Tree of Savior Forum

Level 200 and what to expect!

I’m not here to tell you how to level, where to level, or anything like that. There are enough guides out there already, but I am here to prepare you for the level 200 cheese.

First, no more quest! Or rather, very little quests are left so that means nothing but pure grinding. You will mostly experience this grind in the glorious Alemeth Forest and hunt down the Red Truffle in the first part of the map (if you come from Forest of Prayer). If you think you can do this solo you are sorely mistaken, these Truffles will rip you a new ■■■■■■■ without, at the minimum, a team of three (tank, healer, AOE DPS). Until new maps open up or spawn rates change I expect most people to grind level 212 to about level 245 at this map. The map itself is not a challenge with a healer and tank that are both attentive, and strong AOE DPS is nice for fast clearing. It is also possible for the team to lack a healer, but that just means there will be more deaths and down times during the grind so make friends with healing classes now, or just re-roll into one. However, the level 200 baptism comes before all of this if you decided to get all the level 9 and 10 exp cards you can.

In the maps: Resident Quarter (level 207 recommended) and Nahash Forest (level 233 reccommended) you will experience true terror if you’re not prepared. The mobs Brown Rambear (Resident Quarter) and Blue Spion Archer (Nahash Forest) will become the bane of your existence. My friend and I dub them Terror Bears and Navy Seal Raccoons because of how fast they can kill you. Each one of these godlike beings have over 50k hp each and can deal insane amounts of damage (over 2k per strike). I’m a Dopple with 22k hp and over 350 physical defense yet in about 3-15 seconds (depending on how many are aggro’d and how lucky I am with blocks) I will die to either mobs.

Of course the Terror Bears can be avoided because they lack range, but the Navy Seal Raccoons will haunt your dreams. Due to the increased ambush spawn rates, just walking around Nahash Forest will eventually get you killed. 5 Navy Seal members may suddenly jump up giving you, if you’re lucky, 2 seconds to escape their range. The key to beating both maps is preparation. Potions help mend the wounds but having a tank and healer will make the map go a lot smoother. Don’t try to tank everything at once, with the low spawn rates you can afford to go slow and still clear the area without worrying about exp/hr loss (if you’re crazy enough to grind these maps).

In short, level 200 is nightmare mode for solo players. There are many unreasonable mobs that are both tanky and deal tons of damage, so a party is vital to finishing certain maps without a lot of down time and/or deaths. Therefore, while you are still sub-200 be more active in the community and try to make some friends. Eventually you will need help later on so might as well make them now then later when there are few non premade parties that already have 5 members.

Edit: You can still get lvl 10 exp cards from the Adventure Journal via Wings of Vibora, but the amount you can get is not enough to pass level 245 (including the few quests you can complete atm) without any grinding. You can get to level 224/225 with these cards which is the average level of getting tier 7 classes though. Again, i’m not saying there are no quests, just very few in comparison to the last 180 levels. If you want to reach max level, currently, grinding is the only option aside from daily missions and arguably dungeons.

14 Likes

Seems really cool and challenging. Thanks for the input. Keep it up.
:bee:

cant wait to get to those maps still 179 atm. cant play much since i reach my goal of getting to rank 6

There are quest passed lvl 200…you just have to look for them I grinded MAYBE 3 levels from lvls 220 to 222. There are quest even where i am now at lvl 225 i have cranto coast to quest in but cannot since the map is full or whatever.

Thank you for the feedback.
Seems like flaming the forums isn’t very clever then… But hey, theses people are sacrificing themselves for the community, so they wouldn’t dream to ask anything in return anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to add, that if you go back and explored the maps 100% and do others tedious staff like that, the NPC at home cities called the Wings of im to lazy to get her name :stuck_out_tongue: gives quite an amount of free cards, for telling her stories.

Good luck

wings of vibora

100% map exploration = 3x exp card
monster achievement (kill x of the same monster) = 1x exp card

1 Like

Quests officially stop at 235 (or 234 dont remember) at the moment so there are not enough exp cards from them that will carry you to 245. Even if you count exploration and monster kills there is not enough cards to reach 245+ without grinding.

Even accounting for all of those you will still need to grind, there are only a limited number of mobs and map you can get achievements on to get lvl9-10 cards.

That’s good to know. Any ramp in difficulty is welcome.

2 Likes

You said there were no quest passed 200 but there are that’s all il saying.

I suppose level 200 will be my queue to turn around and go work on old quest lines and collections.

Dude first sentence of the 2nd paragraph is literally:
“First, no more quest! Or rather, very little quests are left so that means nothing but pure grinding.”

1 Like

Huh, looks like the U.S. is training Navy Seals in ToS. O_o

Such waste. You’re basically using exp cards on a level range where you can get up to 9m exp/h.

only after getting rank 7 after that i can casually level until 280 doing dungeon and mission while making another character to do low level dungeon

the extremely weird imbalanced and disabled class that is sorcerer can actually solo tons of red truffles with the help of the super tank summon though it does take some time.

weird how that turns our since sorc is useless in everything else.

Yeah, but if you’re grinding you want to maximize exp/hr so soloing Red Truffles is inefficient. If I could solo I would. FeelsBadMan