Tree of Savior Forum

[Linux] The graphic card does not support DirectX11 (13EP)

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) :

Server Name:
Fedimian

Team Name:
Demonevil

Character Name:

Bug Description :
Yesterday the ToS works well today that the 13ep update is taking place inserted dx11 still does not help and turned on DXVK also does not help something to breakdown client :frowning:

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. steam 13ep update
  2. running tos choose 32 bit or 64 bit i chose 64 bit works well
  3. following messages below screen not support dx11
  4. 32 bit and 64 bit always message dx11 and dx9 I do not see just disappeared

Screenshots / Video :

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

System

• CPU : AMD 3 3100
  • RAM : 16GB
  • Graphics Card : RX5500XT
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region :
1 Like

I think they said that if your card isn’t compatible with DX11 you need to choose the 32bit mode.

32 bit mode still doesn’t help

1 Like

I used to play other MMORPG Archeage DX11 64bit works well my Linux DXVK

I thought the reason for the game engine DX11 is very bad of course, if they do not fix IMC then I no longer play ToS forever. (ToS made the Path Engine not too bad)

Ah you’re using Wine. You can’t play it there - there’s no DX11 support for Wine in Linux. https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=33406&p=126202

not linux guy either, but in DXVK’s faq said something like:

Note: Some games may work when setting dxgi.fakeDx10Support = True in the DXVK configuration file for the game.

you might be able to run in 32bit/dx9 mode with that config. maybe need to use DXVK from that repo, instead of WINE’s one?

but to be honest, i think you should open an issue on the repo, might be someone who knows better there

I’ll deal with DXVK or VKD3D later

I now testing Lutris games, launching ToS did not help black screen “The graphic card does not support DirectX11” and crash crashes (DXVK and VKD3D they have long supported DX9/10/11/12)

has anyone already tested ToS 13ep for Linux and MacOS ?

I dont know specifics about linux, I just want to clarify having DX 11 installed and having hardware support for its features are different things.

1 Like

today updated the client nothing has changed sad

Was able to run both x32 and x64 with dx11 (dxvk) using standard windows Steam running in wine-6.0 (Staging)
Keywords
winetricks:
vcrun2019 (probably vcrun2017 or vcrun2015 are fine too)
dxvk (1.7.3)
probably d3dcompiler_47
probably win7

1 Like

@eaa1987 which Linux distribution?

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
_

understandable, this is very strange :weary:

I don’t understand IMC why two 32/64bit and dx9/dx11 I didn’t like it :confused:

@staff better put only standard 64bit/dx11 delete with the old 32bit/dx9? (people old PC 32 bit it’s your problem it is difficult to buy a new PC it is difficult or what)

if the client removed bit32/dx9, the client would now work fine on any OS :worried:

I have managed to get ToS working flawlessly by running Proton-6.1-GE-2 in steam itself:

Download: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases
Installation instructions: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom#installation

Didn’t use any launch options. I’m also using the 64bit client.

Edit: 8 Days of playing so far, no crashes or weird issues.

2 Likes

@Casey ToS works fine thank you :+1:

2 Likes