Tree of Savior Forum

Linux Self Support thread

Hey All,

Since the mod’s have said that running in Wine isn’t a bannable offense, I thought we should start a thread to help each other through the wine configuration.

So far I have installed Steam and TOS in a 32 bit drive on Play On Linux following stuff I read on WineHQ: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32785&iTestingId=91180

Running Xubuntu 15.10 using the open source ATI drivers.

TOS patches and runs but the GUI is sluggish (mouse is responsive though!) so I will need to troubleshoot more and see how the game is when it is finally released.

1 Like

Another GNU/Linux user here running the latest Arch Linux.
Wine Staging 1.9.5 works great so far with CSMT enabled in wineconfig.
Only annoying bug I have seen is that the launcher tends to minimize while downloading and staying there until finished. But game will autostart anyway so this is really minor.

GUI is working fine on my end here but using Nvidia proprietary drivers so it might be an AMD thing.

HOWTO:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.treeofsavior/ winecfg
winetricks msxml3 vcrun2010 flash steam
winecfg

In wineconfig set msvcr100.dll to NATIVE and d3dx11_42 NATIVE

A sticky for Linux and Mac would be really nice.

EDIT:

So I tested the game without CSMT enabled and holy ■■■■ it lags at 30fps.
With CSMT I hover around 140 fps. you will need wine staging for this because the feature is experimental. ENABLE CSMT FOR MASSIVE FPS GAIN DO IT.

2 Likes

CSMT is pure blessing.
Not only it increases FPS but I remember that it fixed some of my bugs in Sora no Kiseki when I enabled it for the first time :slight_smile:

Thanks for the steps !
Seems like I’ll have to add another prefix…
I’ll have to find how to use my Windows ToSdir in Linux ~~

I did not kow about CSMT, thans for the advice.

You can easily use an already existing Steam installation :
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam/Wine#Using_a_pre-existing_Steam_installation