Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for a farm wizard build

I know this is a better job for a archer, but I want to try wiz branch.
My idea is a class to clean fast a field to farm items, that is why I thought about one circle of Thraumaturge, for the 2x exp and double drop, but I dont know about the others ranks to take.

So, What kind wiz build can kill fast a lot of mobs (like with only one attack) and get one circle of Thraumaturge too?

I have been reading a lot but I am not still sure about what to take, maybe an archer is better but archer does not have double drop I think.

Some help please :blush:

Pyro+Linker+Thaum is nice.

Yes I thought something like that, but as I dont like fireballs because they are statics, I was thinking cryo/phyco but not sure if this is strong enough to kill fast mobs with one shot

Best fielding skill is probably Wiz3’s Magic Missile

I don’t think Thaum’s a good reason to choose Wiz for field farming. Swell Body is a melee skill with super tiny AoE. you’re highly unlikely to hit more than 2 enemies with it without wasting a lot of time, without linker or cryo

So… I should keep in mind linker and thaum, then some class to hit hard after using swell body with join penalty, some idea?

Magic Missile… again

Haha ok, wiz3, linker and thaum, sounds hard to level xD but yes maybe the best for what I want, thank you!

Just go Wiz3 -> Linker -> Thaum

Wiz 1 and 2 will be hell but Wiz3’s probably the easiest R3 for fielding and Wiz3 - Linker is actually one of the stronger routes outside of dungeon bosses at R4 (you’ll have a party for that anyway). Even up until the Lv130 dungeon, my Wiz3 - Linker2’s still killing everything in its JP with the JP-HK-MM combo. For fields, you can use them separately so you don’t always have to wait for cool down. MM (x2) can work on its own, while you JP-HK-EBx3 during cd

A question, what exactly do HK? To use it before EB

Some weird reaction. I also saw a video showing how it doubles Earthquake too (but inadvisable since it breaks the link). So i guess it might work on all AoE Ratio-type attacks. It does not do any form of damage boost for Land Deployment attacks aside from Hail though (besides the elemental attributes bonuses).

After doing some tests, it seems like the HK isn’t necessary for the EB doubling its damage, but it would help.

Let’s take this scenario:
http://i.imgur.com/zjGY5G9.png
Monsters A, B, C, and D are all linked (JP)
Monsters B and C are close enough for Energy Bolt’s AoE to hit both of them without links

If I EB Monster C then Monsters A and D take the damage of one EB, while Monsters B and C take twice as much. If I HK between JP and EB, all those monsters take twice as much damage.

So I’m guessing maybe what happens with Magic Missile is that MM was coded to have a fixed AoE Ratio of 1 and to have the teeniest tiniest area of effect, and HK allows you to bypass this.

Pyro2 > Linker > Thaum is better for farming imo than Wiz3 linker thaum.

Ahh so HK its for doubling damage, but its not necessary with EB.

I thought about that too, but main pyro skill is fireball, you use one to kill all linked monsters , but while join penslty is on cooldown, you only can to cast another fireball to hit only one mob, that is what I dont like. Anyway I would like to know your opinion

By the way, I was thinking about psycho class, I think I like it, but I think its not good for farming, maybe I am wrong…

fireball is an AoE (or rather AoE attack ratio dependent skill) also Pyro2 has better boss killing potential than one-trick pony called Wiz3. In a mindless grind Pyro once again wins over Wiz3 because he can farm with AAs (Fire Enchant, 1h sacrament from pardoners, carifsun, arde + elemental attack headgears and you are an AA machine).

Also note that Magic Missile works poorly with linker’s Joint Penalty. It is either bugged or is considered an AoE attack.

Just so you know, quick cast attribute increases auto attack damage as well.

that attribute doesnt work on elemental additional hits.

Yup that is correct.

Uhm you are right, and AAs are really better for farming.

One question, when you say elemental attack headgears, you mean any headgeards with a scroll which has some magic property attack, right?

Then that is a option, and I think its better than Wiz3.

A question nizidr, same as AAs from pyro, could I get good AAs too from Cryo/Psycho?

All of these builds would take too long to farm high level mobs (>100k hp from lv 240+). If you want futureproof there are only 2 choices:

Wiz 3 - Ele 3 - Warlock:
Frost Cloud destroy any high hp mobs. Magic Missile + Dark Theurge faceroll any low hp mobs on your patch.

Wiz 3 - Psy 3 - Warlock:
Replace Frost Cloud by Gravity Pole, the dmg is not as good but more safer thanks to cc (high level mobs hit really hard).

thing is Pyro’s Fire Enchant skill adds additional hit to AA and damage to all hits very much like Sacrament does and works quite magnificently together with elemental damages from other sources.