Tree of Savior Forum

Linker c2 + Ele + Warlock (build inside)

Hello fellow wizards!

As Im lvling my squire money maker right now Im thiking about adopting this wrizard build later on in the game…

Im looking for alot of control with sleep and linker+ele debuffs, plus some new skills to play with as a warlock…

Its ok or Im missing something? Ive spent 10 points in energy bolt since I dont want to only use magic missile, opnions?

Also, a friend told me that INT does not really affect your damage output, so I should maybe run full con with some spr?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Last think, whats the difference between 2handed and 1handed mage weapons?

sleep doesnt work on flying enemies.

Also i dont think that taking R4 class on R6 is a good idea. Necromancer looks better there with his flesh cannon, hoop and pole(or shoggoth). IMO

As for build:
not taking lethargy even at 1 is a mistake - it has a nice attribute for party play and works even on bosses.

Warlock - not taking invocation 5 is also a mistake - you want that 30% dark damage attribute.

Ele - stone curse is an awful skill.

You have plenty of points left on your linker, yet you havent maxed JP/HK.

IMO, it would be better to take something else besides elementalist 1, since at class 1, elementalists don’t have much to provide.

INT does affect your damage output, but not as much as you would think since it doesn’t scale that well with the current skills (I think meteor is the only skill with % damage modifier). So yea, probably high con with a bit of spr would be a good build.

Difference between 2handed and 1handed mage weapon are basically the raw damage that it provides. Generally, 2 handed weapons (Staffs) have a higher base damage compared to 1 handed weapons (Rods). Although, you can equip other 1 handed weapons such as maces or swords, it’s up to you which one you want. Personally, I would suggest using a rod and shield for survivability.

uopss

forgot about those points in JP/HK, I will be sure maxing it!

for the sleep, what do you mean with flying monsters? you mean that if the monsters got wings or levitating from the ground sleep wont affect them thats it?

I thought letargy would be only good at highlevel, should I invest points from sleep into it?

As for invocation, should I take points from pole of agony or dark theurge?

thank you

I really like the elementalist move set, but at the same time I dont want to lose the utility/support Linker provides…

Should I consider getting L1 only maybe?

L2 gives me 3 more mobs to link, 1 more second in bind and the “share buff” link, Im not sure if its worth it tho, but seems an up

Honestly there’s nothing good about the elementalist move set at circles 1/2 - you either go 3 or 0.

I disagree.
I have linker 1, ele 1 in my build, and currently soloing fine at level 175 with my c1 ele skills.
He will be doing much more damage than me because c2 linker. This is because the damage in the elec+linker combo is incredible the more links there are. Every mob gets hit 3 times, but that is now shared across the link on each mob that is hit. So 3 * 8 (elect rank 5 hits 8) , every mob will be hit 24 times. I only have C1 and it’s enough to kill mostly every group on mob.

The cast time isn’t bad because hangman bind is long enough to hold them all.

Prom with attribute allows you to kill any monster, and especially great in aoe it has surprisingly high DPS, and easy to control with the attribute because the flames always come out of the ground where your feet are.

Plus hail is just a great AoE for dungeons and bosses.
He doesn’t even need high int to pull this off. 100 con off the bat would be great.

I do agree that getting ele so late in the build is kind of weird, because job ranks level slower, so your dps won’t be improved for a long while. Especially don’t need quickcast when going linker linker right after. One of the highest damage Wiz combos is Hangman + Magic Missle. Even at full con you’ll one shot dungeon creeps, especially because Quick cast. So maybe:
Wiz > Wiz > Linker > Wiz > Ele > Linker > Warlock.
((You only need auto attacks for first 3 ranks. Buy buffs from town. Linking will increase leveling speed a lot more than Wiz 3))

This also will also allow you time to rethink that Linker c2 based on your playstyle if you need it still or not.

Thank you!

Im at Wiz2 right now, got one point in lethargy and energy bolt at 10 and sleep at 5, the surespell is at 5 too… I dont know what I should invest but my only real goal would be magic missiles.

Quickcast is not needed? I thought it would be a good utility fitting, specially in cases I need to be agile.

About stats, I got like 20 points in spr and 20 in con already, none at others… I just invested 1 point in INT and it changed my autoattack damage for 1 haha…

How is your stats looking?

I’m going Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock and I think it somehow feels like your build.

Linker is a beast alied to Warlock, but Linker 2 is not worth it, 6 -> 8 links provide you only 33% more damage, but more monsters makes it harder to keep all of them within it’s range.

Sorc 2 provides MUCH more damage than Ele C1/C2, cat buffs are very good for warlock and warlock’s att makes bats hit harder (maybe temple shooter too? Haven’t tested it). It doesn’t look that strong but only because you don’t consider his damage has 100% uptime and big AoE with no maximum hits apparently. Also having a tanker under your command helps a lot.

I dont like sorc :frowning: I really enjoy Ele skill sets tho.

I was thinking about Link2 because of 3 more monsters taking dmg in linking, that way increasing the overall damage too, and the bind would last for 1 second more…

But its a loooong way still :confused:

Whats your playstyle? You are mostly going solo or you’d rather stay in parties?

