Tree of Savior Forum

[LINKER] Status in the international release (As of April 8th, 2016)

I’ve personally never seen Joint Penalty wear off before it’s duration is up in dungeons because when things are linked, they usually die very quickly. I think Linker is still worth it. Even with the extra CD on Joint Penalty and the Hangman’s Knot nerf, I still think they are a really good class. Spiritual Chain is still really good and Umbilical Cord I am sure has some uses when you go full support.

Gg IMC just kill the linker class

So you better delete this class out of the game

I guess they never ever play linker so they dont know what did they just done

The only change I disagree with is Joint Penalty having its CD increased. Hangman’s Knot needed a nerf. Maybe not to the level it got, but it needed something. It was way too good prior.

Also I want to keep this topic about Linker’s skills, more specifically about their changes since the CBT. So any posts about one’s opinion on Linker buffs/nerfs should be posted elsewhere.

I have a theory that it is 10 skills rather than 10 hits? Because the disappearance rate is still pretty high enough for me when it comes to bosses at the missions. Either way it’s really hard to find out what is causing the stupid bug and I hope some staff member would address it soon.

10 skills… that could be hit. I’d love a staff member’s comment on this.

@STAFF_Julie, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan

@GM_Francis, @GM_Sebastian

Could we get some information on this change regarding Joint Penalty?

I don’t have video proof but I just tried it with my Hoplite friend. They used “Thrust” 12 times and Joint Penalty did not break @elysium.

1 Like

This makes me wanna skip linker in the build I was gonna do.

Maybe it was linking only 6 enemies instead of 10 for level 14/15, before the patch

Yeah I was thinking that too. Would love confirmation though.

Would be strange as I was able to link 8 before the patch

In my opinion i think they should lower the cool down of the jp skill to its original cd and just keep the no. Of monters linked based from my experience in L2 , jp @ lvl 10 links 8 monsters. Or they can link 10 monsters and retaining the current cd… or they can keep the same cd and amount of monsters but add the aoe multiplier

In terms of the jp bug i dont know if there is one in (lvl 100 missions) since i havent tried it but in dungeons and regular grinding it dpesnt seem to have a hit cap.

*the link ends by some chance if monsters are knocked up or if a monster tends run away too far from the linked monsters.

*in terms of jp dmg distribution based on my observation. It distributes the skill and then makes it dmg. To be more exact. ( it doesnt distribute the damage that pops out of your screen)

If 1 monster is recieving 1k damage due to magic bonus and the other monster is resistant to fire/magic it receives just 500 dmg instead of 1k.

For hangmans knot i think they should add more root time to it cause after gathering a mob with JP,. Cast animation is included to the timer i think. Because after it getting pulled its enough tome to be able to cast 1 fireball and panics just to evade the mob.

Sorry but i forgot the name of the skill that makes you link your party members for disperse damage. But i would agree there is a bug because it doesnt get divided the last i checked. ( but ill check it out again and make a video out of it).
The damage gets distributed with the same amount of damage the tank receives and its not divided.

*IMC needs to check this out because these are the linkers most essential skills in leveling and if not sought off consider this class destroyed

Hope this helps :blush:

Please buff Spiritual Chain again, for the love of God. C2 Linker is a jooooooooke. And please fix/buff Physical Link, what is up with this stupid, disappointing and buggy skill? It can link more than the party limit allows, can link up to 3 at level 1 when it says 1 max link, and it is sooo badly designed. It’s like using Joint Penalty on your own team. Buff/fix TYVM.

You know, Spiritual Chain still passes some great stuff. You can pass Healing Factor which is great and you can also pass Running Shot which raises the party’s DPS by a ton. Since this last patch, I have not had Joint Penalty end early. It seems to be working for me but I’d like to ask for any confirmation from any other Linkers.

Is Joint Penalty still ending early? I’d like to update the OP.

Yes it still ends early.

Running Shot is exclusive to a C3 QS tho, and that is so rare in non-premades. I feel like the whole skill(SC that is) is so exclusive since it only passes specific self-buffs, some are omitted. Which makes the skill really dumb as there’re many cases where it literally does nothing if specific class is not there. Which is just unacceptable IMO. Seeing how the Linker class already does nothing but JP+HK. The rest of it’s ability are almost useless or detrimental to the party, and the C3 is too far in to invest making it unappealing(not saying there’s none).

I wouldn’t mind the current state of SC if they increase the target limit of JP back to 1/Lv

This. And it might actually make sense since the limit at lvl 5 is still 5 which nerfs the appeal of taking 1 class of linker only, since everyone was complaining that 1 class of linker used to offer too much appeal.

Seems to be working fine for me now. Still unsure if I should go C3 or not tho.

Def no, you’ll regret it. It’s so boring being a Linker, you should switch ASAP to something else when you can, anything above C1 is honestly redundant and niche.

I don’t want a JP buff, I want a Physical Link buff or fix. It should not break armor so fast, it should not flinch everyone, it should not be a linked Joint Penalty.

It’s unfortunate but I still like my Linker C2 and pray for a buff one day/month/year.

I too pray for a buff, just to share almost every self-buff, I mean come on… Some of it isn’t even that good and they can’t be shared. I absolutely hate C2, regret it a ton.