Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for a TOS Starter build

Good day Archers!

I’m a fellow who’s just starting ToS, about a 3 weeks in right now. I’d like to pick your brains a little for some tips on what would be the best build to pursue with the rank 8 update in the corner. After lurking the forums for days while at work, I’ve summed up these 3 builds as to be my prospects. Eventually I’d like to try them all out but as a starter without no funds for end/mid game items, it will be nice to know which one will be more suited for my first run through with the current ToS pve content.

A2 - R1 - SC1 - RO1 - FA1 - MUSK1

A2 - R1 - SC1 - FL3

A2 - R1 - SC1 - FL 2 - FA1 (Falc for 200+ parties?)

STR:DEX Ratio shall be 1:1 with 30-50 con I guess? Since I don’t have those fancy jewelries yet. :smiley:

Thanks and Good Hunting!

2nd build is current fl3 meta good vs boss hunt but don’t provide much for party grinding
1st build is a good path for musket other than QS3, have many combo, may need many short cut because there’re many skill. but if you can handle it this is fine build too.
either 1st or 2nd are fine, with incoming R8 I don’t think 3rd build don’t seem that good

Thank you! I agree about the 3rd build. I just added that on the options because I thought falcon would help with fletcher solo and party grinds. I really want to try musket because it was my fave toon when I first watched the ToS trailer. But seeing all this Mergen vids from ktos, I’d like to try that one out too.

if you choose 1st you have to know musket pretty slow. It’s a HARD mode. If you change musk to cannon then it will change to EASY mode. Musk or Cannon upon your love. (I’m a musketeer anyway lol that why I know about weak point of musketeer)

2nd yeah just like frontler said it for boss hunt in R7 patch. But lack for AOE.

3rd no idea.

Aww that’s a bummer. So its a choice between going PEWPEW or BOOMBOOM on the first build. I’ll need to watch some cannon vids then. Would the 2nd build go well with mergen? I might not have a lot of funds to buy to weapons. So going mergen will be ideal. I’m planning to invest my extra silvers after attributes to petas and crit bracelets.

FYI the meta is very boring, just wanted to let you know before you jumped into it. You’ll do alot of damage but it will be boring as fk.

You need to watch either Musket & Cannon vid. I just tell you what I feel while play.

2nd can go with mergen… Yes. try to read some of topic about class 8 if you can accept how weak of mergen then it’s fine. (this’s upon your love too lol)

you can see gameplay of mergen/musket/cannon in this link. mr.greyhiem post a lot of r8 vid.

1 Like

People told me, Fletcher is an all-in class (Should go to C3).

I had the idea about A2R1S1FL2FA1 by myself, i think its solid.

Meta here, Meta there; its not that boring, A2R1S1 is just a supersolid choice, i think. Whatever you do afterwards, that build provides you with a lot of stuff for the later levels.

1 Like

I felt this with my supposed to be elememe (first toon). Got bored and now she’s stuck at femidian while I run around with my new archer. :smile:

The skills looks flashy lol but yeah I really want to try out musket more. I’d just make do with the slow pewpew.

Agree! The utilities of these first 4 ranks are too good to pass up. I’m 9/15 on my scout now and would most likely reach rank 5 on my rest days, hence the thread question hehe.

Mergen is only circle 1 atm :[ wait till they get to circle 3. (Think Fletcher Circle 1 without magic arrow).
vs.
Musket 2 + SR3
I hope at circle 3 Mergen will be an aoe machine.

I think we already saw 2 of mergen c2 skill (only info) jump shot and snap shot.
yes it really good.
Jump shot have insane dmg start with 8000+ base dmg.
Snap shot pretty fast with o cd (from description lol).

I don’t said because I don’t like mergen. I like this class and I create char for play mergen too. I just want to said about weakness of that class 1st(ex musketeer slow/hard to use/a lot of bug duo map/ping). if ppl can accept then it fine.

Considering my funds right now in game and my available play time during work days, I’m considering the A2 - R1 - SC1 - FL3 - Mergen path. My only concern is that it may be boring and that I might not be able to solo farm fast due to the lack of aoe. Or is there any other build out there that works well for the task I have at hand? :smiley: I really appreciate your replies.

Fletcher 3 = boss killer. If you are looking for AoE then fletcher isn’t for you, try sapper or other class instead. I like killing bosses and seeing #1 + high constant dps. Think of Fletcher as Magick Archer, constantly casting skills. If you like active play style / non auto-attacking then Fletcher is for you. The biggest problem for you will be funding it. It’ll cost a lot of silver to maintain a fletcher (arrows crafting).

I was liking everything you were saying up until the “funding” part lol. That’s a huge bummer tho I really wanted to try out fletcher too and was hoping to rank it up to mergen. I guess I gotta hold back on fletching for now. Might pick up a musket or a cannon or try a scout 3 for farming and content exploration.

A2 R3 SR3 is currently one of the strongest classes for aoe damage and farming in KToS, I say go for that.

You could do a variation of A2 R1 Wugu2 SR3, lets you solo missions as well for boss card farming.

I agree. SR3 is one of strongest and easy to use right now.

I can confirm that fletcher c3 is one of the most boring thing on earth. Now that i think about it ide rather watch the paint dry than play fletch c3. Cant count how many times i tried to keep going and level him up. First got to fletch c1 and be damn skills sucks, then be like wait till c2, thats where the real fun start. Then get c2, invest 5 points in ma then start seeing some real good numbers ( that was way before the 1 to 5 number in group play). Stop playin for a while, come back when i got bored of my fencer, get to feltch c3, then stop again. Came back to him when they introduce the rank dps number in group play, then quit again. Got to 230 ish and godamn other than bossing you’ll feel useless in most aspect of the game (grind, solo play).