Tree of Savior Forum

Tos on linux using wine - Can't load config files

I’m trying to get tree of savior running on my linux laptop using wine, but I’m having some problems. Any kind soul willing to help me out?

I’ve installed steam using winetricks, along with msxml3, vcrun2010 and flash (i.e. using the command winetricks msxml3 vcrun2010 flash steam). And I’ve also set msvcr100 to run as native only (in winecfg > Libraries).

But whenever I start tree of savior one of two things happen:

• Either the launcher appears and gets stuck at “Arranging files”, and then a while later an error message pops up saying “Can’t load config files”

• Or the launcher doesn’t appear, just the error message after a short while.

From what I’ve gathered from other people with similar problem is that there seems to be a problem with DirectX. But I’ve tried pretty much every solution I’ve found on the forum / reddit and have had no success so far.

I’ve tried using both a fresh install of tree of savior and one copied from my main pc, with every patch and whatnot already installed. Also tested with different windows versions, mostly xp and w7. According to a comment here, w7 or higher is required to run on wine.

Hi @Sylphid! Kindly submit a ticket through our Support for us to help you further with this problem.

With last version (1.9.11~1.9.15) you don’t need to install these things, just make a clean WINEPREFIX and install steam via winetricks, nothing more.

Thanks you two, I appreciate the help!

I managed to get it running somewhat satisfactory using PlayOnLinux, without really fiddling with too many settings.

@GM_Francis I didn’t want to bother you guys with linux questions since I know tos isn’t officially supported on the system. But it’s great knowing you are willing to help anyway! Keep it up! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

@Shyyyyy That’s might be why I didn’t get it working. I was using the latest stable version, which is 1.8.3. Altough, the game is working on POL which is currently using version 1.7.53. I should check if I can get it running using only wine/winetricks with version 1.9.15 installed. Thanks!

1 Like