours. But hey you know since I asked already once, maybe twice will get it through to you.

Can anyone provide some MEANINGFUL insight on the back end of things for us who are ignorant in these manners. Not all of us can be tech wizards.

It wasn’t letting me post. Jesus man you really need to jerk one out or lay of the roids. “Oh God! He PM’d me! Let me try to belittle him by posting it for the public because I have 0 lack of understanding and can only rely on base unoriginal insults tacted together with wonderful grammar so thus proper emulated in my own quotation! Despite a legit statement and genuine questions my penis is still too small to answer with anything worth a damn. but hey! at least I got my point across. I sure showed him!”

1 Like

Oh I’m done now ^^ Say what you will.

As if I would know you would prefer to double post it again on the thread itself lmao. Belittle? I just prefer to keep everything that belongs to the thread, IN the thread.

most western mmos such as WoW have maintenance after midnight, so you are saying midnight is their office hour?

Well, you pretty much got the best answer already:

Besides, it’s just 1 out of 7 days for 3-6 hours. It’s not what time the “Users” find most comfortable, it’s what time the “Company” is most comfortable with.

Anyways back to the subject. You know since the populace “prefers to keep everything that belongs to the thread, IN the thread”.

Anyone around that works in IT talk about the complexities involved in server maintenance and what it takes to initiate multiple maintenance at different times? Explained with, you know, some professional maturity?

To begin with, asking things like “Why they choose this time to work at”
Well you got your explaination[quote=“MirAlex, post:2, topic:204171, full:true”]
Please note that they are hosting this themselves and it is 2:04 PM in Korea right now, which is the perfect time for them to do the maintenance to the server.
[/quote]

No one would know if there are any IMC staff working in NA, but patches wise they have to come from the KR side. You already had your answer so no need for any further insights.

At this point I’m purely curious in some light discussion on the insights of server maintenance on the Steam platform. Is it as difficult as people think? What are the complexities behind running a maintenance on server while having another one keep running.

It seems almost to be a crime out here to try and learn anything. I’m just going to be anti-social and Google it at this point.

No need for further insights? ■■■■ off. Who are you to tell me what I can and can’t learn about. Go back to China Mao.

2 Likes

2/10 for being stolen from Mir who used it in the other complaint thread.

Rofl you want to know how IMC work internally? Go send them a private email. Maybe they might bother entertaining you instead of “classified information”.

Why did you quote “classified information”?

Anyways. It isn’t classified to give information for the basics of back end server development / maintenance and how Steam works as platform for updating games.

Asking here won’t get you the answer you seek.

Yes, it is very difficult to do a maintenance. And they might be using AWS(Amazon) which is not easy to use if you don’t know anything about networking. The common thing they have to do is update the DB, making sure everything is working right and there is more but that’s all i know.

@technic_bot

This game has a massive world, with such a small population playing only from korea on kTos, u bet most places are ghost town cause the game is too big and players too little.

iTos has way more players. Also, maintenance time make sense when its time for them to work, lol. Did u expect people to work overnight for you to play a game.