Tree of Savior Forum

List of Planned/Future Changes

Recently, IMC have added a list of future changes they’re planning to add. These include major changes to skills, and other changes to characters, monsters and companions. These changes are not currently implemented.

You can find a translated summary of this list here.

This list will be updated whenever I see any new updates.

You can find the original (untranslated) version here, and it will be also listed in the Patch Notes Archive here.

If there is any incorrect or improperly translated information there, please feel free to correct me.

“Barbarian skills Aggressor and Savagery will be removed.”

Now we will have some diversity in the Warrior tree, instead of almost everyone and their moms feeling obligated to get Barb for the semi-broken buffs.

Divine Might adjustment seems like it will only give 1 extra level for skills, but apply for the whole party and might be for more than one cast.
I feel this will also remove the obligation some people feel to get Cleric C2.

I saw companion nerfs coming, tho a little heartbreaking, they are fair.

All changes looks to be for the best.

Good bye Savagery… Im gonna miss Ya :cry: Anyway…this actually good change for balance… . Now most people are not gonna rely on barbarian class combination which is good thing…

I agree. When planning out various attack-based Swordsman builds for testing, 99% of my builds involved Barbarian just for their buffs. Now, there’s definitely more diversity and less sense of loss because you didn’t pick up Barbarian’s buffs.

Yeah, with Divine Might’s translation, it’s definitely now a party buff. The 2nd part still seems unclear when translated, though how I deciphered it originally:

‘Divine Might will be renewed. Changed to a party buff skill, skill level will increase but applies multiple times based on level (+1 skill usage per level) rather than increasing skill level further.’

I’m assuming that does mean it’ll raise skill level (not sure by how much) but multiple times based on the skill’s level. I’ve not included it until I get some further clarification, I don’t want to spread a lot of misinformation. :wink:

Again, I agree, these changes are very good.

This is the best thing to happen to the Swordsman classes to date.

Those Barbarian changes just saved the entire Swordsman tree and opened up a ton of viable builds. Now I can choose anything and everything else without feeling gimped just because I didn’t choose Barbarian and most other guys did.

The strongest buff left is Hoplite’s Finestra now but it’s weapon restricted and screws up your evasion so it’s not too bad overall. Highlander’s 2H sword crit attribute is another one that’s going to be big now, maybe this will get toned down or removed later on too.

Overall, very very happy for this change. Makes me have faith in this game again.

Waiting for the new simulator… :sparkles:

You’ll have to wait for these changes to actually be implemented first. :wink:

Onehand users + shield are the only class that does not have extra Dmg buff… but they have much better defense and defense skills.

Well Oracle just got a whole lot less interesting.

Interesting. The party buff part of Divine Might is rly good…I’m curious about the other part…
I don’t know if they rly had to totally remove Call of Deities…but I won’t miss it that much tbh it looked a bit ridiculous that ppl just leveled on that…XD

I’m curious if a lvl 200 companion can survive against higher level monsters or not btw… aaand about the new Simony skill list too :o

Simony: “i talked with the developer last week. he said zaibas and cure will be removed from simony list for sure” -Riesz_ (ToS Reddit)

I’m guessing the lvl 200 companion cap is just temporary to scale it with the current player cap of 200 ( like they did with the alch’s awakening skill). Even with the 200 cap, if you invest enough $$$ in training the pet then it’ll survive.

I don’t rly understand what they want with Simony… I think it will become useless slowly I hope they have exact plans for it and not just nerfing it to death. Well… we will see soon I guess…

I haven’t event touched the revamped Savagery yet! :frowning:
Time to go back to Corsair then.

btw…
I’m loving these changes, really. This opens up a whole new possibilites for Swordsman. People can now invest on getting higher circle at Highlander with its new addition of skills, or even Rodelero if my prediction is correct regarding their skills act as disabler (tank + support CC anyone?). Corsair is boosted, that’s good, people might invest in Corsair because of its kind of hybrid-ish tree.

Overall, I see what they do for Swordsman class, they want to remove the reliance to auto attack and more action using the offensive skills they added. This might make the Swordsman to lose in popularity for people who seek a class that has as much DPS as possible, but I’m still playing one as I find them attractive especially Corsair with the new skills addition.

Updated with the 22nd of September patch. You can see the implemented changes here, and check the overall changes to skills here.

Major updates:

• List of skills you can create scrolls with Simony has been updated. (Check the 2nd link for the list, it’s been added now!)

• Call of Deities removed.

• Pyromancer C1 Skill - Flame Ground added.

• Elementalist C3 Skill - Frost Cloud added.

• Divine Might effect renewed. Now a party buff. Secondary effect still ambiguous, translation provided in the 2nd link.

Lets just rename simony to “Heal Scroll” lol

They removed Heal on it too. So maybe “Daino Scroll”. Lol.

Well, seeing as they’ve removed Heal from the list of skills which can be Simony’d…

Check here for more info on Flame Ground. (Look for the Pyromancer section.)

Wow okay well then. lets rename the skill “please replace this skill”

Damn… isn’t that just a better version of Fire Wall? I’m not sure about this skill being different than the current skills though. It’s like having Fire Wall (no stun lock)+ Fire Ball (Damage)+ Fire Pillar (AoE and no attack counter AFAIK) all bunched into one skill.