Ele c1 isn’t that good esp late game, when its dmg output decreases.

Depending what play style would you prefer, maybe this setups would be better:

1)Wiz3/Link3/Warlock - Hard beginnings but should be awsome late lvls - ppl would love you in earth tower - as linker you could share QC with others and when you get your warlock (+ other high dmg classes r8-r10) - dmg output should be amazing

2)Wiz1/Cryo3/Kino3 - great both in parties as in solo

3)Wiz1/Cryo3/Link3 - mob grouper - party only

4)Wiz1/Cryo3/Chrono3 - best cc

5)Wiz1/Cryo1/Kino3/Link1/Warlock

1 Like

Does Cat buffs affect all party members or only its Master? So would I (as wiz3/ele3/wl) have more dps from my Warlock’s spells when i’m in party with Sorc (with summon servant spell obviously)?

I truly believe getting elementalist 1 is not worth it at all (specially at rank 6). It’s not only about the fact that the true Ele skill is frost cloud at circle 3, but also all c1 ele skills, at level 5, suck in damage.

The thing is they scale REALLY well going into level 10 - 15 (electrocute and hail), so when u reach C3 things start to flow and u become a true DPS.

I think u benefit more taking even thauma 1 or linker 3 to be honest, as a better setup for ur rank 7 and for the future, but that just me.

From what i have seen from linker 2, honestly, i dont think Spiritual chain is that great of a spell compared to so many other support options we have in thauma/chrono, or even cryo paths. Linker class is an okay choice for C1 for the efficiency depending on ur build, but if u go c2 or c3 u literally gain 1 new skill per circle and a TERRIBLE scaling path for Joint Penalty and Hangman’s Knot. I know wiz 3 - linker 3 is a fair common build at ktos, but it is a much more useful and efficient build there, believe me.

maybe then

wiz-wiz-link-wiz-ele3

??

The thing is really enjoy the multiplier of the links and I really love the ele skill sets

also, magic missile seems good and the other wiz buffs seem nice

@krajkwitnacejwisni @leowow opnions?

also, right now I got 25 spr, 10 int and 15 con, how should I keep investing? 40 spr and rest con? Do I even need int?

what about that meteor skill from Ele2? Seems pretty strong

I’m gonna say what i said on another post few days ago. It may not be bad to go wiz 3 ele 3 - linker, but it just doesn’t to me, as u are basically trading a rank 7 option for a rank 3.
U can just take warlock/featherfoot and rely on someone else linking mobs for u, as u dont need to do everything.
I think if u really like linker but in a solo/offensive way, u should go for another path rather than elementalist, like a summoner build or so. If u really wanna be a TRUE linker, u can go wiz 3 - linker 3 - Warlock/FF to be supportive with some damage at rank 7.

I dont think it is worth it stop at elementalist 2, cause it really shines at C3 with frost cloud and close to max hail/electrocute/meteor.

not sure… i think that link 1 - ele 2 hit more than ele 3 with electrocute hail and meteor… yes u miss the frost but its 1 skill for 1 rank not sure if worth at all.

probably isnt bad idea go wiz2- link 1- ele 2- and… why not necro2? and let see what happens with rank 8 maybe op necro 3 … or u still can go to the wiz 3 in rank 8 for the quick cast if all is ■■■■

If you put Frost Cloud on a C1 on its own with no other skills, almost everyone would take it. It’s that good. I wouldn’t even go elementalist at all if it wasn’t for Frost Cloud

people go wizard for quick cast, people go elementalist for frost cloud and (to a lesser extent) hail.
Truth to be told, meteor damage is garbage even at lv 10. When mobs have 130k hp, your 30k hit isnt gonna mean anything. Electrocute is very situational. If you cant stack electrocute vs your enemies (ele advantage, link/freeze), its a pretty crap skill too.

since u get linker the electrocute is the most op skill cause u can stack easyly with the hang, in the other way the great skill (frost cloud) isnt good with the links, so why u have to expend a rank for this skill?

In the other hand u can avoid do ele 2, and go for wiz3-link2-necro … but it is going to be hard mode only party and u dont have rotation skills with necro…

So this link-ele electro is only oriented to aoe build and help to have rotate skills for the necro later and isnt hard mode party grind… Yeah i rlly miss the wiz 3… but rank 4 -5 if u already are wiz wiz link… are hard if u dnt take the ele option

it’s not any skill, it is just the best skill in the whole ele 3, besides more levels to put in hail/electrocute. So u are trading the third and best circle from a rank 4 class (so read rank 6 for c3) for a generic circle 1 of a rank 3 class, and just for 1 spell, which is joint penalty. Just let someone else be the linker in a party or become a dedicated linker yourself. If u stay in the middle of this, u wont be needed in parties at all later on.

Going wiz 2 - linker is even worse, u give up +50% matk from quickcast attribute which is applied to ALL of your skills, the cast time reduction (which is always nice) and even magic missile (amazing skill) just to be able to combo electrocute with 5 linked mobs.