Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for PVE Lancer build

Just come back from long break and saw the new update. I’m looking for a Lancer PVE build, little bit PVP work too. Any suggest will help
thank guys

I’m rather surprised no one has replied yet as I am also looking for an answer to a good Lancer PvE build.

Now that Cata and Dragoon is absolute trash, I am looking to fit Lancer into my build. Not that I haven’t tried giving a chance to Dragoon, I did. Tried both HopGoon and CataGoon… It just horrible and clunky to play. Cata damage does not justify his SP cost while Dragoon2 is just so clunky to play now, bad animations, pathetic damage.

Then I reset into a SW3>Hop3>Cor1>Lancer today and oh boy is the animation on Lancer so much more smoother and faster, the damage is GOOD. Lancer’s C1 skill Crush and Quintain are also great, good debuff attribute!

So I am curious what possible builds are there?

As I said I tried SW3>Hop3>Cor1>Lancer and I dislike that Cor1 doesn’t seem to benefit much as jolly roger dismount you upon usage and hook + keel hauling is more of a pvp skill.

Not sure if Highlander and Barb skills will dismount the lancer when casted?

“OMG LANCER PVE VADE RETROS SATANAS IT’S ONLY FOR PVP RAAAAAAAH !!”

Sorry … :yum:

More seriously, Lancer PVE is possible. Even better : it’s very good !

I never liked Dragoon, even before the patch. I was Sw2>Hop1>Cata3>Goon1 before and it was awful. Too static for really average damage. Even after taking Lancer, dragoon skills was discordant with my build. I dare not imagine how it is now …

Fortunately, the reset allowed me to replace Goon1 with Hop2 (so now, i’m Sw2>Hop2>Cata3>Lancer1), and it’s much better. The combo Crush/Quintain is already very powerful, but it’s even better with Spear Lunge just before. On the other hand, having no innate AOE ratio, Lancer skills have a little difficulty reaching large mob groups.

That’s why I stay with Cata3. It is true that Cata damage have suffered with the patch, but it remains useful, especially for the knockdown which allows to send the mob flying to murder them quietly with (SL+)C+Q. Cata is also very handy for distributing my Restrain (then have the guaranteed crit on slowed targets with the Steed Charge attribute). And I love playing “hit and run” :grinning:

To finish about the Lancer, Joust is useful, not only to break magic circles, but also to leave a group of mob (that can be crossed), always for the “hit and run”. Initiate is also welcome, although I almost never encounter mob blocking. And I have not yet tested Unhorsing … (Obviously not to dismount the mobs, but maybe damage are interesting ?).

About Hop2, I love Stabbing. Even if it’s static, it’s still powerful (and the evasion bonus is welcome). I have a little more trouble with Pierce whose damage has never been incredible. But he makes a good filler. Where I have a big doubt is with Finestra … Finestra lvl 10, it’s +150 crit chance (wouah !), 175% block (still nice), but -250 evasion ! (-500 with aoe+3 attribute !!). It’s hard … So now I use it at level 5 (+100 / 100% / -125), the rest in Spear Lunge.

I didn’t choose Highlander or Barbarian because they have too many skills that dismount us (according to tosbase, Cartar Stroke/Crosscut/Vertical Slash with Highlander, and Embowel/Stomping Kick/Cleave/Seism/Giant Swing with Barbarian). It could have been interesting, especially for the Crosscut/Skyliner combo, but the dismount is too problematic. It’s also possible to choose Sw3>Cata3, but no other C1 class interests me before Lancer 1 (and all with dismount problems).

That’s about my Lancer PVE build Sw2>Hop2>Cata3>Lancer1 (level 293). In the end, I like this build. It may not be the most effective, but I have a lot of fun with ! :blush:

PS : And the costume is very beautiful ! :heart_eyes:
PS bis : And the sounds of Crush and Quintain are like a dog barking :joy:
PS ter : I add my build here. I also tested Unhorsing and it is much more powerful than Joust !

2 Likes

This is interesting. I’ve always wanted to make another spear build aside from dragoon. Imagine how disappointed I was when lancer came out to be a pure pvp class.

Full STR, plate sets.

DOV - Cleave - Double Slash - Cyclone

DOV - Spear lunge - Crush - Quintain - Joust - pierce - stabbing.

DPE for farming.

Heeyyyy could I have your stat build? I’m trying to save a character I made before now that I’m returning and I plan on going the same way class wise as you (though with pelt 1 instead of sw2 since my char was already sw 1 pelt 1 hop2) and keep reading about how terrible dragoon is.

I’ve screwed up some skill points already though but I don’t think it’s bad enough that it makes me wanna pay for a reroll, I’m more worried about stats. I’m currently at something like 75 con invested and rest in dex lol…