Tree of Savior Forum

Low Ping VS High Ping

I already posted one in the first post, it’s the first video. It’s someone with 200 ping playing on the Korean servers. I’m looking right now for more BAD cases but they aren’t as easy to find.

AA will be bad.
As the WS video above with the korean testing it out too.

Skill spamming will be doable.

Basically, we need a EU server, the fact is with 120 ping, we can’t even play correctly, players who said that 100+ ping is ok and we can deal with are ■■■ ( sorry but that’s it ) people who want to grind pvp (Like me) it’s impossible to deal with NA people who will have 30ping, and do combo properly on a ping like that.

This is another thing that is hard to show without some video.

Jump attacking.

I think we all did it in one way, shape or form in the closed betas. I remember being a wizard and doing it constantly against bosses.

However I never noticed until the more I played how the projectiles would never come out of my character when I was mid air, only when I landed would they appear. Never while in mid air. For this guy it happens too, but not constantly like it did for me. Not to mention when I did it I had this small pause when I landed… when I couldn’t move. Doesn’t happen to this fella at all.

Also charge attacks were a headache to perform but this guy has no problems. I could never really dodge boss attacks properly because of these small but noticable effects to my gameplay.

The pause I mentioned after doing a jump attack happens to this guy too, but only seldom. I think I noticed these things more often since I played with a controller? I don’t know.

1 Like

So this is what i was looking for, i’m gonna be a Fencer and if the ping doesn’t allow me to DPS well i’m gonna be so fkg mad.

Little friendly dueling by two wizards. Note how quickly he can get some of his spells off, including sleep. Both of these guys are Korean playing on local Korean servers.

No attack speed buffs, just low ping magic

Edit: He does use the C3 wizard spell for fast casting, but only after the sleep. It only increases casting speed of spells. Hasten would be cool to demonstrate with low and high ping as that skill does also increase attack speed slightly.

Good news is fencers are more skill based than AA :slight_smile: Monks, Corsairs and Barbs are AA builds, but some classes use skills more than others. It shouldnt be much of an issue, many of us are playing high level content in iKobt, nobody is having issues really~, PvP wise, its a little more difficult but if you find a decent DoT build or a skill shot build, it shouldnt be an issue either :slight_smile:

Not entirely sure but wanted to some cases where ping wouldn’t effect you that much.

Also this guys build is often called the “full CON” wizard.

With a ping though I think this scenario would only mean you might get hit a few times more than he does.

Lower level action with kneeling fire. Would be fun to hear from people who played this class if their attacks looked anything like this in iCBT2.

Auto attacking starts at 0:15 seconds in.

The fact is, it’s always an issue facing a 30ms guy when you have 130ms (and the ping isn’t constant), even if i’m skill shot based :weary:

Some low level (100 is kind of low still in ToS heh) archering skill spam action.

that’s oblique shot spam

check his sp/mp it’s decreasing everytime he hits

Oh you’re right, it’s skill spam edited.

A highlander / barbarian in Mage Tower 2F (looks like 3F now that I look closer lol) doing some auto attacking with no attack speed bonuses. Usually I just show attack speed buffed up ones BECAUSE that’s where the ping matters the most. That and fast skill using.

Also he leveled up stomp which I remember trying out in iCBT. It was terrible to use. Sometimes I’d jump and hit it and nothing would happen (it’s a skill specifically designed with jumping in mind) or it would happen at the end of the jump.

That skill gets more damage to it depending from how high you jump so you basically want to time it at the apex of the jump.

I remember personally auto attacking rarely as melee because damage was slow 'cos you attack so slowly with 2H and I don’t remember it ever being this smooth.

The Attack speed for highlander/barb isnt that much different from someone with 200-400ms, i mean i watch curry play on twitch and he attacks at about the same speed :3 not too bad at all :slight_smile:

If aa is the main disadvantage with high ping, couldnt IMC solve this easily by getting autoattack salves instead of single attacks? For example adding a new Attribute into the Main classes, “attack in salvo” the higher the lvl, the higher the amount of aa’s you’ll make in a row. Fast ping ppl wont have much of it since they only need to spam, but slow ping ppl will get a significant increase of attacks, since the server doesnt need to wait for the client each time.

Thats at least a compromise.

//goes write a suggestion

1 Like

The thing is there is always will be people with high ping no matter where the server is, i’m from brazil and i played all my life with 180+, when i get 120 with tunnels i feel like a god. The point is you can get a server sure no problem but if not just know your limitations, if you want a class that has 0cd or AA base know that you will do less DPS and accept it, or dont do the class. It’s not rocket science the game is in the most aspects not affected by the ping which is AMAZING thing if some classes have problems with it we players need to deal with it in our way

1 Like

What does “attack in salves” exactly mean here? I have trouble understanding what you mean

Auto-attack makro letting you attack up to 6 times serverside.

Ping issue can easily be resolved using IP mask, read about lowering ping on online games.